Other [RDP]: Giant Sale, 100 GB HDD + 1Gbps Unmetered BW $20

Status
Not open for further replies.
cilembu i will make sure you are refunded by tonight, I checked your stats and you only used around 5 gb. Please reply when you got it.

@prateekkhanna2000: there is no way you will get the refund with your attitude, also you have used a lot of BW "1TB" as NaHow said.

I wonder if your RDP is slow, unstable as you said, how come you could use that much BW.

Well using 1 tb on a 1 gbps rdp aint really hard, open utorrent and in 3 hours the job is done, but for me this just means that he was able to use the rdp after all.
I am really tired of people buying an rdp using all resources for a day and then after 23 hours asking for a refund. We are considering starting non-refundable.

And about the speedissue, many people are torrenting, this ok but you need to limit your number of tcp connections. a torrent wont go faster if you give it 200 tcp connections it will go slower. also, please keep in mind that torrenting is very intensive for the hdd. We will reboot the server in an hour, currently the resource manager says that there are 1000 and up tcp connections, cant see the exact amount cause the graph cant go on a bigger scale. that much tcp connections cause a huge load on the cpu and it makes the server lag. if you want to see what i mean, try downloading 50 big files at the same time on your pc.

@prateekkhanna2000: there is no way you will get the refund with your attitude, also you have used a lot of BW "1TB" as NaHow said.

I wonder if your RDP is slow, unstable as you said, how come you could use that much BW.
i havent used 1tb nor i am using any torrent

mate i havent used that much of bw 1tb i havent uploaded a single file only downloaded 2 game on my rdp when i try to upload on rapidshare its is uploading fine with rum but after few minutes rapidshare site is not opening server is unable to connect to rapidshare.com same as in hotfile and fileserve speed our low the rapidleech function for hotfile is not working nothing i cannot upload :( so thats why i dont want to use the rdp so i want a refund back again

And about the speedissue, many people are torrenting, this ok but you need to limit your number of tcp connections. a torrent wont go faster if you give it 200 tcp connections it will go slower. also, please keep in mind that torrenting is very intensive for the hdd. We will reboot the server in an hour, currently the resource manager says that there are 1000 and up tcp connections, cant see the exact amount cause the graph cant go on a bigger scale. that much tcp connections cause a huge load on the cpu and it makes the server lag. if you want to see what i mean, try downloading 50 big files at the same time on your pc.

The problem as I see it is that you are advertising the 1 gbits connection, and if a user uses the speed guide in utorrent it detects that and automatically increases max. connection and connections (per - torrent) to a huge number. With 10 users per server thats would easily be over 1000 connections or even more depending on settings. Also you havent specified max number of active torrents, so usage is vague.

Considering the large disk space, great speeds advertised the only people interested are those who are medium to heavy users so they will try to use a lot of bandwidth anyhow. I mean if I wanted to use conservatively I would do it at home right?

So how about posting general guidelines about per user usage. It may seem restrictive but will improve overall experience.

For new users to a gbit rdp knowing what is enough is difficult no?

Been on the server for 48 hours now.
Speeds aren't top of the line but overall it is good.
$20 is more than fair price for what you are getting.

To point out good/bad things, I'll make a list:

The BAD:
- very slow rar/unrar
- rapidleech is down, hope it will get fixed

The GOOD:
- very good speeds on Rapidshare
- decent speeds on Hotfile/Fileserve(considering server is in Europe, and for others complaining about this yo ushould have known/read/ask about EU and HF/FS)
- programs run at good speeds
- torrents working very well

If you sum it up it will be a good server for the moderate user.
If it wasn't for the rar this would be a great server for heavy users as well

Hi,

Thank you for the comments and hints, I appreciate that. The restrictions on torrent will be added to the rules.

About the rar, there are times that it is very fast too, not what i do not understand is why it is slow sometimes. you can check it for yourself, the cpu is mostly under 50 percent

Hi,

We are unsure about that, via google chrome it is working but its slow, it is not blobked so this must be something with rs.

oh, and we got 2 new servers. order now to ae the first to use it.

Been on the server for 48 hours now.
Speeds aren't top of the line but overall it is good.
$20 is more than fair price for what you are getting.

To point out good/bad things, I'll make a list:

The BAD:
- very slow rar/unrar

The GOOD:
- very good speeds on Rapidshare
- decent speeds on Hotfile/Fileserve(considering server is in Europe, and for others complaining about this yo ushould have known/read/ask about EU and HF/FS)

If you sum it up it will be a good server for the moderate user.
If it wasn't for the rar this would be a great server for heavy users as well
To correct the above should be:

The BAD:
- very slow rar/unrar
- Rapidshare not working(downlaod worked once, good speeds, uplaod shows good speeds, nothing uploads to the server and most of the time it is down)

The GOOD:

Now if you sum it up for shitty speeds on HF and FS and just torrents working, nothing else, you shouldn't buy RDP

Hi,

Normally you should be able to download with firefox. For those having troubles with rapidshare, this is on rapidshare s sidn. try downloading from ssl.rapidshare.com, that does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back