Shared HiloHost.com - cPanel Hosting 2$ (NL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if I where you id drop that $1 plan
as for the others well im honestly not sure what your competition is charging so im not really sure what it's worth
I did look at a VPS for $10 a month before joining you at $5
I would have to say though anyone should be willing/able to come upwith $10 a month
I chose the $5 plan because I couldn't amagin needing more bandwidth then that

Yes, as soon as I am resuming the services, there will no longer be any 1$ plan, I shall probably make the cheapest plan around 4$.

Let me on teamviewer this evening,

add my skype dill.chambers
msn dlow@live.com

im about to go out for a interview when i get back i will help you over teamviewer.

your a good guy and don't deserve the bullshit that goes a long with running a hosting company, its pathetic that some turd thats prob a banned member here on WJ is doing this.

I cant promise you a fix, but i can surly look into it and assist the best that i can if you accept.

<3

Thanks buddy, I've messaged you ^_^

I've got 5 things that I plan on doing, 3 of them are:

1) To test a new method
2) Hope to find a permanent solution.
3) See if DLow can fix the issue over TeamViewer when he is available.

Update:

The kernel has broken and to fix it I need to edit a file called sysctl.conf, which I can't do because it won't boot, Ecatel have told me the server won't start in recovery mode which means I have no option but to do a reinstall.

I believe it is likely that this means all data will be lost, even though I did say the data was fine (because it was), but it appears that it is no longer accessible.

I am going to be moving to a different data center that provides some sort of anti-ddos hardware as I can no longer stay at Ecatel, I will also be having to comply with DMCA notices.

Ecatel have said that they can use the drive as a secondary drive and let me access everyones files from there, which seems good, it will cost me 40 more euros though.

So when the server is back online, I won't be providing a large amount of compensation, as I have spent a very large amount of money in the past 16 or so days.

But at least we can access our files?=) I need at least the files in the folder /public_hmtl, I spent more than three weeks working on a custom template :'(, so I need those files, I need that template, I had no backup of that work, for it was only a couple of weeks that we came to a great fall of the server, and never thought we'd have another so soon. =), Is especially hard for me because I am very new to web programming things (XHTML, CSS3, PHP) I have made many changes to the template, that I can not remember which were and how she breaks just: :facepalm:, and if I have to start programming from scratch again I would take another month to redo the template.:facepalm:

In my case the database is not very important, only my stuff, at least the file styles.css :P

then we have to think that we have lost it all again? ? :facepalm:

Ecatel have said that they can use the drive as a secondary drive and let me access everyones files from there, which seems good, it will cost me 40 more euros though.

So when the server is back online, I won't be providing a large amount of compensation, as I have spent a very large amount of money in the past 16 or so days.

that is what I call great news:sun:

But at least we can access our files?=) I need at least the files in the folder /public_hmtl, I spent more than three weeks working on a custom template :'(, so I need those files, I need that template, I had no backup of that work, for it was only a couple of weeks that we came to a great fall of the server, and never thought we'd have another so soon. =), Is especially hard for me because I am very new to web programming things (XHTML, CSS3, PHP) I have made many changes to the template, that I can not remember which were and how she breaks just: :facepalm:, and if I have to start programming from scratch again I would take another month to redo the template.:facepalm:

In my case the database is not very important, only my stuff, at least the file styles.css :P

then we have to think that we have lost it all again? ? :facepalm:

I'll pay the 40 euros so the files will be recovered.

Update: I have bought another server at a different data center, files will be transferred to that server and restored there.

I'll pay the 40 euros so the files will be recovered.

Update: I have bought another server at a different data center, files will be transferred to that server and restored there.

Thasts great bro, thx a lot X-D, those dam themplate is very important to me, and if can recover, I would happy to pay for a more expensive hosting, but mi site is warez-linking so, if I cant do mi site in the new server letme now pls.

No problem, yes your site can stay, but you might have to remove a post or thread every now and then if the DMCA make a complaint and the data center forwards it to me.

Update: Ecatel are going to be doing the file restore process and after that I just have to wait for the new data center to E-Mail me the new server information.

actually kaless , you can try to salvage your style.css from your browsers cache ... did you use any particular app to edit your files ?

no I cant, I no use the browser for coding xhtml, php or css, I use Sublime text 2 with the FTP pluguin, thast allowme to edit the themplate files directly in the server and any change I made can be reflected on site imidiatly with F5, is like using coda in OSX, Sublime text is great for coding. thaste becose I no have a backup of those files, all work I made was on server.

Yes, all it means is that you have to delete the thread/post that is reported within 24 hours.
sounds like a Hell of alot to me

they have bots out sending DMCA's
could turn into a huge amount of work keeping up with it
and tare my collections apart

hate to say it but if you can no longer ignore DMCA's
then ill have to look for another host
im just to lazy to deal with that

I wont be asking for a refund though
you have enough grief to deal with

Thank you for your honesty and support, I am sorry for the inconvenience and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Update:

Still waiting on the new server from the other data center and still waiting on Ecatel to set up the hard drive in a new machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back