Mr.leg

hello dear
what happen to Bolt.cd forum any one know
i dont find any of staff of this forum
any Wjunction user use Bolt forum
any update from your site when it will be fixed
please reply if any bolt poster here

214 comments
bolt is not coming back....and for those who say that they heard from meepz and this mod and that mod...show us......

This is exactly what's wrong - the blunt assertion that the site is down and it's down for good.
Sites undergo issues.
Period.
Shit happens.
It can take time to get things up and running again.

The whole anti-meepz attitude you can stuff it up your butt.

And pay attention: it's the unpaid volunteers who admin who keep the site flowing not meepz himself.
He seems to limit his presence to putting out a call for cash every once in awhile and per a previous post, that cash is going to Bit Bolt which seems to be his pet project.

It's been going on for months and it's still only available to a few select people.
Get rid of it and redirect the funds to keeping the servers paid and operating.

For the person who asked, any number of us in this thread are active in Bolt.
I did donate in the past a few times then thought... I'm always putting up material, lots of it fresh and not available anywhere else in the net, and I'm donating?
I stopped.
It's people like me who put up material who get people to return to the site and attract new people to the site so why should I donate.

And donations, btw, are voluntary.
Lots of sites can ask for support like this. That's not an issue for me.

What does get to me is the blunt lack of response from anyone directly involved in the site who has hard information on what's going on and what a possible time frame could be for the site to be running again.

The 'Bolt' Facebook page is not official. There are no official external sources where users like us can go to for information for when/if the site goes down.

Which is why there's nothing but speculation going on.

But this attitude in this thread, other threads on this site, and in that unofficial FB page that Bolt is DOA and not returning...

Knock it off.

If the site was gone for good then you wouldn't be able to load the main page at all. That loads. It's once you click Enter that nothing works.

If meepz wants to redirect funding towards his pet project, then so be it, it's his site, he owns it, he takes whatever consequences may come along.

For now there are other places we can all go to for either material, or to post.
Be patient.

For now there's no reason to think Bolt won't return.

But... ffs if someone who has actual hard information on the site is reading any of this, then speak up.

Meepz - it's unconscionable that so many of us who put our time and expenses into putting up material and keeping the site viable are fully locked out from knowing anything when the site is down.

It's the fact that the front page of Bolt is still there that makes me think it will be up again sooner or later. To answer another poster, my username is the same one I use on Bolt, except there's a 't' on the end (this site has a character limit for usernames) and I am an Elder, but that doesn't mean I know what's going on.

Cl0ne I can understand your frustration about the lack of information. I have never been sure of the division of labour to keep Bolt up and running. I had hoped to find someone on a board like this one who can explain what's going on. Just have to be patient I guess.

Like most sites there is good and bad about Bolt. I have been a user and supporter, both financially and with posted material, for a number of years. I have had a few problems there, I lost a considerable number of TV shows i.e. a whole 'Tube Collection' after the last major crash. I also discovered a problem whereby a Private Special Interest Group I was running turned out not be as Private as it was supposed to be. The Groups were subsequently removed for security reasons. My biggest complaint about the site is/was always the fact that people can effectively copy and paste a previous post, and claim it as 'new' and by so doing increase their post count and member status. In some cases that meant you could have 30 or more people posting the same copied original files.

Hey andywiz and all you other Bolters!

I agree with you 100%, about all those issues, I brought them up too, and never got any answer.

Back when I joined ~2007/2008, I posted some popular threads and during one of the many "crashes" since then I lost a lot of stuff and just pretty much stopped posting. I have no problem with donating, but the thing that really gets on my nerves is the lack of communication. How hard is it to put up some kind of message on the splash page (which is still there ATM), and let people know whats going on. Even the Admins, Elders, VIPs etc., aren't kept informed (is/was an Elder).

For those that are interested, you can still go to the waybackmachine at archive.org and pull up the site and follow links at that point in time. The pseudo link below isn't complete since I can't post links.

Code:
web.archive.org/web/20151010012703/....//bolt.cd/board/

andywiz, did you check there to see if your private discussions were archived? I've had them remove stuff, not sure how it works with forum posts.

I enjoyed the site and gave back whenever I could. Like I said if I had the funds I generally tried to give something back. Bolt was free for everyone, and yes you had to reach a certain number of posts, but this was my go to place for books mostly. Its just disheartening that the site may be gone...along with years of work too. Just hope it does come back. We all just have to be patient and wait.

when i joined here i used the same name i have been using on bolt for years for 2 reasons
#1 in the hope that it woulld be regognized by an also onece upon a time bolt member..#2 to show that i am genuine and that i have nothing to hide.
are you guys who say you were bolt members using the same bolt name too ( coz i dont recognize any of ya) or have ya all changed y're name.
it seems that i gotta go to the hospital now coz i am overcome with the sugary sweet posts i am reading about wonderful on the ball meepz and his ever so member loving mods....when the truth is sooooo very very different ...and ya'll know it.....bolt is not coming back....and for those who say that they heard from meepz and this mod and that mod...show us......

Yes my name is the same on here as on bolt as is on various other sites. Last time I checked I had been a member since 2011 and have been posted many things...mostly books in the novel section.

Last edited:
bolt

I run my own by invitation only site, primarily foreign subtitled television. A number of people when invited to join offered to donate towards costs, but I always declined the offers. The purpose of the site is to share stuff I like with like-minded souls who had followed posts I made on other sites, not to make money. Everything posted is my own purchase, rip, or capture and translated by my working partner. To avoid even the suggestion that we were out to make money from what we did we made sure we had no 'affiliate' memberships, no referrals, and no ads on the hosts we used for posting and everything posted is accessible by free users on those sites. Some may not be fortunate enough to be able to afford to do that, but it has always been my way of doing things.

from the bolt.cd facebook page
"Breaking news on BOLT.... Posted today on another system..... This is a copy and paste from a thread about BOLT.
A friend who is also on Bolt.CD has received a message from Meepze(Bolt.cd MOD), they are apparently working on the issue and are hoping to have it back up, if possible, as soon as possible. I personaly wish them every success, nice forum, populated by nice people in general, something i am also detecting ..

Last edited:
i have been reading what i think is undeserved praise of this meepz dood.i was a member of bolt since -08 or thereabouts....and there was a great deal of resentment 'tween members and mods....including meepz.
then last year for the 1st time i recieved a message from this meepz asking for a substantial donation....i gave it much consideration b/4 deciding to donate...weeks went by and no recognition was forthcomming from him or any other mod....so i flooded them with messages regarding thei promise and what reasons they have for ignoring me...i got a response saying that meepz has no recollection of any correspondence with me...so i sent them copies of his original message/my reply/my letters to and from paypal regarding the issue etc...finally i got a letter all apologetic , and correcting everything...then 4weeks or so ago i got another letter asking for another donation....thats when it hit me....the bright light flashing in my brain was telling me that meepz and crew were about to close shop and run....taking as much from the members as they possibly could....and they did....this didnt just suddenly happen with them....the reason it cant/wont be fixed is that you may well be able to repair databases and all the other tecky stuff....but ya cant repair the duuds that run the system.
i hope they rot in hell.

Time to eat crow methinks.

Threads merged we don't need a zillion topics about the same site

Yes I'm glad their back as well but considering the time they were down I'm disappointed that admins could not be bothered to post an announcement somewhere of what was happening & I told them as much in my original reply along with a glad your back at bolt only to have it deleted. It shows bad form on behalf of bolt management in my books that they can't accept a little bit of flack & decide it's easier to delete rather than address the issue. I class staff like that as plastic people.

Anyway good luck to bolt

Yes I'm glad their back as well but considering the time they were down I'm disappointed that admins could not be bothered to post an announcement somewhere of what was happening & I told them as much in my original reply along with a glad your back at bolt only to have it deleted. It shows bad form on behalf of bolt management in my books that they can't accept a little bit of flack & decide it's easier to delete rather than address the issue. I class staff like that as plastic people.

Anyway good luck to bolt

I can't disagree with you but I'm glad to see them back. Thanks for all your input over the time they were down, Oldone :)

Bolt Admin don't know what the problem was because nobody has heard from meepz yet. The Search function isn't working yet and Admin are now trying to get back up to speed. Obviously everyone is just glad the site is up again. Membership is closed at the moment.

Bolt Admin don't know what the problem was because nobody has heard from meepz yet. The Search function isn't working yet and Admin are now trying to get back up to speed. Obviously everyone is just glad the site is up again. Membership is closed at the moment.
As you say, Search isn't working and apparently even mods don't know what happened. Still, part way there is better than nothing :)

Anyway good luck to bolt

Yes, low class they can't be bothered to put up an announcement. Shabby they deleted your post. Currently I see this by an admin:

Today, 04:21 PM
To be honest, we still don't know why the site went down or why it's back up. We won't until meepz lets us know.
As to the search problems we're having, they can't be addressed until we hear from him.
I'm so sorry we can't do more, but as staff, our talents and permissions are limited.​

So this revolves around meepz's control of what appears to be everything, including his refusal to provide admin relevant information on why the site was down just over two weeks.

So effectively admin are dealing with pm's from people wanting to know what happened, not being able to give any sort of information, and meepz, as usual, is nowhere to be found.

Considering, in my opinion, this is only 1 of 3 viable sites for ebooks, there's not much to be done.
Mobilism has a large set of rules and regulations concerning ebooks and a host of nasty admins, so there's little point being there.
WBB's main ebook section gets flooded and finding anything is impossible. Its Fiction Ebook Zone has perhaps 10 people posting to it, with little of the material not already everywhere else. Their search function for ebooks is as bad as it gets, so there's no point being there.
If there was at least 1 other site that was large enough to sustain heavy traffic, I'd go there.

End of story: Bolt is up, a few features aren't working (the number of views per thread, search is down, no registration permitted for the moment).

And meepz is hiding like always. In the 15 days the site was down, it seems he didn't condescend to even inform his own staff what was going on.

Shabby.

edit
I see this as well:

(admin) "If you're reading this, you already know Bolt is back on-line. We find we are having issues with some plug-ins, such as our search, so bear with us. We still have not heard from meepz, so we are not sure exactly what caused the problem. When we hear, we'll pass the info along. Thanks to everyone for their patience and welcome back. For those that suspected the worst and actually posted elsewhere about how "crooked" the staff here is...well, just know we were in the same position as you, puzzled and perplexed. Please, next time we find ourselves stranded in the same boat, don't put us on your "first to be eaten" list. "

Last edited:

Anyway good luck to bolt

Yes, low class they can't be bothered to put up an announcement. Shabby they deleted your post. Currently I see this by an admin:

Today, 04:21 PM
To be honest, we still don't know why the site went down or why it's back up. We won't until meepz lets us know.
As to the search problems we're having, they can't be addressed until we hear from him.
I'm so sorry we can't do more, but as staff, our talents and permissions are limited.​

So this revolves around meepz's control of what appears to be everything, including his refusal to provide admin relevant information on why the site was down just over two weeks.

So effectively admin are dealing with pm's from people wanting to know what happened, not being able to give any sort of information, and meepz, as usual, is nowhere to be found.

Considering, in my opinion, this is only 1 of 3 viable sites for ebooks, there's not much to be done.
Mobilism has a large set of rules and regulations concerning ebooks and a host of nasty admins, so there's little point being there.
WBB's main ebook section gets flooded and finding anything is impossible. Its Fiction Ebook Zone has perhaps 10 people posting to it, with little of the material not already everywhere else. Their search function for ebooks is as bad as it gets, so there's no point being there.
If there was at least 1 other site that was large enough to sustain heavy traffic, I'd go there.

End of story: Bolt is up, a few features aren't working (the number of views per thread, search is down, no registration permitted for the moment).

And meepz is hiding like always. In the 15 days the site was down, it seems he didn't condescend to even inform his own staff what was going on.

Shabby.

You have no idea what is going on with meepz, so why are you so quick to judge? You appear to be more aggrieved than the Admin who have posted about the situation. You call the situation shabby from the sidelines. I and many others prefer to give meepz the benefit of the doubt, at least until we find out the facts - if we ever do. Either way, then we can each choose whether or not to continue using a free site. Personally I wouldn't want a member like you on my site.

No one has any idea what's going on with meepz which is effectively the root of the problem.
He has no presence on the site except to send out periodical requests for donations.
He can't be bothered to even inform the admins who run the site what is going on.

It's his site, he can do what he wants, but it doesn't change nor alter how shabby all of this has been.
The blunt lack of information to anyone is disturbing.

"at least until we find out the facts - if we ever do"
Bingo.

Since I'm not a member of any site you own, it's a silly statement.

I've been involved with ebooks for a decade. I've posted on sites now long defunct. I've left sites which had marginal to no help for people who posted on their sites. I've been on sites which had enormously popular followings, only to go in one day and find out they've changed the rules and ebooks threads were removed - but at least they had the decency to say why (masalaboards being an example). I was in FEZ when it was the single best thread around, and left when admin decided to turn it into a request thread - for anyone who remembers the original FEZ, it was freaking fantastic. Now it's ten people putting up material which is already everywhere else.

I had thousands of posts up in the 'noid before it burned, though I had left long before then. I was in a private torrent ebook site and when I encountered uTorrent issues, no one on that site condescended to help, so I left. I think I still have 2200 posts up in there, populated by other people since I long ago stopped torrenting.

Meepz can do or not do pretty much anything he wants, it doesn't change the disregard he has for the staff who runs his site nor the posters who help popularize the site.

Per my first post in this thread, I'm not anti-meepz, despite this post and the previous one. It's his site. He can do whatever he wants. I simply strongly disagree with his blunt refusal to let anyone know what went wrong. That information doesn't have to be publicly disseminated, it can be held within limits to only admin/staff, but he can't even do that.

Pretty much all sites have ways and means of informing people when things go wrong and the site is no longer accessible.

Except Bolt.

I happen to really like Mobilism. Their rules may be stringent and a couple of their Mods can be quite controlling but overall they have always helped when I asked for clarification or anything else. Their volunteers are fantastic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back