Status
Not open for further replies.
I know very well about the history of baud bandwidth, thank you. + all the other HDD size blah blah blah...

The reason I suggest using Bytes is because it's much easier to immediately see just how fast it really is, not having to /8 in the head in order to see the speed. All downloading applications display the download speed in BYTES and not bits.

But I see that you already have your own opinion about this, and it looks like nothing is gonna change your mind, so whatever...

The reason I suggest to just dump the PPD table as text in 1 single cell is for simplicity. Otherwise it'll take ages to input all that data, and in the end it's pretty much waste of time, because the PDD data as text is more than enough for people.

Jeez man, measuring how much the capped speed from an RDP is much better than for example measuring from home DSL.

It looks like your mind is very fixed on a lot of things, so good luck with your project.

It won't take long to input the data as I can present a series of checkboxes on the form page. I could also probably have them copy/paste the countries in like you mention and then simply have the webserver parse the text for the country names and place them into their own granular fields.

With a home DSL you have a control variable in that you know how much bandwidth is being consumed by other processes and you can judge far more accurately.

If you look @ the free user downloader's speed throttles that I've compiled so far none of them even break the 1Mbps barrier, and the average US internet speed is 4Mbps down/ and I'm sure its EXTREMELY rare to have DSL these days thats in the sub-1Mbps range.

I guess if you lived several miles away from the DSLAM/VSLAM and had some signal degradation issues along the way that it'd be possible, but I personally have both of those issues (ATT has been to my house several times in the last few months to confirm it) and yet I still get 4Mbps down with that... :\

So with the home DSL you would have better accuracy for measurements of free downloader's throughput. And the concern for RDP is not that anything is capped, its simply that you have noisy neighbors in the environment that you have no visibility into what it is that they are doing. This is why RDP is a retarded service because with modern Type 1 hypervisors a hosting service can very easily provide traffic shaping on both the network link as well as disk I/O consumption (VirtualBox only provides this); and that being said its the network link and the disk I/O that are of highest importance to get an accurate bandwidth measurement.

But yeah, I'll figure something out here for PPD eventually, its just not a priority because people who are dumb enough to go PPD instead of PPS are of very little concern for file hosts (which is why they prefer to ditch PPD time wasters)...

Sorry if I sound like I'm just stubborn and set in my ways. Its just that in the end I'm trying to provide an accurate hub of information and want to maintain a high level of standards in regards to conforming with units of measurement, specifically not using units of measurement that are made up and not globally used...

Last edited:
Rapidgator "Payout Holding Time " 7 Days is wrong.

It's 32 days holding.

Thanks for letting me know of a possible error, however according to their website it says 7 days: Rapidgator.net: Fast, safe and secure file hosting

Code:
Finance
We pay weekly, on Thursdays, in the last week (Mon-Sun) Partners can receive payments in WebMoney.

Do you have a link that states they have a 32 day holding pattern?
This info is not on their page.
They only sent us a message by our account. Here you can see a screenshot of the message they sent us on July 17 when the holding time started - http://www.wjunction.com/102-file-host-affiliate-discussion/151012-1620.html#post2006011
And here is the comment of NewRapidgator about it - http://www.wjunction.com/102-file-host-affiliate-discussion/151012-1621.html#post2006023

Last edited:
Why is it then that every damn application shows download and upload rates in bytes per second??????

It's your site, so do whatever pleases you. Such a knowledgeable and smart person like you obviously need no help.

You are the one being dumb who thinks about PPD like that. Your brains obviously has been pre-programmed in some ways already so there's no point for anyone to enlighten you further why some people chose PPD.

Helluva job Sir. Great tool for uploaders!

Please add 2drive.net if you can, I'd love to get your opinion on it...

2drive.net looks like a brand new file host started just a few days ago, all I can find on them is a post on WJunction which I can only view via Google Cache as it appears that the moderators took it down.

I'd rather see more use of them and / or approval of their thread on this site before I invest time on digging up all the info on them.

A brand new file host is too likely to disappear or dramatically change its settings so it would be very difficult to keep on top of all the brand new ones.

Why is it then that every damn application shows download and upload rates in bytes per second??????

It's your site, so do whatever pleases you. Such a knowledgeable and smart person like you obviously need no help.

You are the one being dumb who thinks about PPD like that. Your brains obviously has been pre-programmed in some ways already so there's no point for anyone to enlighten you further why some people chose PPD.

You're boring me now....

Thanks for letting me know of a possible error, however according to their website it says 7 days: Rapidgator.net: Fast, safe and secure file hosting

Code:
Finance
We pay weekly, on Thursdays, in the last week (Mon-Sun) Partners can receive payments in WebMoney.

Do you have a link that states they have a 32 day holding pattern?
This info is not on their page.
They only sent us a message by our account. Here you can see a screenshot of the message they sent us on July 17 when the holding time started - http://www.wjunction.com/102-file-host-affiliate-discussion/151012-1620.html#post2006011
And here is the comment of NewRapidgator about it - http://www.wjunction.com/102-file-host-affiliate-discussion/151012-1621.html#post2006023

Ahhh, sneaky sneaky RapidGator....

Thanks for the link to the screenshot there, I've updated the site with the 32 day holding period.

Last edited:
Very good collection (y)

Bitshare and Filefactory can be attached to that list.

I'll try to tackle both of these next.

Really awesome comparison tables on your site, please add the option to click and auto sort option on titles.

I actually just implemented this a few hours ago. Almost all of the column headers can now be clicked to sort their contents.

Also, someone asked earlier in this thread for some sort of a timestamping feature so that it would be clear when the data was last updated. This too was implemented a few hours ago, on the "General Information" table there is a "Last Update" column now that displays when the data was lasted updated.

Very good collection (y)

Bitshare and Filefactory can be attached to that list.

Started to work on Bitshare, they seem to only have PPD affiliate programs? Do you know if that's the case?

If so then I'm not going to bother wasting my time with a file host that only has useless PPD plans.... :\

Also it appears that they aren't allowing uploads at the moment so I can't upload/download any test files, so I think I'm gonna put these guys on hold.

Last edited:
nice site , and make some user engagement so that user can report scam and legit , and it will be a good option for trust and not to trust

A lot of the file host listed for free users download speed is not even close to what is listed

You should learn the difference between bits and Bytes before making yourself look like an ass.

And another suggestion, before you spend time making false accusations of other websites you may want to learn how to make a website yourself, and here is some proof to backup my claim:

FAILED: Google Page Speed Insights - http://sexybabess.com - 46/100 (mobile)
FAILED: Google Page Speed Insights - http://sexybabess.com - 59/100 (desktop)

FAILED: W3C Markup Validation Service - http://sexybabess.com - 85 Errors, 33 warning(s)

nice site , and make some user engagement so that user can report scam and legit , and it will be a good option for trust and not to trust

I'm not really interested in too much user engagement as WJunction already handles that area quite well.

If a number of WJunction users get scammed by a file host then I'll include the file host on the list of scam hosts on filehostreview.com.

Also, I don't go around throwing the word scam site that much, luckyshare and dizzcloud simply are not scam sites in my opinion (as I've debated in other threads and am not interested in debating this right here on this thread please). So a file host has to really go out of their way to get added to the scam host list on filehostreview.com

The only user engagement that I do plan on implementing at some point are switches for the values, specifically to convert currencies to a user's desired currency.

Also, for noobs like DJboutit and SeeingMole who fail to understand one of the most basic concepts in computing, the difference between bits and Bytes; I'm going to eventually make a noob switch for them that will switch between SI(bits) and Binary (Bytes).

I've considered implementing polling as well,

Last edited:
Keep2share does not give 400k download speed to registered users it is more like 40k to 50k :facepalm:
Once again, you need to learn the difference between bits and Bytes.

Keep2Share's download speeds for free users is 400Kbps.

Since you clearly have no clue the basics of computing (let alone web design) I'll do the math for you:
8 Kilobits = 1 Kilobyte
8 Kbps = 1 KBps
400 divided by 8 = 50
400 Kbps = 50 KBps
As seen using Incognito Mode of Google Chrome (which measures speeds in Binary units of KBps):

kNON4Pz.png

So once again, I don't know how many ways your looking for me to prove your a retard before you'll stop posting garbage in this thread.

PS - Not only is your website horribly slow according to Google, but according to W3C's Markup Validation Service its full of invalid code:

W3C Markup Validation Service - sexybabess.com - 85 Errors, 33 warning(s)
You may want to see if your local community college has an introduction to computers course, you certainly know what your talking about before you go around face palming people....

Noob.

Last edited:
Keep2share does not give 400k download speed to registered users it is more like 40k to 50k :facepalm:

Since you clearly have no clue the basics of computing (let alone web design) I'll do the math for you:
8 Kilobits = 1 Kilobyte
8 Kbps = 1 KBps
400 divided by 8 = 50
400 Kbps = 50 KBps
As seen using Incognito Mode of Google Chrome (which measures speeds in Binary units of KBps):

kNON4Pz.png

So once again, I don't know how many ways your looking for me to prove your a retard before you'll stop posting garbage in this thread.

PS - Not only is your website horribly slow according to Google, but according to W3C's Markup Validation Service its full of invalid code:

You may want to see if your local community college has an introduction to computers course, you certainly know what your talking about before you go around face palming people....

Noob.

When you list it as 400 people think it is really 400 just list it as 50 like it really it that is just wrong listing it the way you do

When do a speed test you get 50mbs you do not tell them your download speed is 50mbs you tell them it is 3.5mb to 6mb most people do not even get close to 50mb true download speed. Please list the file host as the true download speed and you will not confuse a lot of people

Last edited:

8 Kilobits = 1 Kilobyte
8 Kbps = 1 KBps
400 divided by 8 = 50
400 Kbps = 50 KBps

kNON4Pz.png

Noob.

When you list it as 400 people think it is really 400 just list it as 50 like it really it that is just wrong listing it the way you do

When do a speed test you get 50mbs you do not tell them your download speed is 50mbs you tell them it is 3.5mb to 6mb most people do not even get close to 50mb true download speed. Please list the file host as the true download speed and you will not confuse a lot of people
Moron,

The true download speed is 400 Kbps as the screen shot above proves, there is absolutely nothing confusing here. Bandwidth is measured in SI (International System of Units) units of bits, while data storage is measured in binary values of Bytes. This how the internet operates.

This is very very basic computing knowledge we're discussing here, and this is a webmaster board. If webmasters can't tell the difference between bits and bytes there is nothing I can do to help them.

There is no such measurement as mbps or mb in either SI or Binary so whatever gibberish you are trying to say makes absolutely no sense.

I'd love to teach you how to use your computer but I have far better things I can do with my time.

DJboutit: Please stop posting in this thread, your comments are pure libel as I've proven point by point in detail and I've had enough of your foolishness.

Last edited:
Told you so. Most USERS are more used to the download rate which almost every fucking application are reporting as BYTES and not bits.

I KNOW very well differences between bits/bytes, but as a USER, I ever see only things that I download being reported in BYTES.

Only programmers stick to ANAL obscure ways of reporting the data. Standard or not, one should think things from a user point of view, not programmer's point of view.

This is the reason for example why some programs works better than others, simply because the programmer has thought things from the need of user's perspective and not the programmer's own quirky perspective.

For example zoom interface vs neembu.

Last edited:
I also thought hard about how to include a PPD chart, because there are so many varieties such as file size categories as well as country tiers, and in the end, I simply suggest you just copy their PPD chart text and dump it in 1 single cell.

Most PPD users will already know very well the file size they typically use and where their traffic are coming from and what kind of country tier their traffic usually are in, so there's really no need to be able to sort that PPD chart.

Maybe for sorting purposes and additional info, one could also list info such as max PPD pay, for example $30/1000. In this case, one should be consistent, for example always list it as /1000, because some site may list as /10 000, but we'll just convert it to /1000 to display on your site.
As well as useful info such as max revenue per IP/day. This is very useful info for PPD users to be able to decide which PPD site we will decide to "whore" on... =P

Oh, also a column which you'll write last time the data of this host was updated, so we have an idea how current or outdated it may be.

I just implemented a PPD chart on the landing page of the site.

So far I've only knocked off a couple file hosts, but I'll get around to the few others that actually have PPD plans (most decent file hosts don't waste time with PPD).

The problem I had with doing this was mixing the third data-set for the tiers of file sizes. The only way I could work around it was by breaking down the display into tabs for each file size grouping.

So I gotta play around with it some and likely write a lot of custom code for it to aggregate those tabs into one, but until I get to that this should at least display all the information (albeit not in the most ideal way as I had planned to).

Told you so. Most USERS are more used to the download rate which almost every fucking application are reporting as BYTES and not bits.

I KNOW very well differences between bits/bytes, but as a USER, I ever see only things that I download being reported in BYTES.

Only programmers stick to ANAL obscure ways of reporting the data. Standard or not, one should think things from a user point of view, not programmer's point of view.

This is a webmaster board, not an end-user board. If you can't tell the clear difference between values of KBps and Kbps then you should probably work on getting yourself educated in how the internet works before you attempt to become a webmaster.

I did say earlier today that I am going to be implementing a noob switch so that noobs can press a button to toggle between values of bits and Bytes.

Until I get to it, I'm leaving it in the proper SI values of bits, and don't want to cause any confusion by referencing incorrectly placed Binary unit values.

Last edited:
I told you, I'm perfectly able to tell the fucking difference.
If I didn't know difference between bytes/bits, how the fuck would I be able to suggest you to show it in bytes rather than in bits in the first place??? Think about it.... instead you immediately calls people noobs and accuse of not knowing the difference. WTF??

However, normal users who are gonna be using your sites as well, may not realize that the numbers are in bits and not bytes, because they ever only see bytes in their apps. So they're gonna think that your numbers are hugely wrong.

It was just a fucking friendly suggestion from my part to make your site more useful to the average joe, but you seems to completely be unable to comprehend this. So make your damn site the way you wish.

Naturally, your replies so far has turned off me and probably a lot of other people of making any useful suggestions to you.

Last edited:
I told you, I'm perfectly able to tell the fucking difference.

However, normal users who are gonna be using your sites as well, may not realize that the numbers are in bits and not bytes, because they ever only see bytes in their apps. So they're gonna think that your numbers are hugely wrong.

It was just a fucking friendly suggestion from my part to make your site more useful to the average joe, but you seems to completely be unable to comprehend this. So make your damn site the way you wish.

I totally agree at least tell people the real speeds are in bytes

Ive had enough of this conversation, and you two morons are simply wasting my time.

Any future libel against the accuracy of filehostreview.com by assholes who don't know their bits and bytes will be reported to WJunction staff.

Please let me be clear: I don't mind people who find any real errors to report them, in fact I welcome any to be reported so that I can keep things up to date.

But assholes like DJboutit who make false allegations will not be tolerated in any way; libel posts will be reported to WJunction moderators.

Awesome idea, very well organized and displayed

You should arrange some way to show the favicon of each site nearby the name

And order by alexa rank with a script to grab that info
Like this
Where to upload files? - DDLRank.com

Will you just post filehosts with affiliate program?

I think I sorta answered the alexa question (its not reliable at all and it'd be very taxing to pull that remote data, however i might be able to cache the external data somehow).

But I just wanted to let you know that I did start to implement the favicon request tonight.

Unfortunately I got sidetracked by some noobs in this thread so I ran outta time to get all of them gathered up (converted to png using photoshop/irfanview) and posted, but I should be able to wrap this up in the next day or so :)

You can see what I've done so far tonight by clicking on the Affiliate Tools tab, favicon is now displayed on the right hand side of the table.

Also, pretty soon I'm eventually going to also try and include kEvin_Df's file host buttons which you can see here: http://www.wjunction.com/153-graphics-showcase/176297-my-file-hostings-buttons.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back