Why Uploading is a bad choice to earn money online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome article Rox.

Uploading is a complete waste of time in my opinion. The only viable solution is to actually own a File Hosting company. The owners and investors of these companies are the ones that reap the true rewards. The workers (uploaders) are the ones who have to struggle with daily life, wondering if they will get their next payment or not, uploading day and night, sitting at home to make sure everything is going the way it's supposed to be going. Missing out on life to make some chump change.

Unless you are one of the few rare large uploaders who are generating nearly $1,000/month, there's really no sense in wasting your time.

This scene was built around sharing for free, and not all of this monetary shit.

Anyone who says that they do this because they don't have a choice or because they don't have a skill isn't kidding me or anyone else, your just kidding yourself. Uploading simply isn't a viable enough option nor an excuse to forget about learning new skills or working a real job. It just doesn't make any dang sense to me with what's going on in 2013. People don't want to upload for free, they'd rather upload and make $5 :|.

Thanks for the topic Rox.

P.S. Sniffdog, relax bro :P.

Last edited:
What we have to realize is that uploading enables a lot of people to earn a little money. For Americans, Europeans ... $5 isn't maybe a lot but for a lot of other nationalities it's a good opportunity. Where I live $5 is food for 4 people.

I thought it was Rox who needs to relax, not me.:wacko:

If you understand addictions somewhat, and have your own website plus diversify(for the previews use 10 image hosts or more not 1), you can make good money being an uploader if you get a good reliable host. Eventually you can start your own private filehost to increase your earnings greatly.

You have to find ways to automate things+days to actually work. Like if you have your own website set 1 day a week to setup several hundred posts and then automate them. And then another day of the week to reupload downed images. If you have a good internet connection 2 days a week is all you really need to work with uploading.

Last edited:
Everyone talk about real life working and all of stuff make money just from online, ,, it's waste of time bro, you don't understand" why it's waste of time? you just select movie for uploading and you go to play a football, sleep,etc. After uploading you just copy the link/embed code and put on your site, and you can make some $$$ for doing nothing without hard work with just 1 hour of work per day. And if you have much visitors per day you can earn like a designer.I will open soon a movie hosted on my own servers, after the site will grow i will make a thread and i will put the earnings per day and the time worked per day. If i will make more than you Rox, will you make me ,, Respected member" on wjunction?

I agree with you. Uploading is very very 'hard work'. But thanks for this job i can earn more money. In 16 years-old i can buy everything that i want. But now i move new method. Miss the old days and thank your nice article :)

Everyone talk about real life working and all of stuff make money just from online, ,, it's waste of time bro, you don't understand" why it's waste of time? you just select movie for uploading and you go to play a football, sleep,etc. After uploading you just copy the link/embed code and put on your site, and you can make some $$$ for doing nothing without hard work with just 1 hour of work per day. And if you have much visitors per day you can earn like a designer.I will open soon a movie hosted on my own servers, after the site will grow i will make a thread and i will put the earnings per day and the time worked per day. If i will make more than you Rox, will you make me ,, Respected member" on wjunction?

I dont earn much on the internet, you are most probably earning more than me already.

You sir, are completely misunderstanding the WHOLE point of this thread. It is not about "who earns more money", it is about "how you earn it". Uploading is definitely NOT the way to earn money.
Your statement is completely childish. Grow up. Challenge us in a different way. Challenge people over here, to make money using LEGIT methods, and not illegal methods.

People make thousands and millions out of illegal methods, that doesn't mean that you should follow the same. There are people who make millions out of legit methods, follow them. That's more important.
Take inspiration from real life stories. Understand the point of life.
Trust me, making money out of your skills and talents, brings you loads of happiness and satisfaction.

Uploading is not a skill, it is "Stealing", which is NOT the right way to earn money. If you still persist in making money out of this crap, then none of these are going to save you.

Last edited:
What annoys me is when people say "uploading" is a "job".

I understand that it can be a lot of money, if you live in a country where your currency has a low value comapred to the US$/GB£/EU€. But really, it's not a job. If you really want to earn money, you would put your time into educating yourself in either of the disciplines which Rox has identified in his original post and doing something which actually constitutes "work". You would earn more, gain intelligence, make connections and be a better person. It may not necessarily be illegal in your country since you're not bound by the copyrights and laws of the countries which the files/videos/music/whatever you are uploading but it's ill-founded that you're making money through something which you have gotten for free and what you are publishing freely. Torrenting however, it a much better model of file sharing where within the sharing there is no money involved which is the way it should be.

I'm not against anyone who doesn't have the same views, but you're obviously uneducated on how the world works and the difference between what is right and wrong. Anyone who thinks/says otherwise, you are wrong.

What annoys me more is when people talk about their "uploading career" - just kill yourselves.

You do realize you're just begging to get arrested?

Linking might be legal in your country or w.e but uploading copyrighted content on your own host and allow people to download?

People are lazy, uploading is so easy even a retarded person can do it. Aren't you capable of doing something more productive, legal? Designing, Programming, SEO Services, CPA etc. there are so many ways to earn (more) money.

True, it's most important not how much you earn and how you earn... But surely you have enough money, and when you have money you say,, make money legally" , in my contry it's very sucks, here are people at 30 years and they didn't work never, why? you can't find where to work. The strangers from other countrie came here 20 years ago and bought all industries and distroyed in pieces to make our people to import from other countries... The country it's Romania, maybe you heard something about ,, gipsy,co*k suc*ers, uglys,stupids,etc. " . Please don't talk if you don't know our situation, it's hard and we mus to do something to buy a bread, we pay a lot of imposits and you don't get any help from leaders, they don't care if you die or not. And the uploading isn't so illegaly like you say. I don't want to be against you or continue this discution,i don't want to challenge you and i don't need ban. I am sorry for continuing this discussion,i just wanted to explain my situation.And all of you do you have my respect for your fair and good heart,i am good and fair too but i don't have other ways to earn...:(

1.Romania has been an EU nation for the past 8 years, if you can't find work in Romania you can apply to jobs in any of the other 26 EU nations.
2. 20 years is a long time to fix and correct alot of things for a small nation like Romania, even if the bs you said about "strangers coming in and taking over the industries" was true, its more than enough time for businessmen like Gigi to easily grow the economy.
3. Why you need help from the government in life? Where is your ambition to do things on your own?

@blkhtr007
I saw you don't understand... You see the things so easy... Our liders promise to us just dreams and they steal and steal and steal, a old man has 120$ per month money. And in other countries 1000$. It's fair? And the minimum salary is 200$ and medium salary is 200$.... How you can live with these money? A bread is 2$, the costs with electricity: about 50-60$. How to live man? How?

1.Romania has been an EU nation for the past 8 years, if you can't find work in Romania you can apply to jobs in any of the other 26 EU nations.
2. 20 years is a long time to fix and correct alot of things for a small nation like Romania, even if the bs you said about "strangers coming in and taking over the industries" was true, its more than enough time for businessmen like Gigi to easily grow the economy.
3. Why you need help from the government in life? Where is your ambition to do things on your own?

I don't want to join any discussion but in most EU countries you won't get a job as a romanian that easy as there is no EU language. Also most of the countries near romania haven't got enough jobs too. I'm from germany and if I see any romanian that got a job here it's a fucking hard job wich generates a low income, illegal employment of course as romanians that didn't study arent allowed to work in germany. Also there are people that have families and it is not that easy to move to a foreign country where they speak a different language with your whole family. But of course you can still try to make money online without uploading, however, I'm an uploader too and I'm from germany where nobody has to suffer. Everybody has his reasons.

I agree with you. Uploading is very very 'hard work'. But thanks for this job i can earn more money. In 16 years-old i can buy everything that i want. But now i move new method. Miss the old days and thank your nice article :)

We know like 65% to 75% of uploaders uploading for $$$ are under 20 just more proof. In a lot of countries 16 is old enough to get a real job

If I didn't upload shit back in my day, I would not have learned what ever I know now. Personal point of view.

Will I do it for a living? No, got much better options.

I started with uploading files to Rapidshare, and not on those ones like Fileserve and Hotfile. Later I moved to opening a site of my own where I learned about wordpress. I learned about forums, and about SEO and what not. When I went to that point, I stopped uploading and went on to increase my horizon.

You should always keep your head up high and open to learning more things, instead of wasting hours every day doing the same thing, then you are limiting your abilities and at one point it will get mundane.

Don't call it a "job". It is not a job, it is like you are selling weed under the table, in this case through VPNs and what not. You are doing something illegal, even if it is putting some $ in your pocket, it is not legal and thats it. Period.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back