Status
Not open for further replies.

mafisto00

Banned
Banned
hello everyone.

I've heard a lot of websites use xfilesharing
also
1.heard xfilesharing is pretty old coding.
2. very expensive comparing to all other services.
3. support isn't so good from what i'v seen.
4. updates about ones a year
5. Custom mods, why are they so expensive and extra $$ per server?

Yetishare
1. newer coding.
2. heard if the best back end.
3. support is great from what i'v seen.
4.update twice a year. a lot of upgrades.
5.Custom mods from xfilesharing are already included.

Can some one show we where i am wrong with choosing yetishare over xfilesharing?
any other service better then both?

regards

91 comments
Lets check the obvious differences between the two scripts

sibsoft - xfileshare basic script costs $150

With that you must add a few mods:

Payment Gateways mod - $60
Reports mod - $70
Webmaster mod - $70
Smart Plans mod - $85

With these I'd suggest a few more mods that you will need sooner or later:

Nginx mod - $200
100% complete mod - $120
FTP mod - $300
FastCGI mod - $250

So the total for sibsofts file share script will be - $1305

Mafisto00 talks about old code, I'm not sure about what does that mean but he refers to it as it's a bad thing I can't judge that as I am no coder,
it would be nice to have a coder opinion about this old code new code question.
About sibsoft support I know that sometimes it takes them a few days to answer but I know for a fact that when they are doing something you asked for they do it good and reliable.
Updates with sibsoft xfileshare script are slow, it's enough you see the version they have today which is 2.1 and a thread and the forum that they are working on version 2.2 that was posted on Nov 19th 2013 so you can understand by this how slow they are.

On a personal note, I think sibsoft xfileshare script is very good BUT the downside to it is that it costs a lot of money and every little thing that you need to modify or add you need to pay them more for custom job.

Yetishare - File Hosting Script costs $59

With that you must add a few plugins:

Rewards Plugin PPS / PPD - $59
FTP upload plugin - $59
Payments gateway mod - around $10

So the total for YetiShare.com file share script will be - $187

it is "new code" can't judge this.
Support is very nice indeed and didn't charge me much for adding a custom payment gateway they we're fast and kind.
About updates I read on YetiShare site that the latest version is 3.4 which was released on 4th of December 2013 which isn't very far away and shows that they do work on updates.

On a personal note, I have bought the script but never used it.

So in conclusion you can buy 6.9 YetiShare scripts with 1 sibsoft script price so hands down I'd go with YetiShare add a few dollars and modify it to my needs.

*it would be nice to hear from YetiShare and SibSoft in this thread about why do they think their script is better.

Your comparison metrics totally wrong. For XFilesharing price you can buy 6.9 yeti or 40 Oxi scripts. But go and count how many yeti or oxi scripts is in File Hosts Official Support section and how many xfilesharing. You should care about that, but not about price, support, coding (what's that?), updates, etc

Hi all,

We're fairly new to this forum so I thought I'd give you a bit of insight into YetiShare and why we think we offer more than other file hosting scripts available. I'll try to keep it short! :)

• Although YetiShare has been about for the past 2 years, we've been writing PHP scripts for the past 12. So we've a huge amount of knowledge in web based development, i.e. security (number 1!), performance, resiliency, scalability and flexibility, all the core things that matter when producing software for other businesses.

• YetiShare is worked on by 2 developers as a full time job. We don't do this just in the evenings or weekends, we work 8 hours per day (at least!) each on the software. That gives us time to ensure the code is constantly being maintained and any requests for changes are quickly reviewed. We also have real offices in the UK, see our contact page on YetiShare.com for our office details.

• As for the core YetiShare script itself. It comes with a huge amount of features in the core script. Many other scripts charge extra for plugins for functionality we include as standard. An example is the xfilesharing script, you can purchase the nginx mod for $200.00, then $50.00 for each additional server. We include this as standard in the core script, no extra charges per server. The 100% download mod on xfilesharing is $120.00 for the 1st server, then $20.00 for every other server. We include this as standard aswell.

• We are currently running on over 2,200 installs. That's a huge test base for the script and not bad for 2 years. We're aiming to grow this significantly this year.

• We also supply the full source code with YetiShare so if you need something changing, you can arrange it yourself. Even the core libraries are unencoded. It's written in object based PHP which most web developers understand.

• Although there are other scripts which have been around for a while, the code for these is a lot older and less frequently updated. I'd say look at our last release date on YetiShare.com and find another file hosting script which gets anywhere near it (we are also doing a new release next week).

• Support - we respond via email as quick as possible to support queries. Simon is on the chat tool on the website so he can help with anything pre-sales. We know how important good support is. Feel free to test us. :)

Overall we truly believe you can't get the same quality file hosting script elsewhere nor the support. I've tried to keep this short but if you need any more info, feel free to PM me or drop us an email on YetiShare.com.

Thanks,
Adam - YetiShare.com

Yetishare your script is good, but some of your plugins are over prized for simple features by example "Media Converter" you want 70$ but there are not settings for quality, there are not settings for two type of quality SD & HD, in this money your plugin should know that. Why there are still exist support for flv format ? html5 player and x264 are the next video generation.

Yetishare your script is good, but some of your plugins are over prized for simple features by example "Media Converter" you want 70$ but there are not settings for quality, there are not settings for two type of quality SD & HD, in this money your plugin should know that.

Thanks for the feedback. I've noted the requests in our RFCs, so they'll be reviewed for the next release. We've got plans for a video template so this would definitely be included for then.

Why there are still exist support for flv format ? html5 player and x264 are the next video generation.

Some of our users ask for it. :)

Hey guys,

Just to let you know there's been a new release (v4) of YetiShare and a huge amount of improvements with it. It's a major release for us, we've entirely revamped the front-end making it responsive for mobile, tablet etc. There's also loads of new functionality and fixes. I'll not list all the details here but have a look at the release history or our demo (fhscript.com, u: admin p: password) if you want more info.

https://yetishare.com/release_history.html

Thanks,
Adam.

Yetishare, you need to think about discounts on holidays!

Hi Dubex, We occasionally have special promotional offers on. Recently we were giving away 3 of our YetiShare plugins away entirely for free. I would recommend following our social network pages to keep up to date with us. These can be found in the footer of our site :)

Hi

Hi Guys,

I have been reading through all your comments what is the best File Hosting Script that you guys use?

I am not fussed about the cost of the core script for my File Hosting Company.

What are some good addons?

I have my own developer plus myself that can make changes to the script to improve it and made it better ...

I would rather get my own File Hosting Script built i had a few quotes via Freelancer & other sites and they came out around $5000 which seems fair for they have to build i just like to own the full code outright ..

If it does fail i can also resell the file hosting script because i will own the code as a script like Yetishare what do you guys think?

BusinessCat

Last edited:
File Hosting Script

, lol. Why did you edited your post so much? Completely changed your mind? You have been threatened?

Hi,

Yes i changed my mind about a few things i had put and thought id take another approach! :) That other users may not of thought of/discussed but after reading some more into this and looking at other file hosting scripts its just easyier to have my own custom built from scratch so i own the Full Source Code ... at least i can keep control of my own system and not have to worry about if something goes wrong about waiting around for days for support or help to the issue i just email my developer who will fix it within a few hours ...

What do you mean by Threatened i dont get this comment?

BusinessCat

Last edited:
I was using XFile Sharing pro for about 3 years and had nothing but problems with the software (Large uploads failing , Software crashes , Internal server errors , Large CPU loads. No support. And at one stage the software crashed so badly that even the XFile Sharing pro team had no idea what was wrong)

Switched over to YetiShare and its been perfect! Way better interface for admin & users and the software actually works! Yetishare is much better than XFile sharing imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back