Ask Smith! (Fitness, Bodybuilding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I want to tone my arms & make bulgy biceps. For that I've been using dumbbells (4kg each) and doing the dumbbell exercise (the normal one) for days. I do almost 60-80 per day. But still my biceps have not grown.

Oh, my diet is a waste and I'm 100% vegetarian. I eat less but I'm not skinny. I'm 6'3" and weigh 80kg :p so you can imagine I'm healthy lol (not fat)

Just so I wanted to make biceps so that my large chest & tummy will look neutral with my thick arms. As currently my chest & stomach are large :p

EDIT:
I have never been to any gym nor I have consulted any Nutritionist. Just a lay guy :p

8 lb each hand is not a lot you need to step up.
thats why you do at 3 times week so you try your hardest to feel the pain

Do not do everyday you want to do every thing so you look better.
you want biceps, triceps , chest arms shoulders legs.

You don't have to do them everyday 3 times a week. your workout should be every other day.

you should do cardio every morning for 30-1hr after drinking water

what do you have at home?

Let's wait for Smith lol

Good Luck

EDIT

You need protein

You can't eat meat so

Nuts
Milk
Eggs
Or you could go with Protein Shake

I'm worried about my tummy here, it get's bigger and bigger. lol
is curl ups at home for about 15 mins everday enough?.. I do jogging everyother day though but no changes. I sit infront on computer all day :D

is curl ups at home for about 15 mins everday enough?.. I do jogging everyother day though but no changes. I sit infront on computer all day :D

Curl ups does not remove fat from your stomach it just makes your abs stronger to show or make it look better. Do curl ups every other day.

Drink water in the morning go for a jog everday for an 30 min - 1 hr.

and eat healty.
go out side for a walk
do more outside activity

First of all thank you for your questions guys! Okay let's see..

^Thank You. I'm trying out that hip hop abs DVD. do you think it's worth trying? :P

You are welcome. Hmm I never heard about hip hop abs DVD. Googled and to be honest it's a waste of money. It's not rocket science.

We all have abs it's just they are not be visible in your case as your bodyfat is high, so what you have to do is lower bodyfat.

How can you do that?
Simple, cut down the calories (check nutrition label on stuff you buy), increase protein and water in your diet and eat as many smaller meals per day, it will increase your metabolism aka your body will work much faster. Stay away from juices, sugars, candies etc. Not like you shouldn't eat them at all just don't pig out.

i got a quick question

im trying to loose the excess fat from quitting smoking and i am running 6km at 5:30AM before the gym opens what can i do in the gym for 45 mins to burn more calories besides all the normal carido machines e.g (rower- bike) as im sick of them.

Hello Zebono, that's very neat plan you got there. Cardio in the morning on the empty stomach is the best.

I don't know how much excess fat you have but note that nutrition is most important. You can run all day if you want but if you eat high calorie food all day, nothing will change.

I don't want to get into detail but you get the idea. Less bad food, more water, more smaller meals over the day and you will reach your goal very soon.

As for training. If you are a busy guy you could skip doing exercises for arms, shoulders, and so on and focus on legs, back and chest. Why? Because they will require a lot of muscles in the game and burn more calories.

Keep it up buddy!

Yes Mr smith is right

try to do cardio in the morning on empty stomach it will burn more fat. drink 3 glass of water in the morning and do cardio.

you could try this i have never tried but if you try this remember to drink more than 2l cold water.
and if you cold drink water your metabolism will not stop working.

cold water is the best because your body wastes energy trying to heat up the water and your metabolism never stops working
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LZ3oteEqBQ&feature=channel_video_title

Smith if you think this is wrong please tell me so i don't tell other people thank you

You are correct mate. Cardio right in the morning before first meal and everything else is the best. Thank you for helping.

Great thread, Smith! Any advice on a diet for a vegetarian? I don't want huge muscles but I definitely wouldn't mind to get my marked abs back. Thanks.

Thank you Kate. Hmmm vegetarian eh? That's tricky one. Most protein sources are from meat (fish, chicken, beef and so on). So getting protein and quality fat is the primary goal for you.

You could go with nuts (great protein and fat source), milk, soy, protein shakes. I cannot help you that much as I'm not a vegeterian but you can check this article.

Does Ab Doer work or its some scam? ive been thinking to buy it, as its only needed to use 10minutes/day.

Oh my, no no no. Please note that most commercials that sound too good are scam. For such money, even less I could coach you and give you programs that will really give you results.

It's just waste of money mate.

10 minutes per day is nothing and again even if you train for an hour, if diet is not right, nothing will happen.

hey i wanna gain height(primary) and weight(secondary).

recommend me some exercises and food practices.

thanks.

That's bit bigger question mate. Height can be increased but not much, it all depends on your genetic. You can contact me for private coaching per week, I will see where you are now, what is your goal and how to reach it.

hey i recently joined a gym near my house.I got to admit that they make me practice 2 hours a day,it over 10 days.NO body growth.Can u recommend some food nutrients to me that i should take?
BTW:my body pains a lot because i give it my best but no results...M a vegetarian

First of all 2 hours per day will lead to over training. I train 4 days per week and no more than 50 minutes per workout. Everything above 1 hour is not going to help, just a waste of time.

So lower training to 3, maybe 4 days per week and make sure you eat enough meat (fish, chicken, beef), eggs, milk, cheese as for carbs eat potatoes, pasta, rice and so on. Fish is very very good protein source as it's very low in fat and even that fat is healthy for you.

Also 3rd but not least is to rest enough, do not do anything hard if you train on same day because you might over train and that's not good. Sleep at least 8 hours per day and that's all you have to know for now. Goodluck.

Well, I want to tone my arms & make bulgy biceps. For that I've been using dumbbells (4kg each) and doing the dumbbell exercise (the normal one) for days. I do almost 60-80 per day. But still my biceps have not grown.

Oh, my diet is a waste and I'm 100% vegetarian. I eat less but I'm not skinny. I'm 6'3" and weigh 80kg :p so you can imagine I'm healthy lol (not fat)

Just so I wanted to make biceps so that my large chest & tummy will look neutral with my thick arms. As currently my chest & stomach are large :p

EDIT:
I have never been to any gym nor I have consulted any Nutritionist. Just a lay guy :p

Alright blaze mate first of all if you want big arms, bulking triceps will benefit much more as triceps (3 muscles/heads) is much larger muscle than biceps (2 muscles/heads). So if you want that mass on arms, I would focus more on triceps.

For triceps at home, not much you could do but, good old push ups will help for sure.

As for biceps, well biceps curls are good but 4kg won't do any good to be honest. You need to increase weight if you want to see some progress. You could build your own dumbbells from sand and water bottles or something (5-8kg), be creative. I would however, recommend to join gym. You will have all necessary machines there, in other words it will speed up bulking process much faster.

Hmmm, well if you do cardio every day something is not right. Are you resting enough? How many meals per day? And last but not least, what do you eat?

Last edited:
Smith knows what he's talking about. I'm going to follow the thread, with the hope to learn much new material and hopefully end up with a dream body.

Ok, here is my question.

My weight is abt 70KG, and I am 190CM tall. I am pretty skinny, with really ugly definition of muscles.
When I say ugly, imagine a skinny guy with extraordinary boosted hand and back definition of muscles, but only definition, mass is really funny. My hands are all in big vains, like I was bodybuilding my entire life.
I've tried hard work with wood, and lots of foods, to gain some weight.
I lifted daily about 30-40 tons of woods, passing 10-50KG parts on cutting, and this was going on about 8 months. (my own bodybuilding training, doing something useful, while training) I was eating like a pig. Yet, I didn't gained 1 gram. All I gained is supercondition, to lift mass from the ground, and lift it up to my chin, in repeated movements (about 1000-1100 times in series without stopping)

Now I am tying to do nothing, and still eat like a pig. Still no success in gaining ANYTHING AT ALL. My weight didn't changed last 16 years. WTF should I do? I tried some pills with some sort of proteins and vitamins and minerals, completely legit, to mix them with food and training, still nothing. I can't remember of anything that I didn't tried.

Any solution? I need at least 10KG of mass, to look somehow normal. And I am clueless what to do next.

I look something like this, with 15% less mass and 50% more tighter (defined) muscles.
Well, I do have chest hair, not like this guy, lol
it's just not proportional :(

unz8j.png

Last edited:
Ok, here is my question.

My weight is abt 70KG, and I am 190CM tall. I am pretty skinny, with really ugly definition of muscles.
When I say ugly, imagine a skinny guy with extraordinary boosted hand and back definition of muscles, but only definition, mass is really funny. My hands are all in big vains, like I was bodybuilding my entire life.
I've tried hard work with wood, and lots of foods, to gain some weight.
I lifted daily about 30-40 tons of woods, passing 10-50KG parts on cutting, and this was going on about 8 months. (my own bodybuilding training, doing something useful, while training) I was eating like a pig. Yet, I didn't gained 1 gram. All I gained is supercondition, to lift mass from the ground, and lift it up to my chin, in repeated movements (about 1000-1100 times in series without stopping)

Now I am tying to do nothing, and still eat like a pig. Still no success in gaining ANYTHING AT ALL. My weight didn't changed last 16 years. WTF should I do? I tried some pills with some sort of proteins and vitamins and minerals, completely legit, to mix them with food and training, still nothing. I can't remember of anything that I didn't tried.

Any solution? I need at least 10KG of mass, to look somehow normal. And I am clueless what to do next.

Thank you for your question cvrle.

If your veins are that much visible on your hands, it means that your bodyfat is very low. In other words, you won't have to do a lot of cardio/burn fat in order to get your dream body, instead all you have to do is get some muscle.

Working in woods is pretty good from my experience, you will get strong as horse and pack nice mass, however you want to watch on your back as you could hurt it easily if you are not careful. Also watch how you lift, you don't want to get hernia.

Now, if you really worked that much and not gained any kilogram there are 2 reasons: either your diet was bad/not enough protein, calories and so on or you forgot to rest.

Could you write your meals through the day and so on, how does your day pass etc.? That could help me a lot to give you right guideline.

Thanks for answering man.

Well, that IS my problem, I got strong like bull, and yet, I gained nothing in muscles. And I look really ridiculous to myself. I never had 1 gram of fat under my skin. All that was there was, skin, muscle, bone.

However, I had no idea that resting is important...I had power to work 8 hours without stopping, like mad, get lunch, and party all night. I was sleeping maybe 6 hrs a day.
I had 4 meals, everything involved from meat fish pasta, vegetables, milk. I wanted as much proteins and fat,as I could put into myself to get at least something attached to me.
Well, in profession, I am cooker, so I have some basic knowledge about food, calories, what makes people fat, and what not. And I 've tried several diets on my own, from drinking 2 liters of milk every day, to eating food that makes other people huge like insane (like pork or some other unhealthy food)

Well, I don't do woods anymore, but I never felt better in my life, while I was working.I injured my foot, one big piece fall on my foot, almost crushing it, my foot was black and blue for 40 days. Luckily no bones broken.

Thanks for answering man.

Well, that IS my problem, I got strong like bull, and yet, I gained nothing in muscles. And I look really ridiculous to myself. I never had 1 gram of fat under my skin. All that was there was, skin, muscle, bone.

However, I had no idea that resting is important...I had power to work 8 hours without stopping, like mad, get lunch, and party all night. I was sleeping maybe 6 hrs a day.
I had 4 meals, everything involved from meat fish pasta, vegetables, milk. I wanted as much proteins and fat,as I could put into myself to get at least something attached to me.
Well, in profession, I am cooker, so I have some basic knowledge about food, calories, what makes people fat, and what not. And I 've tried several diets on my own, from drinking 2 liters of milk every day, to eating food that makes other people huge like insane (like pork or some other unhealthy food)

Well, I don't do woods anymore, but I never felt better in my life, while I was working.I injured my foot, one big piece fall on my foot, almost crushing it, my foot was black and blue for 40 days. Luckily no bones broken.

Yup, exactly what I talked about. 8 hours of hard work, meals (4 in your case) will never cover that. You were wasting much more calories than you were absorbing, so it's not possible to gain any weight, fat or muscle. As you are cooker you already know what you should eat and what not, so nothing I could teach you there. ;)

Just remember at least 8 hours of sleep and work in woods can be dangerous indeed.

Good luck!

I sleep about 12am-1am then woke up on 6-7am.. I dont' really eat breakfast when I'm not on jogging sched,
I love to eat carbo and coffee everyday :)
and I love to drink soda too every breaktime.

is it true that a hobby of drinking cold water makes you fat and have a bigger tummy?

Last edited:
I sleep about 12am-1am then woke up on 6-7am.. I dont' really eat breakfast when I'm not on jogging sched,
I love to eat carbo and coffee everyday :)
and I love to drink soda too every breaktime.

is it true that a hobby of drinking cold water makes you fat and have a bigger tummy?

Hmm well not really, water is water, cold or warm doesn't differ much.

Coffee is alright, I drink it too in the morning. And I would suggest to sleep longer, however if 6 hours is enough for you, then good.

What cheap affordable goodies are super protein rich? What about fiber?

Well what do you mean by goodies? Protein shakes are pretty good, as body will absorb it very fast. Meat would be your primary source (fish, beef, chicken) then you can have nuts, milk, chesse, eggs and so on...

Smith, can you create a diet and exercise plan?

Let's say that this applies to a person who eats 2,200 calories per day and want to increase muscles.

Can you write a diet plan and exercise plan?

Originally Posted by kizmark

lol what the hell water burns fat and it makes your metabolism faster

Cold water will speed up your metabolism. It is very healthy to drink at least one glass water/8kg.

You probably heard something like this, but you made a wrong conclusion:

You can't get read of fat, unless you get rid of water.

When you start practising, the weight you will loose in first lets say 2 weeks will be water, and after that you will start loosing fat. This is a water accumulated in your body because of your lazy life xD. But this water has nothing to do with water you drink normally, and you need water for your system to be up to date xD

I know things haven't been quite good between us since we had a few discussions a while ago about a couple things so i'm not sure if i may ask questions to you or not, but anyway it's a good thing your'e doing here.

Smith, can you create a diet and exercise plan?

Let's say that this applies to a person who eats 2,200 calories per day and want to increase muscles.

Can you write a diet plan and exercise plan?

I'm sorry mate but I already wrote you what you should do on MSN. I have few clients I train so most of my time I work with them. Don't get me wrong, but creating diet and exercise plan takes time.

I know things haven't been quite good between us since we had a few discussions a while ago about a couple things so i'm not sure if i may ask questions to you or not, but anyway it's a good thing your'e doing here.

Honestly I don't never remember what we argued about, simple because those argues don't reach me. Go ahead and ask.

Okay then, well i'm one of those geeks who spend all day and all night on computer, i have like 110+ kilos.

With my semestre at school being finished, internet takes most of my time, all day and night.

I've been a fat guy since like 3 years now, and i've never tried to do any excercises, not any of any kind at all.

While this big weight has affected my life, it also affected my body, it got me some lines all over my stomach (Arms too), i don't really know what they call it in English lol.

My question is, where do i start, the very basic execises, what should i eat and other things.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back