VPS EU Offshore VPS: 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB HD, 100 Mbps UL, Free Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I WISH I COULD GET 300KB/S ON YOUR STUPID SERVERS!!

I tried using a test file download from
Code:
http://www.linode.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2636
untitled-85e9d66e90.jpg

Also, I changed the Rapidshare settings so that it downloads only from Deutsche Telekom (in Germany)

02-b99bc17181.jpg

Here are the results:
03-a15a4bce82.jpg

Why would I lie about this? If I was unhappy with the speeds before, why would I upgrade and pay for 6 months in advance?!!

As soon as I committed to you and you got $133, you said to yourselves, well I've got his money, why bother giving him service or speeds.

I really looks like you're capping my server to 0.15 MBit or something.

As for the autotransloading before - it lists a large number of files, but only downloads them 1 at a time.

Right now I'm not downloading or uploading anything else. Torrentflux has been stopped.

As for your "Support" team. They offer NO SUPPORT WHATSOEVER.
All they say towards these abysmal speeds is that "SPEEDS MAY VARY"
What kind of stupid "support" related answer is that? 5KB/sec is not acceptable no matter what time of day or how congested your line is, even if I was downloading files from The People's Republic of Congo.

I've also tried using an RS2RS script to check speeds, and I get the exact same results.

Also you are completely ignoring this line in your TOC which is VERY CLEAR:
If you are not completely satisfied with our services within the first 30 days of your signup, you will be given a refund excluding domain registration charges

You have even written in big bold letters in the first post of this thread "30 day money back guarantee". Nothing about 1st or 2nd or 3rd invoice

MY VPS IS NOW OFFICIALLY UNUSABLE DUE TO ABYSMALLY SLOW 56K SPEEDS

Lol

Well I was considering using you service but now I see your just another guy who likes to hide behind a terms of service..

I don't see any reason why you would need to enforce that part of your terms of service, I think its obvious that you don't have the money to refund.
You are sitting here defending something, a true defense is "fine you dont like it, heres your money".

I don't see why you would even argue, I really don't.
The only reason your sitting here hiding behind a terms of service is the fact that guy gave you so much money in advance and you really don't wanna part with it.
I doubt you would have a issue if it was only 20$.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that until I read what this guy is posting, I was gonna signup, I only reged here to ask why its 14$/month instead of 7$, but anyway dont bother now, you are obviously a crap provider.

There is no cap. When an user downloads at 12 MB/s what is left for others?

Agreeing to the terms is a legal contract. I never promised you will get so and so speed.

At darknight, stop your crap comments and go away. It is our decision what is there in the terms.

I will try to check speed again right now on a different VPS and get back.

Just a short update, someone is using the entire bandwidth all the time but can not detect now. He will be detected soon. It is better to cap so that all users get good speed. I will think to cap users soon so that everyone gets good speed ALL THE TIME.

Nice to finally see you admit that I am not LYING about the server being so slow.
This is something that support should have checked when I first opened the ticket.

Nice to finally see you admit that I am not LYING about the server being so slow.
This is something that support should have checked when I first opened the ticket.

It is not slow all the time. After detecting the abuser I will cap everyone to avoid this issue.

Last time i checked i got good speeds.

And just as an update $125 for 8 months LVE-02 is a very cheap price as you are saying it all the time.

Bentink, if you don't want to use it because speeds are slow or Webt can't control the other users, 125 dollars is 125 dollars too much.

My previous experiences proof that your terms of conditions are your holy cow. You even change them during the contract (I still vividly remember how you changed the 'host anything you want' to many restrictions). Even the quota of the packages were changed without permission of the involved customers.

At first you didn't want to refund my money because I considered a Paypal dispute. After I opened the dispute, surprisingly the money was refunded immediately 'in good trust'.

To give you the benefit of the doubt, I propose that we appoint an independent tester which gives an unbiased review. If necessary, I offer to be that person. Then we'll find who's correct .. you or the customers.

Bentink, if you don't want to use it because speeds are slow or Webt can't control the other users, 125 dollars is 125 dollars too much.

My previous experiences proof that your terms of conditions are your holy cow. You even change them during the contract (I still vividly remember how you changed the 'host anything you want' to many restrictions). Even the quota of the packages were changed without permission of the involved customers.

At first you didn't want to refund my money because I considered a Paypal dispute. After I opened the dispute, surprisingly the money was refunded immediately 'in good trust'.

To give you the benefit of the doubt, I propose that we appoint an independent tester which gives an unbiased review. If necessary, I offer to be that person. Then we'll find who's correct .. you or the customers.

First of all I never advertised "Rapidleech Hosting". When someone downloads from RS at high speed, what do you expect others to get at that time? Port speed is not unlimited.

If you want dedicated connection, pay hundreds to thousands per month. You will pay less and then complain about speeds? This is my message to woja. Woja, expect what you are paying for, not more not less. If a shared 100 mbps is shared by more than 10 VPS, each VPS gets less than 10 mbps, that is downloading speed of less than 1.3 MB/s. And on each VPS if not only 1 user uses RS, so calculate the speed at peak time. It can even drop to 20 KB/s at peak time when there are a lot of users. And at off-peak hours you can get more speed.

If your main intention is to get HIGH download speeds on Rapidlech 24x7 and similar do not signup here, as we can not provide you dedicated 100 mbps unmetered at $20. When one user downloads at 11 MB/s +, it practically eats up the entire line.

After this bitter experience I was forced to cap everyone so that each gets moderate speed. If you are looking to host your website (any kind) except Rapidleech or Torrents, you will be happy here.

TOS modification date is written. A PDF version is also there, you can download the pdf and keep it to see what is changed later.

90% of Paypal disputes are not refunded.

Well, it's logical that the 100MBit line is shared. The question is how many people you're selling this same line to.
If you're overselling and putting 1000 people on the same one line then that's just wrong and results in very slow speeds.
There is a very large speed variation. I'm not asking to have my own constant 100Mbps line, but I would expect at least something better than a typical home internet connection, which is something that is not provided here during around 30% of the time.

Last night the speeds did indeed pick up, for about 12 hours, and then plummeted back to the crawling speeds I showed here yesterday.
Speeds have gone back down to that now again sadly.

Right now I'm uploading 4 files, at a combined speed less than 500KB/sec.
Absolutely ridiculous.

Can you specify how many people share the 100Mbit line?

Look at me i'm bentik and i always have a excuse for everything.

If you know webthosting its gonna be a lot!

Well, it's logical that the 100MBit line is shared. The question is how many people you're selling this same line to.
If you're overselling and putting 1000 people on the same one line then that's just wrong and results in very slow speeds.
There is a very large speed variation. I'm not asking to have my own constant 100Mbps line, but I would expect at least something better than a typical home internet connection, which is something that is not provided here during around 30% of the time.

Last night the speeds did indeed pick up, for about 12 hours, and then plummeted back to the crawling speeds I showed here yesterday.
Speeds have gone back down to that now again sadly.

Right now I'm uploading 4 files, at a combined speed less than 500KB/sec.
Absolutely ridiculous.

Divide the cost of a 100 mbit line and you will get the answer yourself. A dedicated 100 mbit line costs a few hundreds at the cheapest places (more than $300-400). Divide that by your cost, and you will see you are getting good speeds.

And I can not restrict people to number user per VPS, so in a particular VPS there can be 100 users also. If there are 10 such VPS, total users is 1000. There can be no guarantee about speeds.

Yesterday someone was using the entire 100 mbit, so I capped him. If 1 user also downloads at 11 MB/s, the others get nothing.

Can you at least answer then how many VPS you have per 100Mbit line?

It's funny that speeds were NEVER this slow during the first week before I upgraded and extended the account an additional 6 months.

Very convenient for you

Can you at least answer then how many VPS you have per 100Mbit line?

It's funny that speeds were NEVER this slow during the first week before I upgraded and extended the account an additional 6 months.

Very convenient for you

Slowing of speed has nothing to do with plan upgrade, you are taking it the wrong way friend. The only reason may be that less people used RL during that time. As a note 500 KB/s at peak hours is considered to a good speed for normal web hosting.

Tell me logically what you expect for that amount when a 100 mbit line costs that much? Provide you the entire line dedicated for the amount you pay? (Your home connection ISP gets bandwidth MUCH MUCH cheaper than us, compare with it and see at what price they sell) It is a wrong idea than home connection is costlier, and bandwidth at datacenter is water-cheap.

The same ISP providing connection at home provides to the datacenter. From the datacenter we get it. And from us, you get it. So 2 extra middle-man are involved. But still ISP charges higher for home connection, it is only for they make MAXIMUM profit from home connections.

And woja, if you want better speeds I can upgrade you to GigE (1 Gbps) port for free. In that case you will have 1 TB free traffic per month. Let me know if you prefer that. It is not that you have paid in advance so we decreased speed, you are thinking it wrong.

I don't understand what you were offering with the 1 Gbps port with 1TB traffic.

What does that mean? does this mean I will have better speeds for the first 1TB of traffic each month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back