Can you live without the Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froomple

Yup, it has become am inevitable part of our lives. I've been trying to avoid using it at all costs, but still end up using it in one way or the other. Thanks to the latest technologies that provides instant access to internet wherever you are.

My question is, can you really live without the internet in this modern era? If you do, would you feel alienated?

Or is it just about our self control that needs to be worked upon?

190 comments
This is a debate, I'd like to see elaborate answers instead of one-liners. I know its tough to live without the internet, its not a yes/no poll, its a discussion :)

I guess i can, I think i can. Maybe i can't. I don't know. [pokerface]
I remember freaking out when i didn't have Internet access for 2 weeks last year. It was bad.
Entertainment at Home was on Pause.

It would be a very big impact for me to have no internet, but of course human beings are tough creatures. We can even live without vehicles and peace. We're vile creatures at our worst.

Cannot live without the internet.

Business would be non-existent.
Communications would lack.
Knowledge would be decreased.
MapQuest would be obsolete, as well as any GPS navigation.
iPhone wouldn't be the same.
Tablets would exist.

Life would be much more healthy, but much less comfortable.

People would be jumping off of towers and bridges every second of the day.

I guess i can, I think i can. Maybe i can't. I don't know. [pokerface]
I remember freaking out when i didn't have Internet access for 2 weeks last year. It was bad.
Entertainment at Home was on Pause.

That's the problem being faced by people like us these days.. We are unable to control ourselves. The internet has made us its slaves. Not sure how many can recover from this addiction. I'm sure it'll be very difficult for me., but nothing's impossible.

Why not ?? ofcourse i would say yes !! It gives time to think abt urself !!

You failed to explain how it'd affect you life. Can you really sustain for a long time without the influence of the Internet?

It would be a very big impact for me to have no internet, but of course human beings are tough creatures. We can even live without vehicles and peace. We're vile creatures at our worst.

Yes, that's a very good point. But Life would become a lot difficult if we don't have Internet access. I mean, how would life be without complete access to Internet.

Cannot live without the internet.

Business would be non-existent.
Communications would lack.
Knowledge would be decreased.
MapQuest would be obsolete, as well as any GPS navigation.
iPhone wouldn't be the same.
Tablets would exist.

Life would be much more healthy, but much less comfortable.

People would be jumping off of towers and bridges every second of the day.

So true. But isn't it surprising that people had a less stressful life earlier (Without the Internet) ?

People used to lead a happy/worry-free life. No tension, no ego, no commitments, no greediness. All those days are gone now. People are a lot different now. They are always aiming at the $$$'s, instead of a good and happy life.

I still have times when i live without internet (its voluntary and i can just hop on anytime i want to) for a couple of months straight ..so no addiction here ....

I still have times when i live without internet (its voluntary and i can just hop on anytime i want to) for a couple of months straight ..so no addiction here ....

Its not only about accessing Internet from your computer/mob/tablet. What about other important aspects of life? Like Internet Banking? E-Mail? ATM? Can you live without them for 2 months?

i can live i have allot of work to do in my real life ...........

I really dislike people differentiating our lives in such a way. the Internet is for real. Use the term "Away From Keyboard" instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back