BoxSlots - Information for Dedicated & VPS clients

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked them about the pricing after 1/1 and got this response via ticket:

The packages for current clients will not change, same for pricing. Your price stays at 18,89 GBP (it will be converted to EUR though).
You can pay via this billing system for now or via the new billing system once that's fully operational.
But if Im going to stay I really need SolumVM or something similar. Their admin panel is way too basic for me. I don't want to have to submit a ticket every time I need to reinstall the OS.

Last edited:
Got back $310 from the boxslots dispute

Hi ,

To all the previous boxslots vps customers who had paid boxslots in advance , if you have not got back your money till now , I would suggest you to open a dispute and it would be better if you escalated the dispute after 24 hours.

This is what I had done to get my money back--

On around 18 Dec I had opened a dispute , since I was not able to contact any of the boxslots support.

A day after I escalated the dispute (Always escalate a dispute only after sometime ,as it gets credibility to your dispute)

I was waiting for boxslots to respond , so that I could close the dispute , but since they did not respond, after 2 days I called my Credit card provider and told them that I had paid the money, but for a service which was not delivered to me and the PP account of that service provider still exists (I did not know whether it actually was still alive or not , but I just gave it a go and to my luck , that account is still active)

After a week ,I called my CC provider again and they told me that due to holidays they will get my money back in the first week of january.

And today I got $310 in my paypal account from the same dispute (cant remember if its all the money or not , but something is better than nothing)

So if you have still not gotten your money back , your best bet would be to open a PP dispute and call your Credit company ,tell them what exactly happened (give them the links to the appropriate places if needed -- they wont really ask for it , as CC providers most of the times will support their customers and not PP )

All the best for getting your money back and please do post in this thread if someone else gets a refund .

Also a word of advice , never pay in advance .

Last night I sent an enquiry through boxslots client area regarding my future as former Boxslots customer and 2 hours later I received the following response. I will quote part of it.
About the current billing status, our billing is not yet 100% implemented, so for now you are still hosted 'for free'. Once it's in place we'll be sending out invoices and you can proceed with payment within 7 days time.

The price for you and the specifications also remain the same, nothing is going to change on that. More functions will become available in the CMS very soon (OS reinstall function etc).
In case you have any more questions for us, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Jelle || Instant Dedicated
I really do not see a reason to open a dispute because 16 days ago I received my vps details, the server is stable ever since, the speeds are stable ( I am on a 100 Mbps dedicated line and I get it without any deviation), I recently received my details for a basic control panel for shutdown/reboot/change password and, after their last response, I am promised that the specs will remain the same as well as the price. My service expires on the 25/1/2012 but I see no reason to shift to another provider if everything remains as is. If my point of view is wrong, I would appreciate some enlightment and guidance since I am completely new in all this (and maybe naive to miss something obvious)

Last night I sent an enquiry through boxslots client area regarding my future as former Boxslots customer and 2 hours later I received the following response. I will quote part of it.

I really do not see a reason to open a dispute because 16 days ago I received my vps details, the server is stable ever since, the speeds are stable ( I am on a 100 Mbps dedicated line and I get it without any deviation), I recently received my details for a basic control panel for shutdown/reboot/change password and, after their last response, I am promised that the specs will remain the same as well as the price. My service expires on the 25/1/2012 but I see no reason to shift to another provider if everything remains as is. If my point of view is wrong, I would appreciate some enlightment and guidance since I am completely new in all this (and maybe naive to miss something obvious)
Here is your enlightenment -

You are actually stating that the thieves are saints because the insurance company made it up for you!

I have my server running smoothly too, but that is from Instant Dedicated & not BoxSlots. I wouldn't let BoxSlots to run away with my money if AlertPay was like Paypal. They just emptied their account & AlertPay won't run behind them as far as I can assume.

@ Hime ... thank you for your response

My point of view difers from yours because of the way I see it. I rented a server and I still have that server running disregarding completely who is providing it. ... and why should I care who is providing it as long as it is running? If the vps was down since then , obviously I would have gone after them via my credit card provider. You reckon I should open a dispute ? what should I claim? that my service is down? it's not . U see my point? I do not see how can I win this. Besides, it is only 20 pounds. Does it worth it? if it was 310 pounds like the other guy 4 posts back then it would worth it.

I had made the post for people who wanted to open a dispute (mainly how to get the money back) , not for people who are happy and tardy ...

I had opened a dispute , mainly cuz I was constantly losing time and money , due to the host issues and the loss was far more than what I was paying for the hosting .

It all depends on how critical the webspace you have rented is for you..

I still have that server running disregarding completely who is providing it. ... and why should I care who is providing it as long as it is running?

they closed the company and ran away with your money that's the point. you're giving indirect encouragement that it's OK to do bad thing like that as long as there is someone to "catch" you like Instant Dedicated.

if you really are happy with the service now which is from Instant Dedicated, you could just dispute it from Boxslots and give it to Instant Dedi for their goodwill to offer the free service they gave.

just my point of view, it's your money anyway.

The lesson we learn from this is don't give advance payment for 1 quarter, half year, or one year even though it is cheaper. I prefer 1 month although it is more expensive.

Everyone was told repeatedly by the helpful staff at wjunction to create disputes at paypal.

Those who did it right away - like me - have already received the refund through paypal. I can't believe some people still haven't done it >.<

And so, today they started sending out invoices. Is there anyone who would continue with InstantDedicated? I'm not sure, but they are charging for something that has not even been solidly advertised to us. I mean, how could they start charging when you don't know what plan are you paying for exactly? One of the obvious things that I could point out is the bandwidth offerings, which shows "Unmetered". We know it's not unmetered, and pretty much if you use too much, you will get suspended.

I have receive a Invoice Today.

On Boxslots my service Costs was 35€

In the Invoice from today they want 45€ for 1.1.2012-31.1.2012

So this means i must pay again 45€ for the Service or what?!

Iam not happy with this Price now

I have receive a Invoice Today.

On Boxslots my service Costs was 35€

In the Invoice from today they want 45€ for 1.1.2012-31.1.2012

So this means i must pay again 45€ for the Service or what?!

Iam not happy with this Price now

Are you sure about that? Boxlot charges in GBP not Euros. A quick conversion on oanda shows that 35£ = 42€.

My invoice doesn't show any date....

Are you sure about that? Boxlot charges in GBP not Euros. A quick conversion on oanda shows that 35£ = 42€.

My invoice doesn't show any date....

iam sure

Look
Last Boxslots Invoice.
[SLIDE]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5610/634625877400937500.png[/SLIDE]

[SLIDE]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9592/634625877897441406.png[/SLIDE]

So its 100% correct what i say here.

Watch the invoice in Adobe Reader you will see the Date 1.1.2012-31.1.2012 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back