Status
Not open for further replies.

lakshyak

Today when I visited WckedForums, the index.php was missing and the whole ftp was on my screen. The FTP password has been changed and the Cpanel has a message that it has been blocked 'cause it detected a brute force attack.

Few days ago, Zero the founder's account was hacked but luckily he got it back somehow. The site also experienced few DDos but the hosters managed to protect us.

I'm sure our hosting company will help us in retrieving the account again but still I want to know if there's any way to prevent such a f'ing thing the future.

Thanks!

11 comments
Such a thing has happened to be before, my best advice is to keep all your passwords secure, and if you can, make your CP PASS, ADMIN PASS and what ever else related to the forum all different, so if someone gains access to one of your passwords they can't access the rest.

Im sorry to hear this has happened to you. Hope you can get things fixed, and i do hope you took a full forum back up in the past few days?

It was for sell at DigitalPoint , the owner sold the domain ( i know the domain was sold and the site ).. + he try to sell it again to scam someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back