• FilePost

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other (please comment!)

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thedossetup

Which is thebest file host for just storing files online (as backup)?

Requirements: (for premium)
+Unlimited storage space.
+Unlimited storage time.
+NO xfs script (I don't trust sites with that script).
+Option to share files with friends.
+Atleast web upload and remote upload.
+Doesn't remove files due to DMCA for files with are not shared (private files).

I found 4 sites which meet the requirements: :)
1. RapidShare
2. FileFactory
3. PutLocker
4. FilePost

Please use the poll above to vote. If you know any other sites (or just want to share your experience about any site) please leave a comment below. Please also tell why.
Thanks!

Last edited:
17 comments
Filefactory is not unlimited like Rapid. They have fair usage policy and hide what the average is so they can restrict you whenever they want. Also their servers are unreliable.
In the future no one will offer unlimited. Not even Mediafire offers it anymore.

unlimited inactive storage
-------------
Megashares
Rapidshare

Unlimited storage but no sharing
----------------
FileJungle
Uploadstation

Unlimited but will delete if DMCA
----------
Hotfile

Non-verified Unlimited
--------------
slingfile
Cramit.in
Bayfiles

Not unlimited but largest storage of 10TB
--------------
Bitshare
Freakshare

Really the best thing to do is use LiveDrive

Last edited:
1FICHIER
but files will be deleted after 90 days, due to inactive
and files never deleted due to copyrights !!!!, but also don't publish it as a step of care

FileVelocity, their reward system is basically non existant but you get PPD which makes the account self sustaining if you get 1000 downloads a month (not exactly hard) and you can just renew account, it's remote upload speed is insane (65,000 KB/s average incoming from 2leech) (20,000 KB/s average incoming from Netload) and when it says storage unlimited. Well im at 10TB atm and not a single issue.

RG is just fabulous. register and earn according to your traffic.

[mod]Ref Links not allowed[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
I also started recently with online backup on rapidshare
but they deleted some of the files i uploaded (copyright protection....)
I prefer rapidshare because of speed and i think if you are looking for long life hoster rapidshare is the best.
Only protection i found is to Hjsplit files, rar password protect them and use Long Path Tool after. then you can be sure your files will stay online and protected.
Still im not 100% sure if this is bulletproof

I was using Putlocker to backup my files, none of them were posted, some of them were copyrighted stuff, but it was just for backup, and yet, they still banned my premium account and are now blocking my ip address. This was about 20 days after I purchased a 6 month premium account, and they refused to refund my money.

I chose Filefactory as my safe haven to store my files and I don't post any of them. I used that promo where they have $39 for one year. Just go to FF's premium page then add /promo to it and hit enter.

Last edited:
Filefactory is not unlimited like Rapid. They have fair usage policy and hide what the average is so they can restrict you whenever they want. Also their servers are unreliable.
In the future no one will offer unlimited. Not even Mediafire offers it anymore.

-------------
Megashares
Rapidshare

----------------
FileJungle
Uploadstation

----------
Hotfile

Non-verified Unlimited
--------------
slingfile
Cramit.in
Bayfiles

--------------
Bitshare
Freakshare

Nice list. :)

I also started recently with online backup on rapidshare
but they deleted some of the files i uploaded (copyright protection....)
I prefer rapidshare because of speed and i think if you are looking for long life hoster rapidshare is the best.
Only protection i found is to Hjsplit files, rar password protect them and use Long Path Tool after. then you can be sure your files will stay online and protected.
Still im not 100% sure if this is bulletproof

Did you share the files at all?

Hi,
I tried to upload around 300gb to filecloud.io, yesterday I checked my acc and all files were deleted. Support told me because of copyrighted materials in my account. I didn´t share them. Answer: "Hence why we have private storage option not public, all these files were public."
He has shown me two files and deleted everything...

I was using Putlocker to backup my files, none of them were posted, some of them were copyrighted stuff, but it was just for backup, and yet, they still banned my premium account and are now blocking my ip address. This was about 20 days after I purchased a 6 month premium account, and they refused to refund my money.

Same here. Yesterday I'm also redirected to tihs page: http://www.putlocker.com/banned.php
And they still owe me the money of one month premium.

This filehost turns into a bitch now and sucks your money even it's only some dollars. It's the worst file host to backup you files. Don't waste time and your money to use it. I cannot say a file host doesn't pay affiliates is sc*m; however, a file host bans premium members for fun like FileServe must be a sc*m host undoubtedly.

I have the same file contents and folder structures in Hotfile without any problems. You guys know Hotfile adopts the most strict banning policy and I can survive there, so I'm sure it doesn't cause any problems to PutLocker, but they banned me.

If someday they want to come back, I will pay for Google AdWords to reveal their notorious hehavior.

Last edited:

-------------
Megashares
Rapidshare

----------------
FileJungle
Uploadstation

----------
Hotfile

Non-verified Unlimited
--------------
slingfile
Cramit.in
Bayfiles

--------------
Bitshare
Freakshare

can you specify each one of them is available for premium and ready for remote upload?

use rapidshare with rapidrive option,i got almost 5 terabyte music and tv show,use it only for remote upload to other filehost not for share rapid links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back