Why Uploading is a bad choice to earn money online

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if I spend one hour a day uploading and making enough money to live and earning more money than people working 8-10 hours a day (at least in my country)? Should I drop it?

Anyway, I agree with the first post in this thread. Even though some people are able to make some good money by uploading, there are tons of people who actually don't, spending more time than they should just to earn a few bucks.

As for me - without uploading I wouldn't be able to earn some extra cash so I can invest them into various projects, spend them to learn a lot of things and live without my parents' money.

True, it's most important not how much you earn and how you earn... But surely you have enough money, and when you have money you say,, make money legally" , in my contry it's very sucks, here are people at 30 years and they didn't work never, why? you can't find where to work. The strangers from other countrie came here 20 years ago and bought all industries and distroyed in pieces to make our people to import from other countries... The country it's Romania, maybe you heard something about ,, gipsy,co*k suc*ers, uglys,stupids,etc. " . Please don't talk if you don't know our situation, it's hard and we mus to do something to buy a bread, we pay a lot of imposits and you don't get any help from leaders, they don't care if you die or not. And the uploading isn't so illegaly like you say. I don't want to be against you or continue this discution,i don't want to challenge you and i don't need ban. I am sorry for continuing this discussion,i just wanted to explain my situation.And all of you do you have my respect for your fair and good heart,i am good and fair too but i don't have other ways to earn...:(

We don't ban for pity reasons. If you are referring to sniffdog's ban - he has other problems and hence banned. We appreciate you taking active part in this thread.

You explained your situation, when you can upload why can't you do something else on the internet? This thread is not to tell you that making money online is not for you guys. It is to tell you people - THERE ARE BETTER ALTERNATIVES to earn money online.

Uploading is to make a fast buck but not a long term solution to your financial problem. We have seen drastic changes in this industry in the past few years. It was good money. I bought a seaside apartment (1300 sqf, the price has been more than double now) and made my down payment for a SOHO studio in a new posh area all with money earn from uploading. However, I can surely tell you that there's no way you can repeat my feat in current situation. To make my kind of money, you need to learn how to build sites and grow them, same like you operate any legal sites. sBorging, rapidleeching, RDPing, spamming thousands of sites everyday is not the way. Once you acquire the skill of building, managing, nourishing websites, it's time for you to look into making money the legit, long term way.

I thank Rox for opening this thread and explore a way for fellow Wjunckies to divert themselves from uploading. Uploading is not a sustainable income model.

If you have your own website you can still make good money but the more important thing is branding the site and offering something unique. Its probably somewhat easier now since the imgshot script has been released(meaning way more imagehosts). Forums you can only use 7 paying ones at the most, and many only allow 2 or 3. Whereas on your own website you could probably use around 30 imagehosts.

@blkhtr007
I saw you don't understand... You see the things so easy... Our liders promise to us just dreams and they steal and steal and steal, a old man has 120$ per month money. And in other countries 1000$. It's fair? And the minimum salary is 200$ and medium salary is 200$.... How you can live with these money? A bread is 2$, the costs with electricity: about 50-60$. How to live man? How?

stop with the elephantshit
medium salary in romania is around 450$ , in bucharest it goes over 600$
a bread is around 0.33 cents
cost of electricity is around 10$

an entry point tester for ea/bitdefender earns from 400$/month close to 700$ with two years experience.
My monthly wage is 8000 ron , close to 2000 euros (well , 12 years exp )

So stop with the lies.
sau "lasa vrajeala"

True, it's most important not how much you earn and how you earn... But surely you have enough money, and when you have money you say,, make money legally" , in my contry it's very sucks, here are people at 30 years and they didn't work never, why? you can't find where to work. The strangers from other countrie came here 20 years ago and bought all industries and distroyed in pieces to make our people to import from other countries... The country it's Romania, maybe you heard something about ,, gipsy,co*k suc*ers, uglys,stupids,etc. " . Please don't talk if you don't know our situation, it's hard and we mus to do something to buy a bread, we pay a lot of imposits and you don't get any help from leaders, they don't care if you die or not. And the uploading isn't so illegaly like you say. I don't want to be against you or continue this discution,i don't want to challenge you and i don't need ban. I am sorry for continuing this discussion,i just wanted to explain my situation.And all of you do you have my respect for your fair and good heart,i am good and fair too but i don't have other ways to earn...:(

That doesn't mean you don't have a choice.

Okay, let's say you don't have the money and you earn it only by Uploading. So be it, get it automated, while it's earning you money enough to survive explore other legal options.

Is it going to be easy? No. That's life and life isn't easy.

See what you've got passion for. Download Photoshop, start designing, it doesn't make time pass quickly and you're not interested in creating nice masterpieces? Drop it.

Explore programming languages, see basic examples, start learning, see which jobs are available on ODesk.

Or maybe, marketing? PPV, CPA? There are ton of articles on it (avoid WarriorForum) and it's also an amazing journey.

All those things I've wrote above will take TIME to LEARN. That's the only downside, upside is that in the end, when you find what is working for you and you love doing it will make your life better. You will earn money doing legal, productive work and most likely you will have a career tomorrow.

Uploading might be fun now but you do see how situation has changed drastically over the past 2 years? Do you really think that you will be able to earn (any) money by uploading in 2-5-7 years? I can place a bet with you for $500 that it's either going to be not worth it or there won't be any money in it.

I'm giving you a genue advice here, take it or leave it but if you decide to stay where you are now be prepared for it when shit hits the fan.

I'm confused. You're trying to teach members a better way to earn money online, but a vast majority of the topics on WJ are warez related.

@To0, owning a filehost? LOL. Yes, everyone has the prowress to operate a filehost. Also, people don't want the risk involved in running their own filehost. It's putting a target on your back and it's needless. The market is already overly saturated with filehosts, and that userbase fragmentation is what is causing the main problem with the warez scene. People won't buy premium accounts to every site under the sun, especially if there are debrid sites out there. The warez scene has hurt itself by being greedy. Every scene goes this route eventually. Users want more, and more, and decide to go it alone, thus creating fragmentation. Let every uploader create their own filehost, and see how things work out. No one will make any money.

For some uploaders, they do make more than they could doing other work. Some are making a substantial amount of money, and the OP is trying to deter them. While some of your points are valid, to assume that someone can make more money by learning how to manipulate images in Photoshop is silly. Uploading copyrighted files can be a lucrative venture, even today in this horrendous file host ecosystem.

There is a solution for the filehost problem -- Stop using the shitty ones. If you think a host is cheating you, don't use them. Eventually, every host will understand that the only way to make money is to play by the books, and they'll make more money by doing so because all users will blindly trust them. wJunction encourages the rapid growth of new, fly by night filehosts.

Any uploader who repeatedly cries about cheating deserves to be swindled. If someone cheats me, I'm never going to trust their system again. It's a choice you have to make, and if you can't make it, that's your problem.

You wont get a target on your back for running a filehost, it depends on how you run it. If you follow DMCA requests and don't brag about copyright infringement in emails then you will be fine. Kim dotcom messed up by bragging about the content on his website, he should have just stayed quiet on it.

Possessing or transporting drugs is actually not illegal, it only becomes illegal when you knowingly possesses the drugs or transport them. If you ran a company like fedex and in internal company emails brag about the money made by drug dealers using your service you will end up in jail and fined heavily along with the company. But if you stay quiet on the issue and dont attempt to find out what is being shipped then you can't get in trouble with the law.

There's a reason why Apple,Amazon,Google and Microsoft do not get fined or see court over their cloud storage services, and that's because they follow dmca and don't attempt to find out if there is copyright infringement files.

Last edited:
I'm confused. You're trying to teach members a better way to earn money online, but a vast majority of the topics on WJ are warez related.

@To0, owning a filehost? LOL. Yes, everyone has the prowress to operate a filehost. Also, people don't want the risk involved in running their own filehost. It's putting a target on your back and it's needless. The market is already overly saturated with filehosts, and that userbase fragmentation is what is causing the main problem with the warez scene. People won't buy premium accounts to every site under the sun, especially if there are debrid sites out there. The warez scene has hurt itself by being greedy. Every scene goes this route eventually. Users want more, and more, and decide to go it alone, thus creating fragmentation. Let every uploader create their own filehost, and see how things work out. No one will make any money.

For some uploaders, they do make more than they could doing other work. Some are making a substantial amount of money, and the OP is trying to deter them. While some of your points are valid, to assume that someone can make more money by learning how to manipulate images in Photoshop is silly. Uploading copyrighted files can be a lucrative venture, even today in this horrendous file host ecosystem.

There is a solution for the filehost problem -- Stop using the shitty ones. If you think a host is cheating you, don't use them. Eventually, every host will understand that the only way to make money is to play by the books, and they'll make more money by doing so because all users will blindly trust them. wJunction encourages the rapid growth of new, fly by night filehosts.

Any uploader who repeatedly cries about cheating deserves to be swindled. If someone cheats me, I'm never going to trust their system again. It's a choice you have to make, and if you can't make it, that's your problem.

You have IQ of like 50?

Of course he can't make thousands as beginner but as you progress and get better you can charge up to $500 or more per web design, $100+ for logo design etc. Eventually you can either end up making a lot on your own as freelancer or simply get a job as designer in a company.

if the file hosts are so honest with uploaders then uploading is the best way to earn online
the file hosts need to know the pain of the uploaders while uploading and posting in hundreads of sites
if you see in our daily life a labour like a plumber or electrician or any other non professional guys are so sure that they will earn sufficient moeny to survive themselves but who are dedicated to this filehosts and uploading for years or months are not so satisfied about they earning
some file hosts rapidgator they thinks we are the kingmakers of this file hosts industry even if we shaves uploaders too they will work for us like a slave
this hosts never takes feed back from uploaders at least they will not give any support in formus as well as they never respond to the mails if responds most of them are bots messages
they never says about there problems also

Last edited:
There is no proof that a host is shaving uploaders, just people that do not understand the basic concept that people are not really willing to pay for content they can get for free. And that when there are hundreds of other people on the same board using the same image host or file host they will get less unique views or sales.

If you are not able to automate or invest in a dedicated server after several years in the upload business than you really should be doing something else.

The designers from wjunction for who working? They are hired by movie owners,music,etc. (warez)

Are designers on WJ only designers in the world? Do you even know how much top designers earn per website design, logo or icon?

I personally had a guy who has done design for me before, he charged $500 for an app icon. Guess what? He's not here because why would he want to target people who are earning "money" by uploading warez? He know you are all cheap and of course he's targeting different clientele.

I give up, you live in different world in your head. You can't even read between the lines or understand a point behind it.

Stick to uploading warez.

The designers from wjunction for who working? They are hired by movie owners,music,etc. (warez)

Are designers on WJ only designers in the world? Do you even know how much top designers earn per website design, logo or icon?

I personally had a guy who has done design for me before, he charged $500 for an app icon. Guess what? He's not here because why would he want to target people who are earning "money" by uploading warez? He know you are all cheap and of course he's targeting different clientele.

I give up, you live in different world in your head. You can't even read between the lines or understand a point behind it.

Stick to uploading warez.

The vast majority of uploaders on here are children without any skills nor the maturity to realize that they lack skills. It doesn't matter where in the world you are living, if you already have internet access you can easily learn a computer related skill to make money online.

simple answer
its unstable
I guess, no one want to do a job where no Future exist
btw,earning through internet is always unstable

simple answer
its unstable
I guess, no one want to do a job where no Future exist
btw,earning through internet is always unstable

What is stable? Factories could close, your company could go bankrupt.

You haven't explored internet enough. There are thousands of ways to earn money. People don't want to explore their views, learn, spend shitload of hours learning some more and get better at what they do.

Instead they try a bit of everything and end up having nothing.

There are designers who earn 4 figure easily per month, there are internet marketers who earn 5 figure per month. You're trying to tell me that $1000 per month is enough from uploading warez and doing illegal things? It's all pennies compared to what you can really earn by running a legit business etc.

And don't give me that bullshit story about sharing and caring! Sharing and caring was up there, on the pedestal before all these shitty paying filehosts arrived. It all went downhill and you're all in it because of 1 simple fact: money.

Hell if it was huge income I'd understand but doing all this for pennies? It's sad.

Rox is trying to help you guys out, just like I am but the more I try to help to more I realize how delusional you people are.

Enough of my own opinion for this thread, it's starting to be a waste of time.

There is a huge market for warez market, so don't blame uploaders. Who would even use computers if there weren't free mp3s, music, movies, not to mention software... Warez is here to stay, maybe the file hosts will cease to exist, but something new will emerge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back