Rapidspeeds - Latest news back online till 2nd December 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
servers

im just sorting out some reasonable prices for 1gbps shared servers in the UK, they will have unmetered bandwidth.

Unfortunately for some no torrents etc... are allowed. DCMA in the UK is too hot.

Especially with the fairly recent court proceedings that have made BT (British Telecom) block a certain site by court order.

I will keep you all posted, or just inbox me and i can provide more info when i set these packages and servers up.

Once ordered servers will be ready to go within 15 mins.

There was nothing wrong with the service so I don't really see the point in bashing the defenders. If anything they ( we -_- ) are bummed out because there aren't really decent alternatives out there. I've contacted boxslots but they have 50% extra clients on their semi-dedi nodes and their price is still as high...

I don't think anyone can disagree RapidSpeeds was an outstanding provider. In terms of quality,support and price. It sucks to see it's gone now. And it sickens me the way it got left behind.

Yea there are no decent alternatives because they were running a ponzi scheme.

I think many people will agree they were a shit provider, the support was usually terrible, the quality was only good because leaseweb is good, and again the price was good because they were scamming.

You should all look at various places I said more than a year ago or so they were likely a long scam.

EG http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1627336&p=25#r489 although there I thought they were starting to get their act together, clearly not :/

Last edited:
Guys, Craig just posted something over at WHT:
Hello

I just want to explain my end of the story. I (Craig Milne) stepped down because I fell out with my business Partner Darren and did not like the way I was being treated. I did actually leave before that date (16th Auguest), it was actually in July but by the time I got round to getting the letter into companies house (My fault I know) it seems to be the 16th. I truely did not know this would happen to RapidSpeeds, We did ow some money to leaseweb but we had arrangements in place to clear this off. I discussed this with Darren and he said he will try and make it work and we went our seperate ways. (I do have Skype logs of this)

I have not contacted nor spoken to Darren since we split in July and therefore could not know this was his intention. I still do not have any contact with him as i never thought I would need to contact him again. I do feel very sorry for the clients that have suffered with this.

I am however surprised that RapidSpeeds did not inform people that this was happening, I did not know they had not been informed. I thought the company was actually doing well as they bought / merged with other companies such as Evoboxes and KnowinServers.

If I can do anything that will help please let me know and I will do my best. I am by all means not running away from this, I put alot of hard work into RapidSpeeds and I still have some good relationships with a lot of the customers. I will do my upmost to help people out.

Regards

Craig

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7827462&postcount=132

I'm looking for a VPS with 1TB space only for storage for like 7 days. Any cheap offers i can get? I have 800GB in files, PM ME

Actually I may have just found a solution. A major usenet provider may have capacity, trying to organise a deal.

Anyone in powerloft might be **** out of luck if they plan to backup to OVH, OVHs US links seem trashed:
http://weathermap.ovh.net/backbone

Last edited:
Thanks god I have stopped subscribed their vps in the middle of this year because of their ridiculous charge on ip change. The one who pro to them and against me at that time are unable to talk anymore. Thanks god...Million of thanks.

Leaseweb just shutdown my rapidspeeds server.
It seems to be fine past few hours ago.
No KVM availabe. Pingtime out.

Please take pre-caution on it.

nice catch, first launch no review yet :facepalm:
Softlayer (100tb resells them) has very high reputation on the server and network quality,
however, I'm not sure it allows torrent or not.
I've forward this thread to Tom (their GM), perhaps he can answer it or open a new thread here, or you guys can shoot him an e-mail.

Nathan, is there any chance you can help my situation

Leaseweb are being complete arses about it

basically I need longer than this cut off point of tonight on 2 servers because theres no way I can get my data back in time

Cheers

basically I need longer than this cut off point of tonight on 2 servers because theres no way I can get my data back in time

Cheers

Cheers

Also,

Did RS own the servers? Whats happening to the servers? I'll buy them off you if I have to I NEED the data or am i royally f'ed cheers

RS didn't own the servers, they were leasing.

People that have seen http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7827930 might be interested although the price is fairly expensive per TB.

Softlayer (100tb resells them) has very high reputation on the server and network quality,
however, I'm not sure it allows torrent or not.
I've forward this thread to Tom (their GM), perhaps he can answer it or open a new thread here, or you guys can shoot him an e-mail.

They don't officially allow torrents, but there is no problems using them, many do.

The warez and other shady people though would do well to stay away, being the US 100tb/softlayer definitely have issues with that.

Just noticed no accounts were filed, in the company info pages... interesting..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back