Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't you guys just have reputation points or something, where real users add rep to the persons they think are trustworthy instead of having all this **** about rank and everything

Respected group should be a restricted group. Members should work hard their way up to that rank. Prove beyond any doubt they do deserve it.

On a side note, I never quite understood why some ppl don't like MrP, but after seeing how he's dealing with the demotion thing I got a clearer picture.

Can't you guys just have reputation points or something, where real users add rep to the persons they think are trustworthy instead of having all this **** about rank and everything

I have been saying this for the past year, I think this is exactly what WJ needs.

Maybe even iTrader for the Market Place =/

Firebug and image snap = 6 seconds.

Yaiks, lemme rephrase then, how do you feel about loosing few seconds (I forgot you 'respected' ones are multitasking) of your life for nothing?
Btw, did you count the Idea making part, I bet it took you few miliseconds...

:))

I have been saying this for the past year, I think this is exactly what WJ needs.

Maybe even iTrader for the Market Place =/

I agree with activating the Reputation for vbulleting, dont say it will get abused as anything on the net can get abused, it wont determine anything meaningful besides a big epenis but it wud be nice to have

yea mr happy I have been saying it for ever. Put staff a side, what did Mr P do to get in the original group to begin with? Yes he hosted people for free, but anyone can do that. If he wants to be an ___hole I can be one 2.

He hosted people for free on his free server. He started selling rdp's from my friends server without paying him a penny and when my friend said he won't give him the server next month. Mrp said he's gonna make a scam thread :| Awesomely great guy :)

People should be willing to help out others in a forum irrespective of any incentive i.e. the rank in this case. A free for all forum would never work without this kind of mentality. You join a webmater forum to give and take knowledge and not to gain a brown colored suit.

The way I see certain ex-respected members moaning about their rank loss in the shoutbox and going about telling everyone they are still respected without the rank is embarrassing to say the least and makes me think they are only doing it for the rank and nothing else. These sorta people should've never been promoted in the first place. All I can say is get off your high horse.

I think the Respected title should be dynamic like the system of Top Contributor is Yahoo!7 Answers. If you have been helpful for a period of time, you get the rank and then lose it once you become inactive or stop helping others, taking your rank for granted.

He hosted people for free on his free server. He started selling rdp's from my friends server without paying him a penny and when my friend said he won't give him the server next month. Mrp said he's gonna make a scam thread :| Awesomely great guy :)

Whose your friend?

So what about people who have been in the scene for ages who no longer require WJ to do their work but still choose to come back and assist occasionally. Yes we (Jmz, Wau, Phamous etc) are respected webmasters in the sense of the word (no offence intended to others) but if there was an activity or rep system all of us would most likely fall below it.

People should be willing to help out others in a forum irrespective of any incentive i.e. the rank in this case. A free for all forum would never work without this kind of mentality. You join a webmater forum to give and take knowledge and not to gain a brown colored suit.

The way I see certain ex-respected members moaning about their rank loss in the shoutbox and going about telling everyone they are still respected without the rank is embarrassing to say the least and makes me think they are only doing it for the rank and nothing else. These sorta people should've never been promoted in the first place. All I can say is get off your high horse.

I think the Respected title should be dynamic like the system of Top Contributor is Yahoo!7 Answers. If you have been helpful for a period of time, you get the rank and then lose it once you become inactive or stop helping others, taking your rank for granted.

The problem is some of your list @ SplitIce are completely not helpful. Respected member isn't just being an owner of a big site, its also helping the community.

wtf are you talking about i never said anything about a scam thread thats a freaking lie and we traded banners for the server so it doesn't matter how we paid for the server be it banners or paid its the same crap. from Eso & DJ of IRapidLeech

so dont come here with your bull shit lies i only ever asked the owner of the server to keep it up for another 5 days like the agreement was for 30 days so learn the hole story before you open your moth full of lies

and also ive hosted people free for 5 years i only had a free server for 6 months so you do the math i went along time sponsoring my self before anyone ever sponsored me.

I say, do away with the entire rank. Maintain just two classes of ranks - Members and Staff.

Anything more than that in a community like WJ and you'll have drama at an ongoing basis. You also need to realize that being host to a diverse group of members, not everyone's mentality here is the same. Some feel offended by stuff that should not matter, others don't. What does that do? Breed more drama and possibly enmity. Trust me, you don't want that.

As for the issue of trust and respect, well respect is something that isn't influenced by a color change. You need people to respect you based on how you behave with them, not based on what color your username is or what user title you have. A new unknown member could get the poop color username, but being new and having that poop color does not make him respected - not in my eyes, at least. I'd need him to do a lot more to prove to the community he's actually worth being respected.

Trust? Implement a rating system. If you can't do that, let each be to his own. Risks exist - respected or not. We've seen issues come up with even respected members, hell, an ex-staff scammed WJ in the past. Another staff member fucked up a lot of innocent members because he wasn't experienced enough to run a web host. How, in the name of hell, does a different username color affect the level of trust you place on a person, is beyond me. At the end of the day, you still don't know that person on the other end. You still have to be cautious with him, ask for proof of everything when dealing, etc etc. Just because he's respected does not mean you should blindly trust him and hand him over all your money or whatever it is that you're dealing with.

Just my 2 cents, really. The more 'discrimination (of sorts)' you implement in a community like WJ, the more shit you'll have to deal with in the long run.

wtf are you talking about i never said anything about a scam thread thats a freaking lie and we traded banners for the server so it doesn't matter how we paid for the server be it banners or paid its the same crap

so dont come here with your bull shit lies i only ever asked the owner of the server to keep it up for another 5 days like the agreement was for 30 days so learn the hole story before you open your moth full of lies

and also ive hosted people free for 5 years i only had a free server for 6 months so you do the math i went along time sponsoring my self before anyone ever sponsored me.
That's the story he told me. I don't wanna fight with anyone please. It's christmas eve.
peace :)

I hope everything is cool :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back