Status
Not open for further replies.
my fileserve account was disabled a few weeks ago,sent them emails for a reason,no reply and they are still removing funds for subscription.that is wrong,would like an explanation.

username:eddcubby

@RickyFS

Hello,

Please Activate my account.. Sent PM.. waiting for ur reply..

Suggestion: Please Give at-least ONE warning before Locking account... So that only we can be more careful for protecting account..

Well, there are a LOT of things that can reveal one's username and password. Here are a few (some obvious):

1. Allowing a third party access to said account (obvious)

2. Using a Proxy/Anonymizer-type site for access. This may SEEM safe, but really isn't. Your details (all of them) are logged on the proxy's server. SOME of these sites are operated by people who wish to retrieve your login details. This is actually LEGAL, since the user is volunteering his/her information to what is, essentially, a complete stranger. Keyloggers are unnecessary in these cases...

3. Keeping a written list of usernames/passwords in a public/readily accessible place. Also obvious, especially when at work OR at home with tech savvy minor children.

4. Allowing a BROWSER to save your login details. Browsers are routinely hacked, regardless of which brand(s) you use. This is particularly true if routinely downloading warez (even from trusted sources).

5. NOT running MULTIPLE virus scans after downloading/installing anything from a person you do not know personally... (obvious)

6. Making dang sure your virus scanners are FREQUENTLY updated (say, twice per day). Hackers are very adept at creating new sequences once their older ones are detected.

7. Periodically backup EVERYTHING important on your computer and then wipe your hard drive(s) at least twice a year (four times per year would be optimal). A reformat and clean install of your OS will prevent any undetected viruses/keyloggers/etc from using your system. Might be a PITA, but keeping your details safe should be worth it to you. This also goes for external drives...

These are just a few, as stated above. If you MUST keep a written list of your various account accesses, then I suggest putting it to Notepad and using TrueCrypt (for example) to protect the file.

Premium account access details to ANY filehost are routinely SOLD. It's really not that difficult to get hold of account details via third party sites (such as #2 above).

On slightly different matters:

It would be wise for FS to seriously consider a bit more security for questionable accounts. It would also be wise to link any suspensions to auto-cancel recurring payments AS WELL AS allowing self-cancellation for current account users (assuming abusers of such a system would be prevented from signing up again).

Please, folks, understand that FS is experiencing, right now, what are generally called "growing pains." They may have expected rapid growth, but I'm assuming that it turned out to be more than they dreamed. RickyFS might be caught in that unenviable business cycle where he is overwhelmed with necessary duties but not yet rakes in enough regular business income to sustain full time employees to handle customer service. From experience, I know how difficult customers can be.

Be patient, and understand the above points (and more). The Internet is still the Wild West. There are a myriad of ways to compromise someone who thinks they're safe.

This is ergintav talking on behalf of yvzrgntv

Argh.....:(

I do explore Internet through a one of these modems (BPL) through electrical wires of my flat. The point is the service provider does not have an IP pool and and whole building is assigned one static IP. That is the data is allowed to go each home through through a gateway and BPL modems of different MAc addresses.

This results in some problems:
  1. if there exists any people in other flats downloading from any service (in my case Fileserve) I can not download anything till they finish their download. so today I decided to buy a Fileserve premium account just an hour ago and completed the process.
  2. surprisingly I saw that I can't download anything. -(landing error)Asked the problem to my brother living (yvzrgntv-one of the newest members of this forum) two flats up since he had a Fileserve premium account.
  3. more surprisingly he said he can't use his account too. and added he asked some people from Fileserve (RickyFS) about his situation and he responded to him asking his IP and user name. and he PM'd his information and waiting for the result.
  4. well I think his account was probably disabled because he started some download in the office and started another one at home through another IP while the first one still continues at the office. And as far as I understand this was considered to be a login-password share. but this is no good reason. my bro was fan of movies and probably he started some big download in the office and continued to download some other at home. this can easily be checked through his statistics at fileserve. I don't think he shared his info with anyone. even I don't know his login details.
  5. I am not a newbie as my brother. and I think this should be some kind of IP/User block. the point is although I just purchased a new Premium account I can't use it. the interesting point is that I can upload but I can't download
  6. Sooo, what I will say is: It wont be very hard to see that mine was a new premium subscription-(What RickyFS could easily do is to check the status and statistics of my totally new account)-
  7. Finally : What I ask is either a working account or a refund for my younger brother and surely for me.
My username is: ergintav
and my IP is what my brother "yvzrgntv" PM'd to RickyFS.

I will be waiting for any response..

Last edited:
I too are having exactly the same problem, but i cannot download from work office or from home computers. I have contacted RickyFS with IP Address and username, i await for his reply. My account expires in August 2012 :(

thanks very much RickyFS

thanks. its going right now...

I am OK with my account with username ergintav.

But regarding my earlier post #105, remember by brother upstairs with user name ozgenburak.

I am somehow curious aboıut his account since he is going to use his own account with the same IP because all BPL internet users in the building will use the same IP but diffrent MAC addresses. I understand it won't be problematic if he uses his account from office but at home he has got no alternative.

Will this condition (two different users accessing internet through the same IP) result in the violation of TOS?

Thanks for the support.

By the way is there any daily download limit? I'm asking this question since some users are complaining about disabled accounts just after 11 GB .

And both FSM and Jdownloader works like charm:)

Last edited:
Hi Ricky my account too has been disabled since1 week ago at least. My username is "machineoperator"
and I never shared my account with anyone at all. Please reactive my account. My subscription ends only July 2012

i'm new here, and i'm a little bit confuse, here's my question:
1. what exactly "account disabled" mean? coz i still can login to my account as premium but got that landing 612 error thing, does it mean my account disabled?
2. i have a dynamic ip connection at home, and i usualy use my account at my office (at night) while i'm using it at home too, is that legal ?
3. i usualy got that 612 error at home, with/without premium, i thought it would disappear after using premium acc, but it didnt, i wonder it bcoz my dynamic ip or is it something else ?
btw i live in indonesia and is it secure to write my login name here ?

thank you

To: RickyFS Re: FileServe account banned

Dear RickyFS,

I've just told that my account on FileServe is banned and I should contact you regarding that issue. Can you help me with that since I have no idea why is it my account is banned? I just renewed my subscription for 6 months. My account name: creativedrew

Thanks a lot in advance.

drew

I am new here and have just been advised by Fileserve that my account has been disabled due to violations. I do not have any idea why. I only have a few files stored there, and primarily only use the site for premium downloading.
I do not share my account!
I have sent an email to them requesting information about what I have allegedly done wrong, but as yet have not received any reply.
I found this site on google and have seen other people having the same problem. I don't know if you are able to help, my user name with Fileserve is amf00769

Hi Ricky,

My account was just disabled and I would like your assistance. My username is lamb4283.

The only thing I can think of that caused this is downloading to my home and my work in the same day (two cities about 40 miles apart but same state). I hope we can resolve this situation.

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back