Best Image Host for Warez Sites

What is the Best Image Host for Warez Sites ?

• CDNPIC

Votes: 30 10.5%
  • LulzImg ~ Dead

Votes: 187 65.2%
  • ImageShack

Votes: 70 24.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You clearly have no experience running an image host if you're saying you don't need powerhouses to run the image host. On the contrary, running an image host is quite the expensive task if you allow hotlinking images.

/thread

Go with imagehosts that have been up for a while such as imgur or imageshack.

That is all.

You don't know what will happen to those small image hosting sites once it gets enough traffic and I don't think you can use the word 'reliable' for small image hosting sites.

He's saying it's quite literally an image host that only stores images, but does not serve them. In which case, it's not even relevant to the entire thread.

There is just nothing even close to being correct in what you just said. The fact somebody clicked like baffles me.

Good to know I can get rid of some of my expensive dedicated servers and drop down to a small VPS though :) Right?
I was talking about the traffic...

Exactly, Rodney. It's when people actually start to hotlink them will you see the 'adverse' effects, so to say. That's what Jesse has been trying to tell you here. Hotlinking is not as easy as it appears to be. Hotlinking traffic is the kind you cannot monetize and it costs a lot to sustain.

Oh, I didn't know that's what he meant.. But surely there's servers out there that allow unlimited traffic? And I've yet to experience it, I'd rather see how it goes with hotlinking and see what they are like after a month or what ever after heavy traffic. It's just hard to get the traffic as everyone uses imgur etc.

Also I don't know if you know this, but I'm going to ask, how come imgur doesn't make any money but the likes of tinypic and photobucket do? Is it adds or packages? I know you had lulz, may I ask a personal question, how much was the server you was using so I can get an idea?

Unlimited traffic is not 'enough'. Once you start growing you'll realize that having unlimited traffic is far from your primary concern. Serving images is a resource intensive task; you have to take into consideration the software (web server), the hardware (drives), etc. My point being - once you start growing, you'll realize it's not as white and black as it appears to be from the outside.

Imgur does make money; they've never been in a loss, except once. They use ads, like anyone else. Ads and premium memberships. Lulz is hosted across 3 servers at the moment. They're used to serve the images and cost around $750/month to maintain.

however....LT you did a gr8 job.....even you can do tht premium options and adds on Lulz........the only host i was using but now searching for new host.......the tool which was in tht lulzimg we can't forget tht.......
in simple word You were and u are d best......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back