Status
Not open for further replies.

Storming

Hi,
Just curious to know if anybody is planning on using/offering the new line up of Intel processors?

We've just pre-ordered some with our DC for the following configurations:

2x Intel Xeon E5-2640 (6 cores, 2.50 GHz, 12 Cores total with 24 threads)
64GB DDR3 ECC RAM
Intel 320 G3 80G SSD

Certainly a nifty bit of kit there! =)
I can't wait to be playing with this myself and testing it over the current E3 range we currently operate with.

Whats your thoughts? Theres many different configurations for the E5 series.. so would love to see if people are going for these and what for?

I won't say what these little beauts are for but im sure all will be revealed soon ;)

EDIT: Reason for the low sized SSD is due to our setup needs - we'll be running SAN storage along side these...

20 comments
good when E5 will be released E3 prices will go downhill and we will go for that ;)

btw nice in-direct advertising but I guess its wrong place since most members here won't spend 300$+ on high-end dedis ;)

Have to agree XSLTel I'm very impressed with the performance we receive from the E3 processors (Running 1230 and the 1260L) if the prices go down it would be great.. But I doubt they'll drop that much just yet!

Look at the older generation Xeon CPU's those can still be pricey! :P

Didn't plan for indirect advertising, just curious to see if people are gonna be running similar setups.

love the specification,big boss cpu, will be prefebely for encoding purposes ;)

Im sure many encoders would find this a beast to work with!

Although im sure in most cases it would be used for VPS services/cloud infrastructure for a very high demand.

@Storming swiftway server right ? . Also what SAN solution you are going to implement. Is that iSCSI over normal NIC link or Fiber channel ?

^ that IP belongs to http://t-n-media.de/ (aka, Voxility as they are known as in Romania) so everyone knows...

contacting them about this... i'd love an ultra fast cpu :))

it seems it's a german ip but located in romania [hmmm]

Intel is naming their Consumer I series (i3/5/7) to Server E series (E3/5/7)

Best config till now is

Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-8870 (30M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 6.40 GT/s Intel® QPI, 10 Cores, 20 Threads)

Can you believe the max memory (RAM) size is 4096 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back