VPS EU Offshore VPS: 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB HD, 100 Mbps UL, Free Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try all of these suggestions. It would have been nice if your support would have thought to suggest this instead of saying:

01-d86e086244.jpg

Not much "support" here

Your VPS is unmanaged as you are using plain Ubuntu. So you have to manage issues on your own or use the control panel for reboot/reinstall, etc. There is nothing you can not solve on your own using the VPS management panel, and also there are instant control panel installation features including cPanel.

Correct, speed will vary. Say 10 users are all downloading at high speeds at that time, you will get less speed at that time. It is not possible to provide dedicated unmetered bandwidth at that price, it is mentioned bandwidth is shared.

Web server also affects speed.

Speeds do vary. Even during different times of day.

The server provider might throttle the speed at (semi) peak times. Also Rapidshare has its peak times.

You might experiment with the Rapidshare bandwidth providers in the Rapidshare Setting page.

To get a good idea of the average speed, you have to take samples at at least 4 different times a day (every six hours).

Furthermore, I like to repeat my following quote:
'Due to experiences by myself and a horde of others, trust your money to WebT on a month to month basis.'

But Woja, why do you read this forum if you ignore fellow members' advice?

With already (at last) two people asking for refunds, I wonder if WebT really cleared up their act.

Furthermore, I think it should be reasonable to ask for a refund. If you upgrade during the first month, then actually the second payment is a supplement to the first.

I'll still vouch for Openservers.net ....

The server provider might throttle the speed at (semi) peak times. Also Rapidshare has its peak times.

You might experiment with the Rapidshare bandwidth providers in the Rapidshare Setting page.

To get a good idea of the average speed, you have to take samples at at least 4 different times a day (every six hours).

'Due to experiences by myself and a horde of others, trust your money to WebT on a month to month basis.'

With already (at last) two people asking for refunds, I wonder if WebT really cleared up their act.

Furthermore, I think it should be reasonable to ask for a refund. If you upgrade during the first month, then actually the second payment is a supplement to the first.

Yeah well I had the LVE-01 for a week and thought the speeds were quite good all around. I felt a huge drop in speeds IMMEDIATELY after "upgrading" and straight away complained.
I think that this should count as a "first payment" since I bought a different product which was grossly oversold.

Screenshot of this morning's marvelous upload speeds.
01-d62499eb75.jpg

Where do you find 2 people? He is the only one whose request was denied since that was not the first payment.

I can prove 150 KB/s maximum DL speed is a lie.

And he is using much more resources than the basic plan he had earlier.

"I felt a huge drop in speeds IMMEDIATELY after "upgrading" and straight away complained." -- The crow sits on the tree and at the same time the fruit falls down. Does that mean the crow made the fruit fall?

You will not benefit moving around since speed will vary greatly at different times.

OMG YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

These are 3 screenshots in the last minute.
This is the only thing I'm downloading with PREMIUM Rapidshare.
The only other process running right now is Torrentflux which is seeding at 250k/sec

01-e019f0bb31.jpg

02-de6c3ca592.jpg

03-9bce436595.jpg

I'm downloading this right now.
Bentink take a look if you don't believe me.

OK. I tried downloading the file using a different Rapidshare premium account, through a different Rapidshare server.

01-9aac6f8057.jpg

I also tried downloading it using my own personal internet line and I'm getting speeds of 600K/sec

30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Your satisfaction is our top priority.
WebT Hosting offers an unconditional hassle-free 30 day money back guarantee with all our shared, reseller and VPS hosting plans.
Quoted from:
http://www.webthosting.com/hosting/knowledgebase/73/30-Day-Money-Back-Guarantee.html

So if someone is not happy with the VPS and he hasnt been on it for 30 days, I think its just good to return the money :)

Heh. That's very interesting.
I originally joined WebT on 21/12 which is 7 days ago. How exactly do I not qualify for a refund UNDER YOUR OWN TOC?

6.) Cancellations and Refunds
WebT Hosting reserves the right to cancel your account at any time with/without notice.
We believe in professional communication, no matter what the issue is. We will not tolerate any abusive behavior, abusive language or threats against us. Any abuse or threaten in any medium or format will result in the immediate suspension/termination of your services without a refund.
Customers may cancel at any time from the client area. WebT Hosting gives you a 30 day money back guarantee on shared hosting, reseller hosting and VPS for any customer who paid with 2CheckOut or with Paypal.

Well i tried myself today and got speeds upto 10-11 Mb/s which is good.

Remember if say 5 people or more are downloading at the same time you will get slower speeds at that time. So speeds depend on node to node and time to time.

You are doing auto-DL of multiple files, speed will of course decrease.

WebT Hosting gives you a 30 day money back guarantee on shared hosting, reseller hosting and VPS for any customer who paid with 2CheckOut or with Paypal.

There is no mention there about upgrades or anything else. You just DECIDED now that upgrades are not included. You don't have any mention of it anywhere. Pretty convenient.

I wonder what Paypal will say about that.

And you people are blind i guess, I did not mean for offense please :)

9.) Money back Guarantee
On dedicated servers no full refund will be honored -- the 30 day money back guarantee does not apply. We reserve the right to refund a prorated amount or no refund at all.
Each of WebT Hosting's shared, reseller and VPS plans listed on our site carries a 30 day money back guarantee except any custom-made plan. Any custom-made plan is not eligible for a refund. If you are not completely satisfied with our services within the first 30 days of your signup, you will be given a refund excluding domain registration charges (and/or any transaction and/or setup charges if applicable). The refund policy only applies to your first invoice paid to us, and not on any subsequent invoice. Remember, this is only for shared or reseller or VPS packages and does not apply to dedicated servers, administrative fees, installation fees for custom software, or domain name purchases.

I will tell you one thing, if you want dedicated 100 mbps all the times, expect to pay hundreds to be the cheapest price. Else get shared at these prices, you can not get dedicated at these prices.

How much speed you get at your home and for what money? Ask yourself. Is BW that cheap?

You can not expect constant 10 MB/s above at these prices.

Though here is a video during off-peak hours:

http://www.webthosting.com/video/rl2a.htm

I also tried downloading it using my own personal internet line and I'm getting speeds of 600K/sec

Try to download from rapidshare to US server, you will get 300 KB/s, not more. You are yet to know more about speeds. It depends on many factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back