ServeDome.com - VPS services starting from $15/month (Netherlands)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... my invoice is due in two days time. Looks like I'm not going to be paying that one.

I've just contacted another host which I'll be moving to now. Luckily I have a 1-day old backup to fall back on.

Not necessary, if you paid using PayPal you can open a dispute. It's the only way to get your money back. Since the owner ran away, you don't have much choices.

So whats going on? Anyone want to sum it all up? xD

hmm servedome fucked upp badly and
not replying to anybody,
no official statements etc etc,
rumors are, they got hacked and lost everything,
raid-10 was a lie
if that's all true then
our lots of friends lost there valuable data, money, time
people are thinking to jump and
someone gonna get lots of new customers
servedome is going to shut down soon ( sorry for that )

that's enough i guess

Since nobody from ServeDome doesn't want to update this, I will tell you what I was told by someone who allegedly knows what's going on.
1) All servers have been wiped.
2) They never had RAID-10 so no backups.
3) The owner is running away.

Unfortunately, it's 99% true. If you have a backup I suggest you moving as you are just loosing your time by waiting for him to reply.

To other web hosting companies owners. There is another company that got hacked in the same time as ServeDome.
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1016017

They both use SolusVM. There is possibly an 0day exploit for SolusVM. If you use SolusVM consider protecting your /admincp with an additional directory password and lock it down only to your IP / IP range.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear but it's better than keeping you in the dark.

Hi,

My name is Jason and I am from SolusLabs the team behind SolusVM, I can confirm with absolute certainty that there is NOT a 0 Day exploit in SolusVM or any exploit at all.
The company that you are referring to had an internal security breach and was in no way related to SolusVM and the owner of the company has been very open about this from the start and has stated that it was not an issue or security breach of SolusVM.

If any clients are worried about the security of SolusVM then please submit a ticket from your Client Area.

Regards,

Jason
SolusLabs

@Jason - SolusVM, how you got this thread and that particular reply ? can u please explain a little bit ?

well if the web talk post is true my name is on that list but im not worried servers will come back and ill add my back ups shit happens and im sure my clients understand crap happens i mean there all free clients anyways so best to just look at the broken pieces and move on and always remember to take your own back ups that easy.

for people that want to jump ship well that's up to you but i know Servedome always makes it right from being with them 8 months hes always been there to get the job done or make right on it.

well if the web talk post is true my name is on that list but im not worried servers will come back and ill add my back ups shit happens and im sure my clients understand crap happens i mean there all free clients anyways so best to just look at the broken pieces and move on and always remember to take your own back ups that easy.

for people that want to jump ship well that's up to you but i know Servedome always makes it right from being with them 8 months hes always been there to get the job done or make right on it.
so Where is he now? i waited whole day to see his face :/

Hi,

My name is Jason and I am from SolusLabs the team behind SolusVM, I can confirm with absolute certainty that there is NOT a 0 Day exploit in SolusVM or any exploit at all.
The company that you are referring to had an internal security breach and was in no way related to SolusVM and the owner of the company has been very open about this from the start and has stated that it was not an issue or security breach of SolusVM.

If any clients are worried about the security of SolusVM then please submit a ticket from your Client Area.

Regards,

Jason
SolusLabs

Hello Jason,

Thanks for clearing that up. Extra security options that I suggested earlier wouldn't hurt anyway :)

Dont give up. My VPS is working on the same hacked server... (if is hacked)

Germany VPS.

http://94.228.220.188:5353/ is not working but VPS works. (mine)

If the attacker left your node online, it can mean only he's using that server for DDoSding / spamming or executing exploits. I'd take a backup ASAP(just in case) if I was you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back