Rapidspeeds - Latest news back online till 2nd December 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you guys stop copy pasting that tweet. We've all seen it and read it ages ago.

And yes we believe it.

@dubs: Well there was obviously some mistake somewhere, because that is 100% impossible like someone said.

Don't bother finding that email.

Can you guys stop copy pasting that tweet. We've all seen it and read it ages ago.

And yes we believe it.

@dubs: Well there was obviously some mistake somewhere, because that is 100% impossible like someone said.

Don't bother finding that email.

Leaseweb and Rapidspeed should give more information by resume www.rapidspeeds.com ASAP to clear the confusions, otherwise, people can only guess and make assumption of RS lie to us again.

Last edited:
server

Hi Chris

Great to speak with you earlier. Thank you for explaining your requirements to give:
· a high level of scalability for your streaming media Customers
· giving the comfort of being able to run multiple concurrent streams on an unmetered IP Transit connection of up to 1Gb.

As discussed, the more data you commit to, the more discounted the price per committed Mb – i.e.:

• 1Gb unmetered, resilient, uncontended Internet Access @ £6,000 per month
  • 500Mb Committed Data Rate (‘CDR’) @ £4,000 per month, burstable to 1Gb @ £8 per Mb per month
  • Following negotiation with my Senior Management Team, I am pleased to be able to offer you the special discounted price match to your Netherlands IP Transit @ £4,000 per month for 1Gb unmetered, resilient*, uncontended Internet Access
  • 100Mb CDR @ £1,200 per month, burstable to 1Gb @ £12 per Mb per month

*BIS’ Internet Access is delivered via multiple upstream IP Transit providers for resilience and comes with a 100% SLA – please see page 5 of the Connectivity and Network Services Service Description:
Service Description: BIS Connectivity and Network Services v1.3

I bought '1gbps unmetered' from RS. Guess it's still not possible to keep it for the same price :(

I would move my servers to elsewhere even though leaseweb take over rs.
Leaseweb is name of doesn't allow video streaming, warez, and PT (which many customers doing these things using RS).

Unless leaseweb clarify nothing is going to be change, otherwise they will still lose lots of customers by taking over RS.

The leaseweb sales guy told me that they allow torrents, but if they receive a complaint they will ask for it to be removed within 24 hours.

I think thats a fair deal.

Hi Chris

Great to speak with you earlier. Thank you for explaining your requirements to give:
· a high level of scalability for your streaming media Customers
· giving the comfort of being able to run multiple concurrent streams on an unmetered IP Transit connection of up to 1Gb.

As discussed, the more data you commit to, the more discounted the price per committed Mb – i.e.:

• 1Gb unmetered, resilient, uncontended Internet Access @ £6,000 per month
  • 500Mb Committed Data Rate (‘CDR’) @ £4,000 per month, burstable to 1Gb @ £8 per Mb per month
  • Following negotiation with my Senior Management Team, I am pleased to be able to offer you the special discounted price match to your Netherlands IP Transit @ £4,000 per month for 1Gb unmetered, resilient*, uncontended Internet Access
  • 100Mb CDR @ £1,200 per month, burstable to 1Gb @ £12 per Mb per month

*BIS’ Internet Access is delivered via multiple upstream IP Transit providers for resilience and comes with a 100% SLA – please see page 5 of the Connectivity and Network Services Service Description:
Service Description: BIS Connectivity and Network Services v1.3

I beg you should check more hosting companies in UK,
I give you two names, redstation and uk2, both UK companies offer much lower rate than the company you quotedB-)

I would move my servers to elsewhere even though leaseweb take over rs.
Leaseweb is name of doesn't allow video streaming, warez, and PT (which many customers doing these things using RS).

Unless leaseweb clarify nothing is going to be change, otherwise they will still lose lots of customers by taking over RS.

I'm using it as a download server.

@Dubs:
£4 per mb of data IS NOT THE SAME AS £4000 for unmetered gbit internet.

look a little lower mate £12 per MB per month. £4000 is quite expensive. When i got a quote for leasing and networking it was much cheaper around £2300/month for 5 servers i think.

I beg you should check more hosting companies in UK,
I give you two names, redstation and uk2, both UK companies offer much lower rate than the company you quotedB-)

You from the UK charles? and yea you are right there is cheaper in the UK that was one of many quotes. I think rapidswitch were the cheapest i think. I saw that quote and thougt i wasnt worth it. Theres no real demand for 1gbps servers in the UK. That DC hosted ITV etc....

@Dubs:
1 - that email isn't written well and can easily cause misunderstanding
2 - Pretty sure they're offering 100mbit unmetered for 1200 ( though that 12 gbp per mb per month line is retarded)
3 - Find another provider.

You think i was crazy to pay that price? lol

I was toying with the idea, but did some research and found that 1gbps was not really a demand in the UK

I wasted my own time on that really. Well at least our servers will all be back up. Got a few offline at the moment.

redstation is shit. they are basically the next rapidspeeds. leasing their hw and paying for data, it will end badly.

uk2 group is OK, they run 100tb.com and vps.net

rapidspeeds were paying far less than that, around 1euro per mbit across EU and US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back