• IP.Board

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • VBulletin

Votes: 46 43.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
73 comments
IPB- reason its a well coded core of a forum. Mods are very easy to modify to your likeing and the hook system is easy enough for someone to understand.. You have complete control of your forum..

VB - i hate it. the coding is like a fuking retarded monkey and the mods are coded horrible.. the template system is horrible..

XenForo - its good but its just to new right now.. not much of a forum other then a ipb look alike.. The code is way cleaner then any but not enough support for themes and mods yet

Tbh it all depends what sort of board you want.

Some work well with a certain niche, say, music would be nice with IPB3, warez ( boring ) with vB lulz etc............

I find most just use what most are using which is the wrong idea, they all seem to look the same and do the same, Hence when i do mine, mine is actually different from the normal forum.

Haven't used Xenforo, used vBulletin and IPB, absolutely hated IPB after I swithced from vBulletin and I really did give it a chance. Switched back to vBulletin after about a fortnight. IPB's admin interface is so awful.

vBulletin worshipers remind me of people who still use MySpace. Just one question to those. How much longer before you realize everyone else has moved on?

Well tbh I like xenforo as its new and very promising. Just tired of seeing forums running vb 3x series. And as far as IPB is concerned I personally dont like its look.

Never tried Xenforo though sites using it seems to be cool

Vbulletin - Lot of mods available though the performance is not so good

IPB - There skins are uber cool and i love ipb style

Voted for IP Board

I had a hard choice between ipb and xenforo, I have used all the forum scripts and do like ipb but currently using xenforo for http://scenemarket.org and it suits my needs perfectly with the xentrader mod and the pay to bump/pin mod. So i voted xenforo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back