Shared HiloHost.com - cPanel Hosting 2$ (NL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch! Sad to see this is still going on. I actually brought hosting the other day and a few hours later the attacks happened.

Of course this delayed me being able to Launch my new forum and unable to work on it which is frustrating.

It's frustrating for SP, I am sure having to deal with all the criticism and overload of suggestions here in the thread...which also can be viewed negatively by prospective customers.

God only knows how much more people are ovrloading him via PM or email..

It's Frustrating to customers because unlike me, who does forums for a hobby people do make money from their sites so I can imagine how pissed some people are.

I personally think two things

1. There are other datacenters that are better than Ecatel that do ignore DMCA and takedown notices and maybe this repeated attack for days on end should be a shove in that direction.

of course not my decision nor business.

2. No disrespect to SP or HH....
But for the love of God. Before I became a customer here, I read this thread day in and day out....If you already know he gets attacked daily or 2-3 times a week and the servers are offline for days at a time

COMMON SENSE SHOULD TELL YOU TO BACK-UP!

But for those saying this is $1-$5 hostitng so downtime should be expected....true-ish but at the same time, I've received service for 1 to 2 bucks a month from other companies and I never had any issues.

I've had issues from SpeedySparrow(A US Host) paying 20 bucks a month and they had issues quite frequently.

So the price really of a service is not really a reason to expect downtime(especially days of it)

But I really don't hold SP/HH at fault. THis is an ecatel thing and the thing of whomever is attackign the server. I guess a lot of people didn't have much to do this weekend asie from attackign a host.

I re-newed my account a few day ago. Am I able to have a refund?
Sorry but I have to leave your host. It's a pleasure to host with you over 1 month

Last edited:
I suspect he is out of ideas and just waiting for the attacker to quit

then again it was the weekend
maybe he is waiting for someone to respond that only dose so on a workday

It is generally the case that at weekends you won't receive support from a DC due to it not being a "Working day"

Lets hope there is a resolution today.

he thinks it's a rival host
ill tell yea that thought really ticks me off
IF a rival host is doing this then ALL hosts are at risk
may be getting more business for themselves
but ruining the hole community

I wouldn't put it past it being a rival host. My hosting have had the same. It is a pisstake. People have to remember even though we have paid money (admittedly not much) and our sites are experiencing downtime, the host in most cases aren't at fault at all. It's shit for everyone and I'm sure the hosts don't enjoy it

If it's too much, find a different host

undoubtedly the host's would prefer things run smoothly
so they can just sit back raking in the $ from satisfied costumers

not no joy in giving refunds on hosting that he still has to pay for
I can't imagine his business has expanded much the last few days
and ill be his wallet hasn't groan much either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back