Shared HiloHost.com - cPanel Hosting 2$ (NL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting the HiloHost website active at the moment so customers don't think I have ran away with their money. I think I might have a way to stop the attack, or at least make things work whilst the attack is happening, but this isn't a promise, it is hope.

Hopefully this works out for you and your customers Sp. Stupid jackasses on the internet DDoS'ing for no damn reason. Stick with Sp guys, he's a great person.

I really don't see much point in going with someone else
if Sp is correct and it's a rival host (seems likely) then sooner or later all competing hosts will get there turn

seems to me I have seen people mention 3-4 other hosts having had the same problem

anyway SP said something yesterday about trying to get hilohost working fist so his costamers wont think he ran away with there $
any prograss on that ?
something in the way you said it made me think you where making progress

I think he was trying to get the main site back up so people wouldn't think he was running off with their stuff.

But yeah I know for a fact that my old vaporhostn had downtime that happened at least 3 times a week. unfortunately the closed down(only a few months old)

Blazingvps(formerly shoutcastuk) had quite a few issues as well and then sent their customers over to another company vps4less who are now having issues of their own(that's a whole nother mess)

So it's not just HH/SP having issues but i do wonder is it because they are advertising their services here on WJ and we know what kind of crowd WJ can attract.

Yes, I am also aware that this is happening/happened to other companies, I am trying my best to get some good advice/techniques to fix this but it appears that I haven't had any success, yet.

I don't want to pay someone to fix the server because I don't trust people having access to KVM over IP and SSH isn't accessible, I suppose I could use an application such as TeamViewer but then I would still have to find someone who is capable of fixing it, and if I knew someone capable of fixing it, I would have just asked them how to fix it.

When the server is back online I am going to be increasing the prices of hosting as I don't want to deal with negative comments in the future, people pay so little and expect so much yet paying so little people would normally not expect a lot, so at least if the server went down after someone paid a considerable amount of money, then I wouldn't mind listening to complains but at the end of the day it is 1$ hosting (which is 35p in my currency after PayPal has deducted the fees). And for this people are getting hosting under a DMCA ignored server which allows a hell of a lot of content that we all know a good share of hosting providers wouldn't.

If I had money I could buy more secure hardware (currently I am not even earning as much as what the server costs, then I am putting SO much of my time into this yet all I receive is unhappy customers, of course I don't expect you to be happy with downtime yet I would appreciate people taking into consideration that this isn't only happening to me, this isn't a personal attack so it isn't a fault with my attitude towards someone) and have a better machine and a better port to prevent this from occurring. I've had somewhat a pretty secure host since launch, with only one major issue where data was lost, apart from that the service has been pretty decent if I don't mind saying so myself, I no longer care for client who aren't willing to pay the price for the service they expect, some of the comment that I have read are so obscene and immature it makes me not even want to host a large amount of people.

I'm not ranting or being angry, I am just trying to get my point/situation across to everyone as it appears that I haven't explained myself clear enough in my previous posts.

p.s Ecatel are a good offshore company, they have tried helping me but they do not provide managed servers, well, not from what I know anyway, so I can't really expect more, and the reason the hosting is so cheap is because Ecatels servers are cheap.

Keep ya head up SP32, tbh....as pissed as I get, you are a good one as I would have either flipped out on tons of people :P or given up.

So much respect to you.

well if I where you id drop that $1 plan
as for the others well im honestly not sure what your competition is charging so im not really sure what it's worth
I did look at a VPS for $10 a month before joining you at $5
I would have to say though anyone should be willing/able to come upwith $10 a month
I chose the $5 plan because I couldn't amagin needing more bandwidth then that

Yes, I am also aware that this is happening/happened to other companies, I am trying my best to get some good advice/techniques to fix this but it appears that I haven't had any success, yet.

I don't want to pay someone to fix the server because I don't trust people having access to KVM over IP and SSH isn't accessible, I suppose I could use an application such as TeamViewer but then I would still have to find someone who is capable of fixing it, and if I knew someone capable of fixing it, I would have just asked them how to fix it.

When the server is back online I am going to be increasing the prices of hosting as I don't want to deal with negative comments in the future, people pay so little and expect so much yet paying so little people would normally not expect a lot, so at least if the server went down after someone paid a considerable amount of money, then I wouldn't mind listening to complains but at the end of the day it is 1$ hosting (which is 35p in my currency after PayPal has deducted the fees). And for this people are getting hosting under a DMCA ignored server which allows a hell of a lot of content that we all know a good share of hosting providers wouldn't.

If I had money I could buy more secure hardware (currently I am not even earning as much as what the server costs, then I am putting SO much of my time into this yet all I receive is unhappy customers, of course I don't expect you to be happy with downtime yet I would appreciate people taking into consideration that this isn't only happening to me, this isn't a personal attack so it isn't a fault with my attitude towards someone) and have a better machine and a better port to prevent this from occurring. I've had somewhat a pretty secure host since launch, with only one major issue where data was lost, apart from that the service has been pretty decent if I don't mind saying so myself, I no longer care for client who aren't willing to pay the price for the service they expect, some of the comment that I have read are so obscene and immature it makes me not even want to host a large amount of people.

I'm not ranting or being angry, I am just trying to get my point/situation across to everyone as it appears that I haven't explained myself clear enough in my previous posts.

p.s Ecatel are a good offshore company, they have tried helping me but they do not provide managed servers, well, not from what I know anyway, so I can't really expect more, and the reason the hosting is so cheap is because Ecatels servers are cheap.

Let me on teamviewer this evening,

add my skype dill.chambers
msn dlow@live.com

im about to go out for a interview when i get back i will help you over teamviewer.

your a good guy and don't deserve the bullshit that goes a long with running a hosting company, its pathetic that some turd thats prob a banned member here on WJ is doing this.

I cant promise you a fix, but i can surly look into it and assist the best that i can if you accept.

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back