Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter South

I've been working on a file host review site with the goal in mind for helping downloaders, uploaders, webmasters, developers, & file hosts by presenting various information in a clean unified format.

• Downloaders: Which file host is the most economical and has the most features.
  • Uploaders & Webmasters: Which file host has the best affiliate program to suite your needs.
  • Developers: Find out limits for anonymous/free/premium users of file hosts (something I've have to do extensive research for in the past with helping in the plowshare Script)
  • File Hosts: To see how your different tiers of service levels and feature sets match up against other file hosts in the market.

Of course WJunction is the best place for both affiliates and representatives of file hosts to communicate & meet up, so I did include in the Affiliate Tools section a WJunction Link field that links directly to a file host's Official Support Thread here on WJunction (if it exists).

I am still vetting the information, adding more new file hosts, & working on the site's performance (mainly CSS/JavaScript caching/compression/aggregation). Pretty soon I'm going to set it up so that File Hosts can enter/update/delete their own information from the site if they so desire.

So I'm just curious as to what everybody thinks and/or if you have any suggestions for things which I may have left out :)

Site: FileHostReview.com

67 comments
I'm assuming the idea behind doing this may be a harmless venture, however I see it as another avenue of information for those that prefer to concentrate their efforts in causing grief upon filehost sites. We already know that these people scour WJ everyday for any information that can be used as such, so why give them more ammunition?

I'm assuming the idea behind doing this may be a harmless venture, however I see it as another avenue of information for those that prefer to concentrate their efforts in causing grief upon filehost sites. We already know that these people scour WJ everyday for any information that can be used as such, so why give them more ammunition?

I know what your saying and took this under consideration which is why there are certain things I decided to omit from the site, in fact I won't even state what those things are.

The only things that are up there are things available to anyone who digs around sites like this and/or the file hosts themselves so there is no vulnerability to the file hosts and their affiliates. But if you feel otherwise feel free to send me a PM with what concerns you.

Very excellent site! Bookmarked! Now somebody needs to fill in all the data. There's zillions of hosts out there....

I suggest you also add a "PPD" tab for hosts with PPD and also list their PPD table.

Very excellent site! Bookmarked! Now somebody needs to fill in all the data. There's zillions of hosts out there....

I suggest you also add a "PPD" tab for hosts with PPD and also list their PPD table.

Nice Website. Can you add a column for PPD websites. I am interested in PPD only.

Thank you guys!

The whole PPD deal was considered initially but I passed on doing it because it would be too complicated to create a chart for every file host's PPD tiers, all the countries in those tiers, and the payout for each tier.

While its not a top priority to accomplish this right now, I'm going to put it on my to-do list to play around with some data sets to figure out a way to display PPD information.

seems good idea ..

missing datafile.com in this list

I see datafile.com is banned from this site for not providing support for over a month, are they still paying their affiliates and in business?

Last edited:
a good site. I remembered somebody has similar site last time (Account Suspended) but closed already. hope this will be last longer.

my suggestions:
1. add more filehosts even thoug they don't have supported thread in Wj.
2. make the table with alternating color rows so it will be easier for visitors to compare between filehosts.

a good site. I remembered somebody has similar site last time (Account Suspended) but closed already. hope this will be last longer.

my suggestions:
1. add more filehosts even thoug they don't have supported thread in Wj.
2. make the table with alternating color rows so it will be easier for visitors to compare between filehosts.

1. I'm definitely going to be adding more sites, including ones that are not on WJunction.

2. Its built with the twitter bootstrap API and the rows do have zebra striping enabled with both Chrome and Firefox. Eventually I'm going to tweak the colors around a little bit to make it more appealing on the eyes, at that time I'll probably use more composite colors for the zebra striping.

Awesome idea, very well organized and displayed

You should arrange some way to show the favicon of each site nearby the name

And order by alexa rank with a script to grab that info
Like this
Where to upload files? - DDLRank.com

Will you just post filehosts with affiliate program?

The favicon idea is a good one and I can very easily inject that into the table as favicons can be compressed like crazy and are only 16x16 pixels. In fact I'll try to see if I can inject it inline with the File Hosts' names in the left hand column.

I thought about using alexa rank in the table but I decided to pass on it in the end. It'd be too much of an issue trying to setup reverse caching on each of the alexa fields that the site would have to pull each time someone loads the page. Also as far as I am concerned Alexa rank is deprecated so it really wouldn't be much of a benefit in the end considering all the effort it'd require to properly fetch the external alexa data without decreasing the site's performance.

1. I'm definitely going to be adding more sites, including ones that are not on WJunction.

2. Its built with the twitter bootstrap API and the rows do have zebra striping enabled with both Chrome and Firefox. Eventually I'm going to tweak the colors around a little bit to make it more appealing on the eyes, at that time I'll probably use more composite colors for the zebra striping.

Awesome idea, very well organized and displayed

You should arrange some way to show the favicon of each site nearby the name

And order by alexa rank with a script to grab that info
Like this
Where to upload files? - DDLRank.com

Will you just post filehosts with affiliate program?

The favicon idea is a good one and I can very easily inject that into the table as favicons can be compressed like crazy and are only 16x16 pixels. In fact I'll try to see if I can inject it inline with the File Hosts' names in the left hand column.

I thought about using alexa rank in the table but I decided to pass on it in the end. It'd be too much of an issue trying to setup reverse caching on each of the alexa fields that the site would have to pull each time someone loads the page. Also as far as I am concerned Alexa rank is deprecated so it really wouldn't be much of a benefit in the end considering all the effort it'd require to properly fetch the external alexa data without decreasing the site's performance.

Thanks to both of you guys for your feedback!

Last edited:
Rapidgator "Payout Holding Time " 7 Days is wrong.

It's 32 days holding.

Thanks for letting me know of a possible error, however according to their website it says 7 days: http://rapidgator.net/article/resource/

Code:
Finance
We pay weekly, on Thursdays, in the last week (Mon-Sun) Partners can receive payments in WebMoney.

Do you have a link that states they have a 32 day holding pattern?

Last edited:
I also thought hard about how to include a PPD chart, because there are so many varieties such as file size categories as well as country tiers, and in the end, I simply suggest you just copy their PPD chart text and dump it in 1 single cell.

Most PPD users will already know very well the file size they typically use and where their traffic are coming from and what kind of country tier their traffic usually are in, so there's really no need to be able to sort that PPD chart.

Maybe for sorting purposes and additional info, one could also list info such as max PPD pay, for example $30/1000. In this case, one should be consistent, for example always list it as /1000, because some site may list as /10 000, but we'll just convert it to /1000 to display on your site.
As well as useful info such as max revenue per IP/day. This is very useful info for PPD users to be able to decide which PPD site we will decide to "whore" on... =P

Oh, also a column which you'll write last time the data of this host was updated, so we have an idea how current or outdated it may be.

Last edited:
2 Mistakes I found

Rapidgator files are not stored 60 days for registered users it is 30 days

Keep2share registered users do not get 400k download speed

I can confirm that for K2S "registered free user", I'm only getting 30kbyte/s on my RDP.

I suggest you write it more clear such as Kbyte/s or Kbit/s, so that we know if bits or byte/s.
"Kbps" doesn't really tell if it's bits of bytes.
I suggest using byte instead of bit, because most people will immediately know how fast that is, than bits which is what most hosts like to show since it'll appear as if it's much faster because of the higher number.

So in the case of K2S, it's 30 KByte/s or 240 Kbit/s.
I'd prefer 30 KByte/s.

If you need any help, such as checking and verifying download speed and other info on hosts, let me know.

Another suggestion to you is that for this project to perhaps generate some income for you, you should include your referral link in the site URL, so that people who find your site useful are able to register under you and help support you this way.

Last edited:
missing "
LuckyShare
" as scamhost

LuckyShare isn't a scam host, they had funds frozen on them and have been settling their debts to affiliates who got burned with them when that happened.

ScamHosts are only going to be listed in the most extreme circumstances such as FileOM, whose single owner & employee (and still the current owner despite the lies) never spoke a word of truth to me for the duration of my several week long affiliation with him).

I can confirm that for K2S "registered free user", I'm only getting 30kbyte/s on my RDP.

I suggest you write it more clear such as Kbyte/s or Kbit/s, so that we know if bits or byte/s.
I suggest using byte instead of bit, because most people will immediately know how fast that is, than bits which is what most hosts like to show since it'll appear as if it's much faster because of the higher number.

I'd prefer 30 KByte/s.

If you need any help, such as checking and verifying download speed and other info on hosts, let me know.

Another suggestion to you is that for this project to perhaps generate some income for you, you should include your referral link in the site URL, so that people who find your site useful are able to register under you and help support you this way.

Its written in the proper format, KBps and Kbps. There is no such thing as Kbyte/s, there is KByte/s.

Lots of people incorrectly say that companies use bits for measuring bandwidth to make the numbers seem bigger but this is simply not true. The truth is that it goes back to dialup days with analog modem speeds such as 56.6 which was 56.6 Kbps. Meanwhile the early file systems from going back all the way to the era of my 80286 with a 300 baud modem (thats 300 bps) measured data sets in Bytes.

So to keep things simple I always teach people this: transfer speed is bits, file size is Bytes.

I'm not even going to dive into hard drive sizes that use TiB aka Tebibytes (which based on factors of 1000) while OSs use Terabytes (which is based on factors of 1024), but I'm sure you can read up on that if you want on wikipedia, and you can read about proper units and symbols for both SI and binary numbers here: http://physics.nist (dot) gov/cuu/Units/binary.html

So yeah, I do appreciate any corrections you may find and you can feel free to post them here in this thread. When I get to writing out the Help page of the site (which will explain each individual column) I'll cover bits & Bytes so that it should be more clear to all :)

Thanks for the tip!

2 Mistakes I found

RapidGator: You are right (source: http://rapidgator.net/article/faq/id/3) and I've updated the site with the correct information, thanks for that!

Keep2Share: I spent a couple minutes reviewing their site and I don't see where I got that original 400 Kbps from, keep in mind that 400 Kbps = 50 KBps so I do believe that field is accurate, but either way I'm gonna ping Mark from MoneyPlatform to review the stats pretty soon for me :)

I'd prefer 30 KByte/s.

RDP is not something that should be used to determine bandwidth. In fact to be honest I believe RDP is not something that anyone should even consider selling or buying in the year 2014 where we have multi core CPUs that can provide economical virtual environments using hypervisors like Xen, Citrix, VMWare, KVM, VirtualBox, etc.

But hey that's just my opinion. But either way RDP is a "shared environment" which mean you'll have extremely high chances of having "noisy neighbors" that will battle you for resources such as network bandwidth, disk I/O, RAM, CPU, GPU. With noisy neighbors you can't rely on any reliable facts for measuring transfer speeds....

And as I explained a few moments ago, 30KBps = 240Kbps which are the proper notations for binary values, and SI values, respectively. Values labelled as KByte/s or Kbit/s are incorrect. And as I said a few moments ago, bandwidth is measured in SI values so 240Kbps would be the proper value for referencing transfer speeds.

awesome idea,
and very nice site.

Thanks!

I also thought hard about how to include a PPD chart, because there are so many varieties such as file size categories as well as country tiers, and in the end, I simply suggest you just copy their PPD chart text and dump it in 1 single cell.

Most PPD users will already know very well the file size they typically use and where their traffic are coming from and what kind of country tier their traffic usually are in, so there's really no need to be able to sort that PPD chart.

Maybe for sorting purposes and additional info, one could also list info such as max PPD pay, for example $30/1000. In this case, one should be consistent, for example always list it as /1000, because some site may list as /10 000, but we'll just convert it to /1000 to display on your site.
As well as useful info such as max revenue per IP/day. This is very useful info for PPD users to be able to decide which PPD site we will decide to "whore" on... =P

Oh, also a column which you'll write last time the data of this host was updated, so we have an idea how current or outdated it may be.

Earlier today I also grabbed some other domains similar to this one, specifically imagehostreview.com where the PPD table will be the primary table used for affiliate earnings. So I've got to figure out how to code something for both down the road (if I actually do an imagehostreview.com site) as well as for filehostreview.com PPD rates.

The max revenue per ip/day would go into a separate table, but the actual geographical areas table I'm thinking of having something like this:
-------------------------------------
| TIER | COUNTRIES | RATE |
------------------------------------
| TIER 1 | US UK RU IN DE | $3/1000 |
| TIER 2 | ES BR CO CC |
$2/1000 |
| TIER 3 | CA PR SW TR |
$1/1000 |

Specifically I want the countries to be displayed as flags with their names appearing only when hovering over the flag image/icon. This will make it possible down the road for me to make something that can shift the table values around so you can figure out something like "what hosts have Brazil in Tier 2 and not Tier 3".

Since there are so many different things in play for displaying this table its gonna take me a little bit for me to get it done properly, I gotta play around with various code and tools before I got it looking/working the way I have it envisioned in my head :)

Regarding last update time, thats stupid easy for me to inject into the table, I'll probably do this at or around the same time I work on making each of the column headers sortable.

I'm just not putting that into place just yet as I'm more focused with obtaining more information and fact-checking existing information for any errors (of which I know some exist as I warn in the bootstrap .jumbotron div class at the top of the site.

LuckyShare isn't a scam host, they had funds frozen on them and have been settling their debts to affiliates who got burned with them when that happened.

ScamHosts are only going to be listed in the most extreme circumstances such as FileOM, whose single owner & employee (and still the current owner despite the lies) never spoke a word of truth to me for the duration of my several week long affiliation with him).

I'd prefer 30 KByte/s.

Its written in the proper format, KBps and Kbps. There is no such thing as Kbyte/s, there is KByte/s.

Lots of people incorrectly say that companies use bits for measuring bandwidth to make the numbers seem bigger but this is simply not true. The truth is that it goes back to dialup days with analog modem speeds such as 56.6 which was 56.6 Kbps. Meanwhile the early file systems from going back all the way to the era of my 80286 with a 300 baud modem (thats 300 bps) measured data sets in Bytes.

So to keep things simple I always teach people this: transfer speed is bits, file size is Bytes.

I'm not even going to dive into hard drive sizes that use TiB aka Tebibytes (which based on factors of 1000) while OSs use Terabytes (which is based on factors of 1024), but I'm sure you can read up on that if you want on wikipedia, and you can read about proper units and symbols for both SI and binary numbers here: http://physics.nist (dot) gov/cuu/Units/binary.html

So yeah, I do appreciate any corrections you may find and you can feel free to post them here in this thread. When I get to writing out the Help page of the site (which will explain each individual column) I'll cover bits & Bytes so that it should be more clear to all :)

Thanks for the tip!

2 Mistakes I found

RapidGator: You are right (source: Rapidgator.net: Fast, safe and secure file hosting) and I've updated the site with the correct information, thanks for that!

Keep2Share: I spent a couple minutes reviewing their site and I don't see where I got that original 400 Kbps from, keep in mind that 400 Kbps = 50 KBps so I do believe that field is accurate, but either way I'm gonna ping Mark from MoneyPlatform to review the stats pretty soon for me :)

I'd prefer 30 KByte/s.

RDP is not something that should be used to determine bandwidth. In fact to be honest I believe RDP is not something that anyone should even consider selling or buying in the year 2014 where we have multi core CPUs that can provide economical virtual environments using hypervisors like Xen, Citrix, VMWare, KVM, VirtualBox, etc.

But hey that's just my opinion. But either way RDP is a "shared environment" which mean you'll have extremely high chances of having "noisy neighbors" that will battle you for resources such as network bandwidth, disk I/O, RAM, CPU, GPU. With noisy neighbors you can't rely on any reliable facts for measuring transfer speeds....

And as I explained a few moments ago, 30KBps = 240Kbps which are the proper notations for binary values, and SI values, respectively. Values labelled as KByte/s or Kbit/s are incorrect. And as I said a few moments ago, bandwidth is measured in SI values so 240Kbps would be the proper value for referencing transfer speeds.

awesome idea,
and very nice site.

Thanks!

Earlier today I also grabbed some other domains similar to this one, specifically imagehostreview.com where the PPD table will be the primary table used for affiliate earnings. So I've got to figure out how to code something for both down the road (if I actually do an imagehostreview.com site) as well as for filehostreview.com PPD rates.

The max revenue per ip/day would go into a separate table, but the actual geographical areas table I'm thinking of having something like this:
| TIER | COUNTRIES | RATE |
------------------------------------
| TIER 1 | US UK RU IN DE | $3/1000 |
| TIER 2 | ES BR CO CC |
$2/1000 |
| TIER 3 | CA PR SW TR |
$1/1000 |

Specifically I want the countries to be displayed as flags with their names appearing only when hovering over the flag image/icon. This will make it possible down the road for me to make something that can shift the table values around so you can figure out something like "what hosts have Brazil in Tier 2 and not Tier 3".

Since there are so many different things in play for displaying this table its gonna take me a little bit for me to get it done properly, I gotta play around with various code and tools before I got it looking/working the way I have it envisioned in my head :)

Regarding last update time, thats stupid easy for me to inject into the table, I'll probably do this at or around the same time I work on making each of the column headers sortable.

I'm just not putting that into place just yet as I'm more focused with obtaining more information and fact-checking existing information for any errors (of which I know some exist as I warn in the bootstrap .jumbotron div class at the top of the site.

Just confirmed all information for moneyplatform (keep2share/fileboom/publish2.me) so its all accurate now.

In case anyone is wondering, its 50Kbps for the first two uploads in a 24 hour time span, then the limit drops down to 30Kbps after that until 24 hours time had passed since the last "50 Kbps" download finished.

Last edited:
I know very well about the history of baud bandwidth, thank you. + all the other HDD size blah blah blah...

The reason I suggest using Bytes is because it's much easier to immediately see just how fast it really is, not having to /8 in the head in order to see the speed. All downloading applications display the download speed in BYTES and not bits.

But I see that you already have your own opinion about this, and it looks like nothing is gonna change your mind, so whatever...

The reason I suggest to just dump the PPD table as text in 1 single cell is for simplicity. Otherwise it'll take ages to input all that data, and in the end it's pretty much waste of time, because the PDD data as text is more than enough for people.

Jeez man, measuring how much the capped speed from an RDP is much better than for example measuring from home DSL.

It looks like your mind is very fixed on a lot of things, so good luck with your project.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back