• IP.Board

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • VBulletin

Votes: 46 43.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not even an argument.

Of course most themes are outdated. That's why websites update them. :whistling:

All 3.4 skins are compatible with 3.4.6. All 3.3 skins need minor table changes to work with 3.4.6. Not sure what you're trying to get at here. Are you trying to say that you're unwilling to make a little effort to make old skins work with new software?
It's better than having no skins to begin with. *cough Xenforo*

IPB is the most user-friendly out of the three. If you had used it, you would know.

for me i just use VB for around 4 years and i move to Xen from mid of 2013

VB has tons of mods and themes
but !! i like the 3.8 so no new featuers add it to the core i dont like vb4 or 5

xenforo give me the ability to do many things
like around 6 or 7 addons i was needed in vb and now ^_^ just 1 addon have every thing

its sure that not that much of free themes right now but u need to wait even vb and ipb when they start in 3 4 years they dont have that much of themes !!!

also for mods they r added from time to time
with new idea and new featuers ^_^
also the new 1.3 r really awesome

and if its for u

just install all of them in ur localhost try them work with them around 1h for each and choose the one u want

about ipb i wana try it but after i saw the size of the version around 50mb ^_^ i just close the page
same with joomla the site around 150 mb so this was an issue for me ^^

vbulletin is best without and doubt. vbulletin has beautiful theme and more advanced functionality compare to other forum softwares

Totally agree,
vBulleting's the best (even though they make you pay quite a big price for their quality, it is worth it) with differente :D

vBulletin was the best during it's 3.X.X versions, especially 3.8.4,etc but after they went with VB4 I switched over to IPB (which is amazing btw), XenForo is also pretty good and much more lightweight.

I think We all know Vbulletin will win this poll. I loved Vbulletin before it became Vbulletin4, we all used it at one point it seemed. I did use Invision for awhile, but then found Vbulletin had a bigger following and much more plugins. Old VB for the win :)

Mybb is still the best free forum software. If your planning to setup a forum use it then 8 months to a yr later when the forum grows you can switch to something else. It is not worth it to $150+ on forum software for a forum that is not even up and running if you do and 6 month later your forum is dead then your a dumb dumb

I voted for XenForo.

Alot of potential with it, and nice to see some alternatives to the pretty much industry standard vBulletin. :)

There are lots of forum boards out there but vBulletin and SimpleMachines look the best to me. I'm waiting for Wordpress to roll out it's forum press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back