Status
Not open for further replies.

Occult

I have been interested in this sector for over a month or two and noticed, that when I first came here, there were not as many Hosting Companies as there is now

What bothers me is that, when a good quality provider is already here, other small, fly by the night companies come up and get the customers away.

People who are in it, know it very well that services can be very cheap, but what creates the difference is the quality of service that the provider will give, not only the speed or downtime of the server. A same DC always sells with the same price, unless you have a special deal with them.

What I am trying to say is, what is the point of jamming up the hosting section with providers who joined WJ a few days back. So what, if their domain is years old, doesn't mean they will provide high quality services,or at least give people what they pay for or not scam them.

I suggest as we have a market place for server selling, why not make it a bit more standard. Only the mods don't have to be included in it. The respected members, or people who are trusted here can join in and give only minutes a day to help others out. Check the WHMCS, or maybe check the server quality, or maybe some thing else too.

When a client buys a server by seeing the cleaned out threads with ONLY good reviews and sees that the service is crap after buying it, the only thing they get from the host is, 'You didn't read our TOs and policy, we don't refund' and this and that.

We call ourselves a community, I think we better start behaving like one by helping each other out, as people who are here for short term will be filtered out.

Thanks for reading it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
89 comments
How many people will the mods check? They are humans too, not some coded bots. They can keep an eye on things, but we can follow a chain of command to make it right.

Or maybe change the permissions of the section, only companies who are interested to sell here can apply and get verified and then make a thread.

Just a thought

Last edited:
How many people will the mods check? They are humans too, not some coded bots. They can keep an eye on things, but we can follow a chain of command to make it right.

Or maybe change the permissions of the section, only companies who are interested to sell here can apply and get verified and then make a thread.

Just a thought

thats a good point +1....:)

nice point
but the mods should still check out the threads and test the hosts as they are respected as well

how? we all have a offline life and our own websites to worry about. We have jobs and friends. Sometimes we like to do non-work things online too. Last time I checked, I wasn't a coded bot that can do 1000 things a minute online.

Dear Stewie, nice thoughts!

There is already a thread "scam hosts" so I guess mods are doing their jobs. If we only try to locate WHMCS or other billing address, it can prove somehow some credibility along with server speed. Why not all hosts should offer mods one month or 15 days FREE TRIAL to check their service and in the end, mods should make a thread or section of 'good or wj approved hosts' or assign hosts some rating below their user names? What do you people think about it?

Last edited:
There can be one problem, just like the past. When there was Trusted Host rank, people who got it abused it. So I am expecting some other ideas too.

Also, the mods and admins shud select some members who have a life instead of scamming and abusing

Why not all hosts should offer mods one month or 15 days FREE TRIAL to check their service and in the end, mods should make a thread or section of 'good or wj approved hosts' or assign hosts some rating below their user names? What do you people think about it?

+ I agree

flex202

Yes you will agree coz you were not here when there was a trusted host rank and you did not even see how people who got it used to abuse it, at least thats what I have heard from others.

I suggest, the respected members should be brought in to help the mods for this, at least the ones who are willing to help. A hundred hosts with not so good service aint better than ten with good service.

Thanks

My opinion : Most of the companies that run away are unregistered and have nothing to lose when the run and that is why they run. I see many companies who have all their information hidden, no company registration and ofcourse no one knows that who's running the company, that person ofcourse has nothing to lose and can run easily.

I would recommend that mods should check company registration, address of the owner or the company first and not let the company sell anything here before that (just like probation). I can personally name over 10 companies on WJunction who are not registered and no one notices/cares about it.

HostHatch,

I agree with you, however there aren't many of us that are actually legally registered entities so you're more than likely only going to be left with 2-3 companies!

10? Unregistered? Max people over here don't even start with any knowledge of servers and say 'we will learn over time, as we will butt fuck people with our super noob skills'

And most hosts don’t tell the truth they claim to colocate when they only have 3 servers, I won’t mention no names but unlike most clients that know not the truth the higher knowledge people do. if you can’t as a host be honest then why are you trying to sell services? if you are true & honest you don’t need to lie or make shit up have a back bone be honest let your honesty take you places not your shit that you spew to "reel in clients" not everyone is a ISP just to boast to their friends, 0ccul7 you have very valid points and yes several other people do too but these overnight hosts make it hard for clients to trust genuine ISP's

Taking in commission is not what Host Companies do. I think too many people have got scammed over this thing.

I will be expecting an Admin to come on this topic and post their views and all others who have any thing to say about it

Just a WJ well wisher

Thanks a lot for the support guys

Last edited:
Get Scammed Once Shame on Company
Get Scammed Twice Shame on "HIM"

Him (Person who gets scammed again)

People Fall Before They Start Walking

its not like they are scamming more than $20(rare Case) per Person

As for the Backups Person is responsible for his backup thats y it is called backup to get his site Back UP

Many People Dont Register company who cares if u think he isnt registered dont buy, better than making Drama Threads to which staff may turn a Blind Eye

Things wont change people do that here and certainly they do over @ WHT / DP

People like this are everywhere just be smart

My opinion : Most of the companies that run away are unregistered and have nothing to lose when the run and that is why they run. I see many companies who have all their information hidden, no company registration and ofcourse no one knows that who's running the company, that person ofcourse has nothing to lose and can run easily.

I would recommend that mods should check company registration, address of the owner or the company first and not let the company sell anything here before that (just like probation). I can personally name over 10 companies on WJunction who are not registered and no one notices/cares about it.

WJ Staff Seems Quite on this topic as if they do apply this Rule most of Hosting Thread will be CLOSED/DELETED/"Marked as Probationary Host" which will affect on there Earning & Traffic.This webmaster forum is now only running on Sponsors which are MOSTLY Unregistered Companies,unknown & n00bs Administrators.

Hope you guys got the point !!

There are only few Hosting Companies on WJ which can be counted on fingers.If they want...they can do apply this rule with in 24 hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back