• no

Votes: 45 61.6%
  • not sure

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse

Now that they've been hacked and your name, address, and credit card details are all over the net. Do you plan on switching to new software?

Looks like HostBill expects a lot more business. They've removed their yearly license and only offer owned branded/unbranded.

I'm sure they'll lose a lot of customers, but once the dust settles in a few months they will be just fine. Probably will step up security too. HostGator will probably look at their policy for sending user details for forgot passwords.

43 comments
I thought they were social engineered, someone got there email and got other info from there to their accounts.They were not hacked with an exploit or injection.

I thought they were social engineered, someone got there email and got other info from there to their accounts.They were not hacked with an exploit or injection.

Yea it was a social engineered hack but the fact still remains they care so little about their customers they didn't secure cc info properly and now everyone credit card info is out in the wild

A company with morals would have made sure that if they got hacked people info like their credit card info would still be safe

Dont use Whmcs but after this i would defiantly move away the hackers have already said they are watching them and they could hack them again

^ Uh.. all the cc details were encrypted according to them. Nothing else they could have done >.<

And to those who are moving away from WHMCS: Will you also be moving away from CPanel since its from the same company? To what? DirectAdmin? :))

^ Uh.. all the cc details were encrypted according to them. Nothing else they could have done >.<

And to those who are moving away from WHMCS: Will you also be moving away from CPanel since its from the same company? To what? DirectAdmin? :))

Yeah, the cc details were encrypted, but the encryption hash was stored in whmcs configuration.php on the same server :facepalm:

Also, Cpanel and WHMCS are not from the same company. Cpanel is a US based company and WHMCS is a UK registered company :|

You're either misinformed or a cPanel fanboy; DirectAdmin is actually a great controlpanel and a far superior alternative to cPanel, given the person has the knowledge to use it. cPanel has just been too hyped for too long.

That said, on topic, WHMCS is pretty stupid to have hosted with HostGator, to begin with. No serious company would send password resets, etc to email addresses. That and yes, the decryption hashes and/or sequences shouldn't have been stored on the same server as the main site.

Will I be moving away? I sure as hell will look for alternatives, yes. WHMCS is not a safe company to trust my personal information with.

WHMCS Admin area is far superior than HostBill's

as for lifetalk's comment on Direct Admin being more powerful and less popular

A Hindi Sayin
"Jo Dikhta hai wohi bikta hai"

English this 1 sucks though
"that which is seen is sold"

Meaning if you show that your best like apple does it is sure u will get sales no matter what.

if this thread is regarding the billing scripts then i would suggest u all to go for boxbilling as its pretty good and it also looks better than whmcs

^^ I guess boxbilling development is quite slow.

Yes it really is very slow to develop. But if you want something done right has to take time to do. I really have tested this system these days, is only missing a small detail in the addon's you can not add option dropdown<select>, and it is complicated.
It is a simple, panel, and good development. Please if anyone knows how to add dropdown <select> in addon's let me know. :))

Last edited:
I thought before to move to HostBill but unfortunately they stopped migrating from WHMCS, if anyone know how to do I'll move soon :)

Ever tried BoxBilling as alternative. It's buggy and slow development, but they try to update their software at least once a month.
I don't think moving from whmcs can be better

Yep. Stayed clear of WHMCS due to the recent breach. Went with Clientexec. Gotta change again though.

Mistakes happens , that doesn't mean to run with it . WHMCS is still best billing system and used by 90% of webhosting providers . They got breached ,but yes if you see then they released patch as well . They face it and done a fix for it as well .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back