BoxSlots - Information for Dedicated & VPS clients

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I'm confused ... I want a refund now, but I dont know if I should request it in a ticket, or do a PayPal dispute ... Any ideas on how to go about requesting for a refund ?

Also, my last payment was on 3rd December, immediately after which all the hacks starts .. So ideally I would like to get a full payment refund, as since 3rd December, my VPS has been virtually unusable ... So should I ask for a full refund or partial refund ?

Do not go with these new guys. They deleted about $200 in account credit because "it wasn't paid to them". They removed it because I had paid for the account credit before they took over, and now when I tried to use it they marked the invoice unpaid and deleted the credit.

Serverboost - Instadedicated

Hello all, Instadedicated (former boxslots) nullrouted all my servers because i was using what they sold;

they nullrouted me because i was using the servers as it maximum power.

Please be aware with this guys, i cannot even now access my data.

They oversell their network.

@CarmeronS

Please tell the entire story next time. You paid credit to boxslots LTD, we took over the customers and not the finances. If you place a new order and expect us to setup your service for free I think you should be looking for charity of have a chat with santa clause, we do not provide such services.

@surk

Your servers were in the top listing and consuming over 6 Gbit of traffic (mainly transit). Since the servers were causing trouble to our network infrastructure we decided to take further action on that. Our network is far from oversold, we still have more than enough capacity free, but if you think that paying 100 EUR per node for 1 Gbit unmetered is something you can find with us, then you have to think again. Traffic does not come for free. I'm sure there are budget providers around who would be more than happy with you as a client, but we are not such party (and we are also not a budget provider).

I also asked you multiple times to open a ticket in the Boxslots billing, but you refuse to do so. How can we assist / follow-up if you don't listen to anything we say?

@serverboost

You are completly wrong. I have 50tb LIMIT per month.It's not unmetered. Does this mean i cannot use it as i want? If your network is free, how become 6gbit is causing trouble? :facepalm:

I've opened a ticket btw.

Wait Now I am confused, I have 100mbit dedicated port to my VPS although I don't use that much. Maximum transfer i have had so far is 3.5TB i think. Whats the policy on usage if 100mbit is dedicated to a VPS? I wouldn't want my VPS to be disabled so please advise.

They will nullroute your server even if your consumption is fair and what you agreed. This are their policies it seems.

@surk

Your servers were in the top listing and consuming over 6 Gbit of traffic (mainly transit). Since the servers were causing trouble to our network infrastructure we decided to take further action on that. Our network is far from oversold, we still have more than enough capacity free, but if you think that paying 100 EUR per node for 1 Gbit unmetered is something you can find with us, then you have to think again. Traffic does not come for free. I'm sure there are budget providers around who would be more than happy with you as a client, but we are not such party (and we are also not a budget provider).

We paid 300 EUR for 50tb and 200 per 20tb. Our server is still disconnected and we are out of business because of this guys. Waiting for a reply.

@serverboost:

I did tell the full story, how your incompetent mind handles it is your own business.

I payed $200 to BoxSlots and it was put on my account in account credit. Until now, it has been there unspent for several weeks. I just tried to spend it and it got deleted. Now I'm $200 down the drain. Anyone here think that's right? A company gets taken over by another company, so now ANYTHING you bought from the company before is worthless. You really need to get some common sense and stop scamming clients.

EDIT:
Better Idea, just get out of this field of business if you don't know how to treat people. And I hardly call $200 free, so you can drop that whole idea.

Our network is far from oversold, we still have more than enough capacity free
Maybe your network isn't oversold, but everything else is. surk, if you're on NL-7 or NL-1, you need to watch your traffic as 40 other clients are sharing it ;) (43 I believe was the number when I worked there a few weeks ago).

Wait Now I am confused, I have 100mbit dedicated port to my VPS although I don't use that much. Maximum transfer i have had so far is 3.5TB i think. Whats the policy on usage if 100mbit is dedicated to a VPS? I wouldn't want my VPS to be disabled so please advise.

100Mb isn't dedicated. The port speeds of the main servers are 2Gbit, and the NL-E series servers have about 30 clients on them (2-3 per disk | 12x3TB disks per node [Formatted to 2.7TB | Notice, those with NL-E3000s actually only have 2.7TB]). 2048 / 30. If anything is dedicated (which it's not) you would get about 68Mb/s dedicated.

Last edited:
Well I was told its dedicated 100mbps which converts to 10M/s-11M/s which I am happy with. However, my question is would it be a problem if I am using 10M/s non stop for a month? I care less about the physical port's speed as long as I am getting 100mbps dedicated to my VPS. Seems like Boxslots was oversold in that case and 2Gbit for 30 clients isn't enough to provide 100mbps dedicated to 30 clients.

So the question is, how serverboost will take of that? Would they still keep on selling 30 clients on 2gbit as boxslots advertised or will they cut down the number of clients to provide true 100mbps for each client. I am not asking for anything more than 100mbps but yea I don't expect anything less than that either.

If you aquire a company you gain all the clients (and the benefits of this) and you should respect them. It's not our case, we paid 1100 € for 4 dedicated servers and we get this kind of actions, like turning all off suddenly and then this kind of replies. You guys are doing your business and need to keep in mind we are too, as i've got more than 12 hours of downtime becuase of this. This guys doesn't even let me get my data back yet, as i'm still waiting and my servers are still out of the network. Unbelievable. I hope they think again what are they doing, this is a very serious complaint. You guys need to change the way you do business and put in your frontpage : "We give you a 1gbps server but if you use it, we will turn it off". I dont see you are getting much clients if you say the truth, as you are lying in the way you advertise your products.

Last edited:
@Cameron : I think you've missed the point, at least as far as your "credit" was concerned.

Not trying to take sides or pick fights, but please look at it from this angle:

Let's say you rented a room at a hotel. You rented it directly from the company who was running the hotel, but they didn't own that hotel, they leased it, and then rented it out to whomever, including you. You paid them directly, & at least at first, it worked well for both of you - you got what you paid for, and they got your money.

Now suppose that for whatever reason, you got a credit for 2 months free from the management company, or perhaps you liked it so much, that you paid for the next 2 months in advance. You now have a credit from the management company (only), and the entity that actually owns the hotel doesn't know of, or have anything to do with you, or your credit.

Now imagine that the management company had a dyslexic accountant, and they really messed up their business plan, so their expenses turn out to be much more than their income, so they can't afford to continue in this business. They go out of business, and leave town pretty quickly, before they can't afford to buy a bus ticket, but they have now left all the tenants (including you) in the lurch, AND they've also left the hotel ownership high & dry too, so in a very kind gesture, the actual hotel owner doesn't choose to have the local sheriff evict everyone, even though it is their right to do so, but instead, they choose to offer to make arrangements with the tenants (who weren't really their business) for future accommodations.

You would have lost your credit, but the company you paid it to has left town - you can't expect the hotel owner to care about or even know about your credit, much less give you a refund for it, because YOU NEVER HAD A CREDIT WITH THEM - it was with the folks who skipped town after taking your money!

The fact that Serverboost has chosen to take the high road is something that all Boxslots customers should really be grateful, because they didn't have to do it, and we didn't have any legal grounds to require them to... They didn't "buy" or "acquire" the Boxslots company, they are the owners of the resources that Boxslots was leasing and renting to you & I, and I daresay that they don't want that company, either, but they're trying to make the best of a bad situation for all parties concerned.

In all likelihood, the new "customers" that they've acquired are possibly more of a liability than an asset, and going by some of the comments in this forum, they are also possibly more trouble than they're worth... We as former Boxslots customers, have a lower profit margin & a much higher support cost than their usual customer base, so we maybe should be nice to them and thank them for not dumping us to the curb?

Just my 2 pence...

@Ajax

I'm sorry but i think you are completly wrong mate. Instadedicated AQUIRED Boxslots as their website says so as the clients and the future profits. It's not charity, and they are not doing us a favour, they just bought a company and they are making business with it and with the customers. It's not easy to get, i don't know 1,000 or 2,000 clients just in a second. You need to be fair with them and these people are not being fair. Do you know how much it will cost a advertisment campaign to get 2,000 clients? A LOT. Most of us are just waiting for what we have paid, nothing else. You have responsability when you buy a company, it's pretty simple.

Still waiting for my 4 servers to be up.

If you want a practical example Ajax, let's say I bought a Hershey's candy bar and kept it in my freezer. Later that day, Hershey was taken over by Mars (another candy company). That new company should have the right to take back my Hershey Bar?

If there was no one that would take over BS clients, then you would also lose your money.

Instadedicated is probably money-greedy and don't care about customer service.

It would, except that in this case, Boxslots wasn't "taken over", more aptly, their customers were abandoned, and Serverboost (the property owner) had a mess on their hands to deal with.

I'm certain that Serverboost has sold the old Boxslots customer base to a new company as at least a "highly encouraged" sale, but still, the old Boxslots liabilities weren't ever part of the deal, because Serverboost didn't assume them in the first place...

If you go to an estate sale and buy something, you don't automatically get any liens or liabilities attached to that estate, you just get the assets or property that you purchased, no matter who previously did what to it, or why. If you bought a car at such a sale, it wouldn't matter if the previous owner hadn't yet paid the last mechanic who worked on it, because that bill was tied to the estate, NOT the car, and they may have needed to sell the car to pay off the bills anyway, but still that's none of the new buyer's problem, even if they can then take that car and go make money with it.

BTW, Cameron, a new company may have the right to take back your candy bar, but not the OBLIGATION to do so... They are not required to do so at all, and will probably act in the best interest of what makes their business work, so as to stay in business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back