Status
Not open for further replies.
Well , in many years of warez , Hosting , and many other things i never noticed an DMCA on IP Address :| :O which really annoys anyone :| , IP Address are not public like domains so we can't really track them normally till we know the IP and user .

Looks something fake :| Or kinda if they do suspended then they should complete all this on the ticket and some support system , but the support is stick to TOS , which really doesn't match up with the case :| ...

I guess refund should be provided to the client .

I think you're getting a little to excited man.

So on a side note:
Whether the DMCA is real or not it would look pretty clear from a webhosts point
of view as to what your intentions were with your account.

So acting like you're an innocent little angel doesn't do much for me.

Please read first post and then try to write your opinion. :facepalm:

A hosting company need a DMCA report to suspend an account? (If they don't allow warez stuff or any kind of material that is copyrighted)?

I think every hosting company reserve the right to follow their rules with or without any DMCA report.

I dosent have there any warez content - no links - no illegal files, there was only WP and my template ....

So he have no right to suspend my acc if there was no DMCA and illegal files (warez linking , etc.) ...

If he dont want to host my site he shoudl send me Email , give me some time to move my site and refund me money.

1. NlVL claimed all images that were hosted on the site were from Universal Studios ( When Infact that's incorrect)

2. Here is the site that Drinkroide had it's only a WordPress see the site for yourself http://usa-streams.com.

3. Universal Studios ain't even no were in San Fernando, Valley California.

I bought acc there because I needed hosting with Cpanel to finish work with my template... about that point 2 - now site is hosted with xsltel because I almost finished work on my template and Im starting to add content so you can find now warez stuff there ...

Last edited:
Please read first post and then try to write your opinion. :facepalm:

I dosent have there any warez content - no links - no illegal files, there was only WP and my template ....

So he have no right to suspend my acc if there was no DMCA and illegal files (warez linking , etc.) ...

If he dont want to host my site he shoudl send me Email , give me some time to move my site and refund me money.

I bought acc there because I needed hosting with Cpanel to finish work with my template... about that point 2 - now site is hosted with xsltel because I almost finished work on my template and Im starting to add content so you can find now warez stuff there ...

Yes ok man, that makes so much more sense now /sarcasm

I'm not that gullible man.

Whats your problem LongBG?, Nlvl has not given any proof which suggest he was linking nor hosting warez files there. All which has been provided is a dmca which looks fake.

PS: You cant just suspend people based on assumption, you need something concrete. If nlvl suspended him all based on assumption then thats not really professional from their end.

+ if they accidentally suspended the account they should have unsuspended it ...at first they were showing their TOS etc ... then a fake DMCA :/ ... in my point of view a scammer should be banned whether he is small member or a big company related stuff ...

The problem here is NLVL suspended someone because they assumed he was going to operate a warez site. It doesn't matter if Drinkordie was planning to start a warez site on their hosting or just playing around with a WP template, NLVL were wrong to jump to conclusions right off the bat. If NLVL were honest with Drinkordie and told him their fears right away, maybe he would understand? Instead they lied and tricked him into thinking that they have legitimate grounds to terminate his service without a refund.

Drinkordie then called them up on their bullshit, whereby they then proceeded to insult the intelligent of WJ's moderators by showing a fake DMCA notice as "proof". What kind of business is this? One that lies, cheats and assumes our moderators are retarded. They need to refund Drinkordie ASAP, otherwise they're not welcome on WJ. It'd also be in their best interests to pay Drinkordie damages, after all, they've put him through all this bullshit.

@ V1rgin , the refund - yeah

@ ''pay Drinkordie damages'' - lol xD

No such thing where ''warez'' materials are involved - do you know how many hosts fucked over their clients here on WJ

P.s : BAN Nlvl

The problem here is NLVL suspended someone because they assumed he was going to operate a warez site. It doesn't matter if Drinkordie was planning to start a warez site on their hosting or just playing around with a WP template, NLVL were wrong to jump to conclusions right off the bat. If NLVL were honest with Drinkordie and told him their fears right away, maybe he would understand? Instead they lied and tricked him into thinking that they have legitimate grounds to terminate his service without a refund.

Drinkordie then called them up on their bullshit, whereby they then proceeded to insult the intelligent of WJ's moderators by showing a fake DMCA notice as "proof". What kind of business is this? One that lies, cheats and assumes our moderators are retarded. They need to refund Drinkordie ASAP, otherwise they're not welcome on WJ. It'd also be in their best interests to pay Drinkordie damages, after all, they've put him through all this bullshit.

Thanks V1rgin,

I write why I was so pissed - I uploaded to their server clean WP + template (that was not finished - blank templete) - I was working 10 hours with that template (code optimizing + layout changes - etc.) and I had all that template files (after the changes and optimization) only on their server ( I had no template files on my PC). Next day they suspend my hosting acc and write me that I will not get my files back because of DMCA from Universal and illegal content + warez linking and few other fairy tales ... I was pissed to the maximum because there was no such things in my hosting acc (files) and in my blog content.

I just wanted my files - and I recovered it just because I get some help from WJ Mods :sun: especially from robert420, thanks buddy.

They give me 5 min to dl my backup and they suspend my acc again. I dont care about that few bucks,- but you know if I will buy from them dedi or vps and they will suspend me for somthing like this without refund :O

I saw the DMCA and looked fake as my teeth look.

No specification of the offense copyright material. Furthermore, if there was only a movie poster neither Universal or IMDB would sent a DMCA notice because there is also something 'fair use'.

Does anybody think that all Wikipedia are licensed?

My guess they strolled into Drinkordie's site by accident (they must with over 10,000 customers hosted) and assumed he was going in the warez mode.

Then took a couple of days to fabricate a fake DMCA to justify.

I just wanted my files - and I recovered it just because I get some help from WJ Mods :sun: especially from robert420, thanks buddy.

But explain you just put one page with an test but want your files back?

Personally, I think if NVnl wants to have a future on WJ he should give the client the benefit of the doubt and return his US$1.95.

I don't know why we do all this for a lousy US$1.95.

loving the dmca they got sent,it doesnt say much about them as a company for responding to that email.As a internet host they should know about dmca and how they work.Especially since all nbc and universals law and complaints are handle through NBC Universal Anti-Piracy Technical Operations in Universal City.

This is either one bad host or really retarded thinking they would get away with that or the face it was a legal dmca.i actually started to post in this topic to acutally say give them a break mistakes happen and what not but looking at that dmca and the way it was handled.Fail

Personally, I think if NVnl wants to have a future on WJ he should give the client the benefit of the doubt and return his US$1.95.

ohh Sniff man, can you just read what I am writing from beginning :facepalm: it was not about few bucks , maaaaaaaaan I wanted my files back, I must write this in every post -.-

Please don't write another post like this because writing the same answers over and over kills me ... :o

But explain you just put one page with an test but want your files back?

answer:

I was working 10 hours with that template (code optimizing + layout changes - etc.) and I had all that template files (after the changes and optimization) only on their server ( I had no template files on my PC). Next day they suspend my hosting acc and write me that I will not get my files back because of DMCA from Universal and illegal content + warez linking and few other fairy tales ...

Last edited:
But you didn't answer my question. Why did you want your files back. You said there was only one test page.

Because I make some major changes in template code and layout.

O5nLF.png

Please somebody close this thread I have nothing more to say, I get my files back - I dont care about Nlvl.net.

Since we know that this company LIED and didn't actually get a DMCA report...then how did they know what was on his site? Snooping on the backend perhaps?

I say ban them. Sending that fake DMCA makes them a scammer imo.

I changed the post and your reply was not relevant to the post anymore.

I cleaned up the thread myself and you shouldn't be so mad ....

Oh look, there's another post in the bin ....

Sometimes it's more about standing on principal then just the money. Sure refunding the client is logical, but then you're essentially letting people get away with breaking your TOS.

Regardless, this does not mean I'm taking nlvl's side. I'm actually on no one's side. Just wanted to say what I had to say.

Not at all. As an ex moderator you know that we have to make decisions on either let somebody slide through the lines of the rules.:)

By making a refund (or even first contacting the client) you can avoid a lot of trouble and angry faces.

Fake DMCA?

Our process for DMCA is this....

If a DMCA is received the client is suspended temporarily for 24-48 hours for our legal team to review for security purposes, this prevents additional illegal activity. From there a medium is placed where the client can keep in contact with the DMCA Agent which allows them to resolve this issue. This person failed to wait a simple hour and immediately placed reviews of us being a scam. We do not scam at all, I my self find it extremely pointless to scam $1.95.

If this client really didn't do anything wrong, he could have simply waited through that time and his site would have been unsuspended if found innocent, though there we violating content that I personally found. After the unsuspension was made to avoid any further confliction, the client immediately deleted all content through his account and downloading a backup. This is just childish games, if some one is not willing to follow our legal practices they are putting them selves in a risk, we do our best to avoid DMCAs on our servers as it affects our servers IP ranking. As stated on our advertisement threads we do our best to avoid any DMCAs and have a huge success rate on resolving them. A lot of documentation was sent to a moderator in wJunction, hope you guys take that into account when reviewing.

The dmca was received from dmcacompliance@nbcuni.com
Patience would have simply had this all resolved. If you still feel that we are scamming and should return a small $2.00 we will happily do so, though we would not do such a crazy thing to ruin our reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back