Invision Power Board Or vBulletin? For WJunction.

IPB or vB?

• vBulletin

Votes: 95 46.8%
  • Invision Power Board

Votes: 81 39.9%
  • I don't care

Votes: 27 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used vb for many years and finally took the crunch and started a bran new board with IPB this week its nice and looks preofessional but i agree vb has a lot more mods available at present but IPB is due to go to 3.2 soon and they reckon that will be when it hits its high.

I was facing the same question recently when i was to choose a script for my forum.

I personally prefer vBulletin 3. Even though it will soon be a not-supported script (by vB Solutions), it is so widely used, people will still code mods, templates and bugfixes/exploitfixes for a long time. Sure, IPB may be better as many in here state, but many users still prefer vB. It's like petrol engines. People say Diesel is the future, that doesn't mean i need to buy a diesel if i don't like it.. Im a petrol-head! ehm, i mean.. vB-head! XD

It's not really a big deal guys. If we convert, it'll be just a few days of getting used to it and we'll all carry on like nothing happened and WJ will be better off using software that is actually being updated and bugs/exploits patched.

I'm a vB3 fan but I can't defend it anymore, it's time is coming to an end, we need to move on and IPB seems like the best choice from the options available.

IPB 3.2 is coming out sometime this year. No release date set but it'll probably be somewhere around 6 months, but in 2011 for sure.
No point to switch to IPB 3.1 just to go through all the hassle of going to 3.2. But yeah, you should move over to ipb.

Just looking at the general comments, the majority of people who voted VB did so because they are familiar with it in the warez scene (It was the best for it's time). Looking at the people who support IPB, the majority of us are ex-vb users who switched and now like it better for tons of reasons.

My final word, wait for IPB 3.2 and switch directly to that. Sorry to say this, but it is a better platform then vbulletin and the new community is growing by the day.

ps. I switched my medium sized forum from vb 3.8 to ipb 3.1 with no real problems. Some small stuff was lost, but anything important was kept.

Well, I knew both products since 7th grade (6 yrs ago)
I always went with IPB
I love it, dunno why, maybe I'm blind.

Easy to work with for me.

Lets make the move to IPB,

Times are changing we need to keep up with the times guys :p

vb used to be widely used but a lot of people are switching to ipb now

I always thought the passwords had different salt and a 3rd party modification was needed in order for users to use the same password they had on vBulletin or they would have to go thru the RESET PASSWORD process

It would be stupid to move full stop. Reason being bulletin 3.8x much easier to use than ipb and it's lighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back