Sites similar/like Bolt.cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 comments
Isn't bolt.cd a warez forum? Can you explain to me why it was so special? Isn't warez-bb, tehparadox the same thing?

Isn't bolt.cd a warez forum? Can you explain to me why it was so special? Isn't warez-bb, tehparadox the same thing?

Bolt was an incredibly well organized forum and very user friendly (although it did require a little more effort on the part of uploaders).

For example there were at least 5 or 6 different sections for English movies alone, arranged dependent upon the quality of the source material and also the size/resolution. Then within each section, all posts for a particular title were kept within the one thread. With TV shows, keeping track of your current favorites was as simple as subscribing to a single thread per show and checking your subscribed thread page for any new posts.

Tehparadox's and Warez-bb's Movie and TV sections are like link soup compared to what Bolt offered.

The community/ non-resource sections were likewise very well organized, easily navigated and well used.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate warez-bb and tehparadox, but there will be more than a few (including me) who are especially missing Bolt.

Bolt was an incredibly well organized forum and very user friendly (although it did require a little more effort on the part of uploaders).

For example there were at least 5 or 6 different sections for English movies alone, arranged dependent upon the quality of the source material and also the size/resolution. Then within each section, all posts for a particular title were kept within the one thread. With TV shows, keeping track of your current favorites was as simple as subscribing to a single thread per show and checking your subscribed thread page for any new posts.

Tehparadox's and Warez-bb's Movie and TV sections are like link soup compared to what Bolt offered.

The community/ non-resource sections were likewise very well organized, easily navigated and well used.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate warez-bb and tehparadox, but there will be more than a few (including me) who are especially missing Bolt.

* Quite a few Bolt refuges are presently heading across to silentground.org.

Apparently it has opened it's doors to new registrations for a limited time (perhaps 2 weeks or so).

Last edited:
Bolt was easily the best for finding books and audiobooks. I have yet to find another site with such a clean and easy to use sub-forum listing. But hopefully will. :(

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Breaking news on BOLT.... Posted today on another system..... This is a copy and paste from a thread about BOLT.[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]A friend who is also on Bolt.CD has received a message from Meepze (Bolt.cd MOD), they are apparently working on the issue and are hoping to have it back up, if possible, as soon as possible. I personaly wish them every success, nice forum, populated by nice people in general, something i am also detecting with regards to this forum. [/FONT][FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]I know what you mean about the Spammers/lamers who seemed to creep onto the site, i think with regards to the other Bolt site, this was a plan put in place a while back due to other issues, i think if i remember rightly that it was widely discused on Bolt.cd as being there as a backup for just such an event, i think someones crystal ball was fully charged and functional when they had that idea. Hope this helps !

---- Back to my post ----

I've been hunting the net on all systems looking for any scrap of information and I have come across a few pieces here and there that tell a story, but today was the first actual but of information that come from a member of BOLT that knows Meepz. The best bit of news is that it's an issue of software/hardware/connection and not that individuals have restricted Meepz from his ability to be free. So, (at least I will) sit tight, twiddle the thumbs, surf for a while and then when the world is right again, support BOLT and move on with life.
[/FONT]

warez-bb is the closest, tehparadox is good but has confusing layout. but some uploaders only posted on bolt (or some other site that closed or is down) many of those uploaders have hard to find items such as audiobooks or non-English tv,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back