ServeDome.com - VPS services starting from $15/month (Netherlands)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an email from Virpus today about them being compromised. Now that you mention it, it makes all the more sense.

Fortunately, Virpus kept up communication and has offered all its affected customers a 2 month free hosting or a pro rated refund. It'd be nice to see the owner do the same or something on that level, too.

Virpus handled this situation exactly how ServeDome should have. If ServeDome posted a message like Virpus did, I would have considered keeping my business with them because I understand that these things happen. But no, the ServeDome owner has decided to bury his head in the sand, and because of this I will no longer support this company nor will I recommend them to anybody else as I have in the past.

I got an email from Virpus today about them being compromised. Now that you mention it, it makes all the more sense.

Fortunately, Virpus kept up communication and has offered all its affected customers a 2 month free hosting or a pro rated refund. It'd be nice to see the owner do the same or something on that level, too.

It would be fair. Unfortunately, he decided not to do it and run away what is just... pathetic.

I'll keep one comment to myself.

As for Krun!x, true, it'd be the right and ethical thing to do. If not a service credit, he should at least begin with refunds - prorated or full.
What really is pathetic is that he's chosen to stay quiet about all of this, for quite a while now. That is just beyond professional.

@rexroger
You won't be needing to recommend ServeDome. If the worst comes down, ServeDome will most likely cease to exist.

I hate this 5 days ago i joined with serverdome and i paid $30.00 and now my VPS is down it really sucks.

I hope he well refund use or mae the server work

Since nobody from ServeDome doesn't want to update this, I will tell you what I was told by someone who allegedly knows what's going on.
1) All servers have been wiped.
2) They never had RAID-10 so no backups.
3) The owner is running away.

Unfortunately, it's 99% true. If you have a backup I suggest you moving as you are just loosing your time by waiting for him to reply.

To other web hosting companies owners. There is another company that got hacked in the same time as ServeDome.
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1016017

They both use SolusVM. There is possibly an 0day exploit for SolusVM. If you use SolusVM consider protecting your /admincp with an additional directory password and lock it down only to your IP / IP range.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear but it's better than keeping you in the dark.

:O If that's true then we're all fucked

@ Krun!x
VN-Ken says it wasnt SolusVM that got Viprus hacked:
SolusVM had nothing to do with the hacking, although the hackers managed to delete it to possibly make it seem like it did.

A more detailed explanation will be provided once I get some time.

it will all be worked out soon its a main server issue al we can do is sit back and wait but it will all get fixed.
And whats your source...are u a Tech or just here for crowd control.....I wasnt really worried at first but 27 hours of downtime is a little excessive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back