Rapidspeeds - Latest news back online till 2nd December 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that so many of you guys used it for website hosting. And on top of that, you didn't even bother setting up a remote cron backup or something. I have a pretty small site and I do that.

Should keep your high ranked sites on reliable hosts with some of that money you generate >.<

I shouldn't talk because I used it too, but not for hosting (no way man). Just as a leech box for auto uploading to my site.

Has anyone confirmed that the servers would indeed be turned on by Leaseweb tomorrow and not just because RapidSpeeds mention it in their twitter?

- I only say that because they said 12-18hrs before problems are solved and then 24hrs later they post that Leaseweb would take over but it hasn't been confirmed? Anyone talked to Leaseweb and confirm the statement yet?

There will be more involved than just turning on the servers. The whole company needs to be transferred, and given they dissolved it I'm not sure if that will make it harder, but these things take time.

LW 100TB plans are also much crappier. The disks are slow, interface to manage is pretty crap, and you could get terminated at any time.

I don't really need those fancy panels, disks are working fine and their network is much more stable :) For about $50+ less expensive Leaseweb, a not so heavy user like me would make it a deal.

Yea well I guess if you want less performance saving the money is good, although then I'd suggest just go 100Mbit or something, but whatever :)

I was mostly using an EVO/RS dedi as seedbox, so data loss is no biggie, thought I feel for those that haz moar important data.

Leaseweb doesn't provide even semi-dedi servers! I wonder what will happen to the VPS customers like me from knowinservers...!!

I guess they take over all servers and clients mean, only changing the owner of the company, and may let Darren and Gavin to keep running the business using Leaseweb's fund, but do not change much on Rs's business model.

Sometime, a company having financial crisis does not mean their business model is bad, they just need more money support to make them growing big.

In my opinion, rapidspeeds is on the road to success as they have an unique groups of customers (warez, pt, video streaming.etc), they earn profit from these groups of unique customers, which is better than many hosting companies which do not have an unique group of customers, so they have less power to compete with other companies which is offering similar products.

I really hope the transition of the business goes smooth, so we will able to backup our data, then reconsider whether we should stay or move to elsewhere. If they do good, I am sure I will return to Rs, as there isn't a big problem beside this 2 days down incident.

If there is a bank corrupcy then the site/service must gone sooner or later. If Darren not selling his car :D on this situation site will be gone forever.

Yes it looks that way, but a good idea to have some backup servers ready to transfer onto in any case, just to be sure!

We are hoping that if LeaseWeb takes over, this will be again a reliable and stable service.

We have had zero problems with Rapidspeeds untill this happend, and it really came as a shock! They do offer awesome services, and it's very hard to find a good replacement..

But it was nice to finally get some sleep, and now we are ready to see what will happen today :)

I guess they take over all servers and clients mean, only changing the owner of the company, and may let Darren and Gavin to keep running the business using Leaseweb's fund, but do not change much on Rs's business model.

Sometime, a company having financial crisis does not mean their business model is bad, they just need more money support to make them growing big.

In my opinion, rapidspeeds is on the road to success as they have an unique groups of customers (warez, pt, video streaming.etc), they earn profit from these groups of unique customers, which is better than many hosting companies which do not have an unique group of customers, so they have less power to compete with other companies which is offering similar products.

I really hope the transition of the business goes smooth, so we will able to backup our data, then reconsider whether we should stay or move to elsewhere. If they do good, I am sure I will return to Rs, as there isn't a big problem beside this 2 days down incident.
I am wishing it to be the same. Obviously I was always happy with knowinservers too, so will keep on going until it creates any major problem(again). This time I will probably go for a daily backup schedule.

It is 6:52 AM at NL, hope we get our things back soon as it were.

Fingers Crossed & Best Wishes to ourselves..

^^How to do that? I have one wordpress blog, I tried some backup plugins but none of them work as expected.

And I always forget to take backup using phpmyadmin, any easier and automated solution will be appreciated.

The files doesn't change much, its only the database that i want to take daily backup of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back