Status
Not open for further replies.
All hosts should be put into post moderation.. Allow the mods to choose who to approve.. Only allow people with real servers and such...

Atleast it would show WJ is trying to help new webmasters like a real webmaster forum would..

Of course there should be a new forum for new hosters.. People would have a choice to go with known hosts or the new ones..

One of the main purposes of WJ is for us webmasters, etc... to have a a place to share/discuss/support each other.

If you're thinking of getting a new host you should be asking around for advice. Ask your WJ friends who they use and if they're happy with the company.

If you dont really know anyone here, well thats your problem. Get to know people. Network. Get involved. Otherwise you're just a leecher and deserve to get scammed.

What will you say about crappy service? even if a host doesn't run away, a lot here provide very bad service and even then go on shouting at others

Seriously Forgiven, will you stop going off topic?

I used that coz I know how things run inside Motionite, unlike you im not a pro who has worked with Hostgator

Any way, I'll edit it if you are getting so butt hurt about it

well people .. this is something that is like 10-20% depends upon how wjunction tries to operate it and the rest upon the people(buyers) decision ..

it is human nature to work around the rules made for their personal profits .. so whatever wjunction does there will always(mostly) a work around always be there .. and then again it comes to how the people choose and as everyone knows .. the newbies who don't know shit about anything would always try to get the cheapest thing as why would he even spend more amount in something he doesn't really know

these are some things which can never be solved and the only way for all this is the awareness .. in this thread people are right that no one knows how a newcomer in webhosting is who knows he has good intensions ?

after reading the complete thread i came to some conclusions as in
1. The new hosts threads should have something like "probation"

• the new members who have not crossed the probation of 2days and 2 posts should not be able to post a thread in the hosting sections .. (don't know if it's already there)
  • once they have crossed this probation they can post the threads and from here on it also comes for the people already member over here and that is once they post the thread it'll automatically go in a period called as thread probation ... where it'll stay for X no. of days and after which a mod will see it and decide on what to do with it (the thread probation can be anything like a list for the members to view or something like probation on the hosters thread title)
2. As you all know many have problems and the hosters say as this is a sales thread and you can't reply here etc, etc..

• a section should be opened for this in the hosting marketplace like a subsection or something like that where every hoster who has threads for hosting sales should make a feedback thread
  • the people who give feedback over there should be a client over there and to prove this they should show some kind of screenshot (if thats not possible then don't leave a feedback)
  • the sales thread should actually become only a sales thread and nothing more than that and it should not contain any other things like a customers review or the other things as there is already a section for it
well these are just a few things but as i said it's not totally dependent on the wjunction but the people who use it :)

hope it helps ....

As I posted some suggestions in previous post, wjunction should take some action regarding this. They can easily check company registration though, most of the countries are online now a days.
My other suggestions are:
- search reviews of internet
- ask for free trial

As I posted some suggestions in previous post, wjunction should take some action regarding this. They can easily check company registration though, most of the countries are online now a days.
My other suggestions are:
- search reviews of internet
- ask for free trial

-search reviews on Internet
- this may be good for a company regarding scamming nature.
[Messenger ID/Paypal IDs should be disclosed]

Free Trials -
there is No point in it to find If he is a scammer or NOT

WHY THE HELL YOU ALLOW REVIEW IN HOSTING SALES THREAD if YOU DONT ALLOW A COMPLAIN/SUPPORT POST OVER THERE ???

You said it yourself. It's a SALES thread(re-read the capitalized word once again). There are official support channels, clients should use them. Can you imagine hundreds of people asking for support on a public forum? Some issues are caused by client, and the same client decides to take it publicly because he didn't get a solution within a few minutes, although he doesn't have any SLA. It doesn't show the right and complete picture.

Everyone has issues, most of them are caused by clients but the point is everyone has issues. Big providers have more servers, issues and more "bad" reviews while small providers might have 0 complaints posted publicly. Nobody can please everyone. Does it mean some small provider is better than Hostgator or BurstNET?

-search reviews on Internet
- this may be good for a company regarding scamming nature.
[Messenger ID/Paypal IDs should be disclosed]

Free Trials -
there is No point in it to find If he is a scammer or NOT

You're right. In fact, it should be the responsibility of the buyer to identify whether host is reasonable or not. Even on webhostingtalk.com, no one cares about company or something like this. People are just following similar rules and clients are getting their hosts.

You said it yourself. It's a SALES thread(re-read the capitalized word once again). There are official support channels, clients should use them. Can you imagine hundreds of people asking for support on a public forum? Some issues are caused by client, and the same client decides to take it publicly because he didn't get a solution within a few minutes, although he doesn't have any SLA. It doesn't show the right and complete picture.

Everyone has issues, most of them are caused by clients but the point is everyone has issues. Big providers have more servers, issues and more "bad" reviews while small providers might have 0 complaints posted publicly. Nobody can please everyone. Does it mean some small provider is better than Hostgator or BurstNET?

AGREED that In sales thread nothing else should be Posted .......Then why REVIEWS are allowed in it ?? they are part of Sales thread ?? Why dont you REPORT Them to MODS to remove [as you do it in complaining thread or bad review thread]

^^ If the thread is for sales then it should be striclty for sales and not for reviews.

Its odd, if a negative review is given then its called spam and get reported, but a positive review stays?
You guys should take the responsibility of reporting the positive reviews too, as those are not related to sales.
I wonder how many of you guys do that :|

Make a new topic for "Review" where the clients can provide their review, positive or negative. And link that particular thread on the first page of your sales thread ;)

AGREED that In sales thread nothing else should be Posted .......Then why REVIEWS are allowed in it ?? they are part of Sales thread ?? Why dont you REPORT Them to MODS to remove [as you do it in complaining thread or bad review thread]

You clearly failed to do your homework. I do NOT report bad reviews, you can come to my thread, post a bad review, I'd verify your story and that's it. However, if you decide to post the same thing every single day like you are mentally unstable, from some crazy unknown reason, I will obviously report such activity.

You clearly failed to do your homework. I do NOT report bad reviews, you can come to my thread, post a bad review, I'd verify your story and that's it. However, if you decide to post the same thing every single day like you are mentally unstable, from some crazy unknown reason, I will obviously report such activity.

Above statement is not for you specifically [sorry , if you hurt by statement]...Most of Webhosting sites do this practice.

FOR YOU Mr. Krun!x , why dont you report MODS to remove Reviews from your thread as its a sales thread NOT a review thread

THIS FUKING THREAD IS PISSING ME OFF... YOU ACT LIKE IF A HOST DOESNT HAVE WJUNCTION, THEY CANT SURVIVE....

STFU AND JUST MOVE ON. ITS A FORUM, HOSTS COME AND GO, YOU CANT DO A DAM THING ABOUT IT... YOU CAN "VERIFY" IT ALL YOU WANT, BUT IN THE END ITS A WASTE OF TIME.....

/end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back