Openload.io - Video/MP3/Image/File - Up to 40$/10k - Unlimited Speed - No Premium Acc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already several days with this problem of popups appearing on pages that there is an embed openload, even without the user clicking on the player. This is not professional!

This is a message that tomksoft from popads said on there official thread :

"Blank popunder is actually more of a feature than a bug. Let me explain.
In the old code, the adcode would first contact our adserver. If it received an advertisement to display, it would activate itself and would open a popup/popunder next time the visitor clicks anywhere.
The problem? If the visitor clicked anywhere on your website BEFORE the response from our server came, we would lose the opportunity to open a popup/popunder.

The new adcode has a feature called prepop. This is active only on browsers where a popunder can be opened (so firefox and chrome).
The feature works this way:
- The first time user clicks on your website, a blank popunder is open, regardless if we received response from adserver or not.
- As soon as we receive response from adserver with ad, we redirect that popunder to the ad.
- If the response from adserver indicates there are no ads available, it will close the blank popunder.

I will look into improving it a bit today, mostly will set up some cache that when last time we got no ad response from adserver, it will stop opening prepops for some time.
Also, if it's really a huge problem, I might expose this as an option in the adcode so you could disable it."

This is a message that tomksoft from popads said on there official thread :

"Blank popunder is actually more of a feature than a bug. Let me explain.
In the old code, the adcode would first contact our adserver. If it received an advertisement to display, it would activate itself and would open a popup/popunder next time the visitor clicks anywhere.
The problem? If the visitor clicked anywhere on your website BEFORE the response from our server came, we would lose the opportunity to open a popup/popunder.

The new adcode has a feature called prepop. This is active only on browsers where a popunder can be opened (so firefox and chrome).
The feature works this way:
- The first time user clicks on your website, a blank popunder is open, regardless if we received response from adserver or not.
- As soon as we receive response from adserver with ad, we redirect that popunder to the ad.
- If the response from adserver indicates there are no ads available, it will close the blank popunder.

I will look into improving it a bit today, mostly will set up some cache that when last time we got no ad response from adserver, it will stop opening prepops for some time.
Also, if it's really a huge problem, I might expose this as an option in the adcode so you could disable it."
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back