IcerBox Discussion thread

256 comments
I was also very disappointed to see Avaxhome move to Pay Only in order to download. Over the years I've seen the site eliminate alternate links, increase wait times and use all kinds of popups and redirects that frustrated the free downloaders. I understand the need to get some revenue from hosting a site, but it seems to me if you're going to host what some might call "copyrighted" or even "illegal" files, it would be nice to do another anti-establishment thing and offer a way to download for free. Those who can't stand the wait times etc. and have the money to get a premium account are going to do so. Those, like myself, who can't afford anything because we are pensioners or on fixed income, or just plain poor, are going to search for other sources for downloads. Over time, Avaxhome will find itself with a reputation as a poor source for downloads. I'm hoping they will change their minds, but it's not likely to happen. Sorry to move on to other sites. They were always one of the first sites I checked at the beginning of my day. But thanks for the great memories anyway!

Very many thanks for that, audiosuki. It is much appreciated. Actually, I found the relevant links just a few minutes ago via Avax's Facebook account, but I now have another issue. It seems that quite a number of posters at Avax have not, at least as yet, provided download links to IcerBox but are still providing download links to Nitroflare. Am I possibly missing something here?

By the way, what is IcerBox like with speeds and how legit are they? I don't want to be stuck with one of those outfits who continue to debit your card even after your original contract has expired. That would be a nightmare that I don't want.

Anyone Received Payment From Icerbox ?
Yes.
Thanks for Payment :-)

Is Icerbox Support Rebils System For Affiliate Users ?
looks like not

FjpG9WH.jpg
look like yes, if you read yours affiliate Stats

Date
Sales / Rebills
Downloads

if there is write Sales / Rebills then rebills are count like sales (40%)

if there is write Sales / Rebills then rebills are count like sales (40%)
it's not a fact. anyway, it's too early to talk about rebills (stats sucks imho - only file id), time will show.

It seems that quite a number of posters at Avax have not, at least as yet, provided download links to IcerBox but are still providing download links to Nitroflare. Am I possibly missing something here?
it's impossible, can you provide example?

I don't want to be stuck with one of those outfits who continue to debit your card even after your original contract has expired.
icerbox doesn't do so.

"it's impossible, can you provide example?"

An example: "Jascha Heifetz - The Complete Original Jacket Collection: Limited Edition Box Set" x 3 volumes. Only a Nitroflare download link is displayed.

And speed, what kind of speeds does IcerBox offer and is there any download limit?

Updates:

I just came across this (same poster): "Itzhak Perlman - The Complete Warner Recordings: Box Set 77CDs" x 3.

And this: "Itzhak Perlman - Complete Recordings On Deutsche Grammophon: Box Set 25CDs (2015)".

And this: "Vladimir Horowitz - Live At Carnegie Hall: Box Set 41CDs (2013)".

And this: "Vladimir Horowitz - The Complete Original Jacket Collection: Limited Edition Box Set 70 CDs" x 2.

Last edited:
"Itzhak Perlman - The Complete Warner Recordings: Box Set 77CDs" x 3.
And this: "Itzhak Perlman - Complete Recordings On Deutsche Grammophon: Box Set 25CDs (2015)".
And this: "Vladimir Horowitz - Live At Carnegie Hall: Box Set 41CDs (2013)".
And this: "Vladimir Horowitz - The Complete Original Jacket Collection: Limited Edition Box Set 70 CDs" x 2.
these are old posts, only icerbox links are used since January 7, 2017

And speed, what kind of speeds does IcerBox offer and is there any download limit?
can't say nothing about speed (must be as usual on premium plans)

download limit exists - 20 GB/day if I don't mistake

Thanks!

Thing is, though, if only the most recent posts can be downloaded then virtually the entire catalogue at Avax is useless until such time as new links are provided.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Thing is, though, if only the most recent posts can be downloaded then virtually the entire catalogue at Avax is useless until such time as new links are provided.

You are able to download the older posts from rg, nitro & co (if they are still online at the hoster).

Ah, OK. Thanks, Mackwa, for clearing that up.

The reviews for Nitroflare Premium, however, are so poor that I'm afraid I'll have to give those files a miss. It sounds not just plain bad but scarily so.

Last edited:
Icerbox Price

Icerbox belongs to nitroflare. My problem is that they are too expensive. Soon they will start with a sale campaign. But why make us wait that long? And it also leaves bad taste that they pushed us to nitroflare and suddenly left us in cold with this switch.

sometimes it's constantly dropping down the download speeds to few hundred kbps when the download is at 90% like what the hell... and every 2nd / 3rd download are limited to 2-300 kbps by default... oh and you have bandwidth limit too... they really don't like to give people an enjoyable service

Last edited:
I actually haven't accessed Avax for a few years. These are some of the more significant changes I have noticed:

1) Far fewer decent downloads. I'm referring here to classical music and jazz.

2) In the past, posters invariably provided the option of MP3 or FLAC files. Now I've noticed a definite tendency to only offer MP3.

3) Firms like RapidShare were a dream to work with (I'm referring to the premium service here). I had zero hassles. From what I've heard, the dream has turned into a nightmare. I have no problem with paying for the service, but I do expect that service to be decent.

but you know why that limit is fucked (like slowing down the download after you already downloaded the most of it)... because you gotta cancel and restart downloads again and again to get straight speeds and this way they make you waste a whole lot of bandwidth
how the hell a host gone be this manipulative

Last edited:
but you know why that limit is fucked (like slowing down the download after you already downloaded the most of it)... because you gotta cancel and restart downloads again and again to get straight speeds and this way they make you waste a whole lot of bandwidth
how the hell a host gone be this manipulative
Exactly, i have to cancel download many times and have to start it again to gain some speed. DL speed is not constant at all.

Nitroflare is no longer offering free downloads from the avax links before January 7, 2017.

It keeps giving me a message about "free downloads no available due to overloading of the server. Please purchase a premium membership to download immediately"

^ The translation of all this is basically summed up into:

"Screw you. We want more of that money in your pockets. Pay up or go away, no free downloads. We'll steal the content we upload, but you gotta pay."

Yeah, definitely.

Can't say I blame them, really. They are doing something risky and need to be compensated for it. Hopefully this is just an experiment and they'll go back to the old model.

It is their sandbox, and therefore their rules/prerogative. That being said, there's little difference between a sandbox and a litter box when you crap all over it. Hopefully, as others have stated better, things will revert to the way it was. If not, then here's to hoping that users find better options for hosting and downloading.

Back