Ask Smith! (Fitness, Bodybuilding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for getting back to me Smith, really helpful advice. I plan on starting once the weather breaks which is hopefully just a few short weeks away.

Thanks for getting back to me Smith, really helpful advice. I plan on starting once the weather breaks which is hopefully just a few short weeks away.

No problem, here to help.

By the way, when is Part 2 coming? You said weekend :(

Mr. Steroids
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ic431K3bn8[/ame]

Super Mutant:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hflZrCM1nK4[/ame]

Please don't watch this one (disgusting):
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7-L_TV3o2A[/ame]

What's the point of such reply?

First of all, those are not steroids but synthol aka "oil", you keep injecting it, muscles get filled with oil then you reach the limit. Muscles will most likely get infected, then you end up in a hospital.

Rich Piana is another story, he's not on sythol.

Googling specific topics and educating yourself before going out and posting things like that is definitely right thing to do.

Otherwise, you'll just have IQ level like every other troll on Youtube...

Currently i am using protein shakes after my workout, but some people have said to drink them while doing your work out where as i drink them strait after, is this correct?

Currently i am using protein shakes after my workout, but some people have said to drink them while doing your work out where as i drink them strait after, is this correct?

I usually drink one shake 1 hour before my workout and then another one right after I finish the workout.

You can also drink it during, as long you get sufficient amount of protein every day (through 24 hours period) you will be just fine.

Keep it up!

Hi Smith,

I really want to lose weight, I'm 92 kg now, what diet should I go for?
Note: Im re-started boxing 1 week ago, I boxed for 4 years in a row, I have 54 amateur matches, but now I don't want to go to matches only go to training.

What diet do you recommend? I'm not eating bread now (4 days til now)

Smith, I weigh about 175lbs im 5' 11"
I drive around all day picking up used tires most range from 30-200lbs i usually pick up and throw around 14 tons a day, I feel it pretty hard in my arms & back usually.

I work out literally every muscle in my upper body id imagine,

What would you recommend to turn all this weight lifting/throwing in to more muscle ?

Creatine or ?

Hi Smith,

I really want to lose weight, I'm 92 kg now, what diet should I go for?
Note: Im re-started boxing 1 week ago, I boxed for 4 years in a row, I have 54 amateur matches, but now I don't want to go to matches only go to training.

What diet do you recommend? I'm not eating bread now (4 days til now)

I wouldn't focus on traditional bodybuilder's training routine if I was you.

You need stamina and strength so I would definitely work more on strength workouts incorporated with loads of cardio workouts (make sure you don't overdo it).

As for the diet, I don't know which breads you have in your country but I generally stay away from it. Most of them are empty calories, just there to make you feel "full".

Instead go for actual food such as meat and food filled with good Carbs: Rice (experiment with types), Pasta, Potatoes etc.

Smith, I weigh about 175lbs im 5' 11"
I drive around all day picking up used tires most range from 30-200lbs i usually pick up and throw around 14 tons a day, I feel it pretty hard in my arms & back usually.

I work out literally every muscle in my upper body id imagine,

What would you recommend to turn all this weight lifting/throwing in to more muscle ?

Creatine or ?

I tried to stress this before, dunno if people got it. When playing specific sport or routine every day you tend to develop various muscle viruses and overwrite actual body movement patterns.

That being said, lot of various muscles will be over powering others (will become shortened), while some won't get enough work and therefore will get overlooked (long muscles). You might not feel it now, depending how long you have been doing specific workout and for which period of time but I would definitely work on stretching as well to make sure muscle structure is functioning properly.

I would recommend Creatine, yeah, Kre-Alkalyn, Monohydrate will just make you fluffy, it doesn't work same for everyone though.

Not sure what is your monthly budget but Protein Supplement with Creatine would be the base, so if you can afford it go with the Protein as well.

These 2 questions were nice so I hope it contains useful information for other people as well.

To Kw3rLn:

Go with complex carbs; sweet potatoes or potatoes are good options. Anything with a low GI will help you sustain a day without hunger and also help you through the diet. You need carbs, protein and fat in your diet. How you manage those macros is entirely up to you (or your nutrition, which I assume you don't have), but a rule of thumb is to keep protein levels higher than carbs and fat.

Depending on how your body reacts you can adjust for carbs and fat. Some people even prefer a KETO diet which involves high fats and protein and no carbs. My body can't handle such, but many others can, so it's all about testing and adjusting.

Since you're already doing high volume cardio it's just a matter of counting your calories of how much you need to take in per day vs what you burn. Results are seen after 21 days usually (in the mirror).

If you're competing in bodybuilding you take measures every Monday morning (or whatever day) every week.

Do you recommend a clean bulk or a dirty bulk? Been doing a dirty bulk for a few months now, but Im not looking forward to cutting to shed of the extra pounds I've gained from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back