Status
Not open for further replies.
67 comments
Up and running fine here, however I am on dedi.

Could be..I'm on a semi-dedi

However, I'm more angry because it's been over 15 hours and I received no response from them whatsoever. I've sent a support ticket as well as updated it..Sent messages on skype and left a phone message with no avail...Call me impatient but do u think over 12 hours is acceptable for support ticket time?

I signed up just to show my disgust with this so called company there business is a fucking joke, I am pretty much seething, they have plenty of support for pre-sales, telling me they had 98% uptime and all that jazz, but when it came down to the crunch they can't stay online for a full day, I have since sent a ticket for a refund for the further 5 months, for them to send me details of my domain (That I purchased with them) and a backup of my database. And to a previous question the host should not be down for longer than 10 minutes unless previously stated in a email. Shocking service. If they deny me a refund within the next 48 hours I will be turning to Paypal and submitting a case. Not a good host. Never EVER host with them.

The shared directadmin server has been up for a few months but recently it started getting downtimes due to bad clients being hosted there,I found 3 torrent trackers while we explcitly disallow them on shared,when people agree to our TOS and they don't do anything the server wouldn't go down.
I'm waiting for the datacenter to update me but since it's 3 am in the morning in Hongkong I can't call the manager and I have to wait for an email.

Semi dedicated server is back,we had over 10000 processes on that server while a normal server has 150-300,it's the first attack we had in months on semi dedi,I think the uptime is pretty good after all.
I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

And about the support,recently there have been some maintenance on the train rails next to my student house and I couldn't come online much,my isp let me down a lot,only when I was at college.
Since it's hard to find decent reliable staff I almost do everything myself.
When a server is down a message is sent to me,my tech in Hongkong and to the datacenter and we are trying to bring it back in the nicest possible timeframe.
You can pm me for my mobile phone number aswell,but I don't give it to just anyone.

It's normal that these topics rise when there is a downtime,I take every downtime serious,even when it's on shared.
But downtimes go away and these topics stay alive and in the end they cause you harm aswell,because the more chargebacks and less customers I get,the less upgrades I can do for wrzhost.
I am working on a solution to put the new clients on a new shared server and clients who don't overload and comply with the rules can be on the permanent shared server.

After all,name one company who started in the same year as wrzhost and is still alive.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Edit:

I hate people who threaten us with paypal claims,I already responded to your ticket.
You could aswell be the cause of the downtime.
You want a full refund while you ordered a domain with us?
That means we would have to give you the domain for free,I can only refund the amount for the hosting and push the domain for free.

Asking for a refund on a domain is stupid. If someone does that without a good reason, they are selfish idiots.

Asking for a refund on a domain is stupid. If someone does that without a good reason, they are selfish idiots.

In the past 2 years I've seen a lot.
I even had a customer who paid for a year,used it for 11 months and a half and he asked for a refund in the 12 month and he was pissed that I didn't gave him the refund,which is more than normal.
He spammed all forums I had topics on.
These clients are the main reason people will start to dislike your services because downtimes disappear but topics stay online forever.

I wish you all the best browsing through offshore hosting land.
Make sure you post on wjunction aswell when you get fucked by some nooby offshore host.
We might have our ups and downs but at least I know what I am doing.

on my old dedi this kid asked to delete the domain and the hosting i asked why dont u keep the domain? he said nah i dont feel like keeping it. so i said then i will keep it he said no delete it now.

Lmao.

Btw tippie get on msn i added u please

Thank you, I have to admit I don't like leaving on a sour note, so I will add this, when the server was up 75% of the time it was a great fast server, but the server wasn't up enough for me. If I had the money at hand I probably would have upgraded to a dedi- server, but I don't. Now I respect you have a social life and the company is not your full time job, so I understand the non full 24/7 support.

on my old dedi this kid asked to delete the domain and the hosting i asked why dont u keep the domain? he said nah i dont feel like keeping it. so i said then i will keep it he said no delete it now.

Lmao.

Btw tippie get on msn i added u please

That's a nice example of what happened to me a few years ago,some people just don't know what's possible and what's not.
I started on shared hosting like some of you aswell ;)

Btw I'm online on skype and msn.

Alright my service is restored.

FYI..This is the nearly the only downtime I've had wrzhost servers. I'm overall happy with the actual servers..My issue lies more with the fact it took them so long to get back to me. He did say his internet was down but he shouldn't be the only one answering tickets.

I still recommend if you need off-shore...The other companies I've been with are total garbage compared to them.

Alright my service is restored.

FYI..This is the nearly the only downtime I've had wrzhost servers. I'm overall happy with the actual servers..My issue lies more with the fact it took them so long to get back to me. He did say his internet was down but he shouldn't be the only one answering tickets.

I still recommend if you need off-shore...The other companies I've been with are total garbage compared to them.

Thanks for the nice feedback.

I've had bad experience with hiring staff in the past,I hardly trust anyone online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back