Status
Not open for further replies.

ACiD

Send it them if they still allow warez linking.

Hi,

There is no law at the moment that prohibits warez-linking but as soon as BREIN knocks on the door, we have to remove the website. We can't refund any money, unfornately.

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Dirk Vromans
Technical Engineer

Worldstream C.V.
Honderdland 111-F
2676LT MAASDIJK
Tel.: (+31)(0)174 - 712 117

Company Details:
KvK / Chamber of Commerce : 27 27 22 32
BTW / VAT : NL8158.34.226.B01

76 comments
I thought WorldStream was a professional outfit, but the more responses I read from them the less inclined I am to purchase a 6 month contract for a dedicated server.

Although the prices are stupidly cheap.... Guess you cant have everything :(

Dont WS make money on this? I mean they closed plenty of server without needing to pay for a refund and now they can resell those servers? Eventhough warez is a huge part of their clientele, I dont think it would make a dent to their income.

If there's no law, they shouldn't be worried to take it to the court 8-)

Yeah like the court agreed on mininova not breaking the law, yet they had to pay 5 million or remove all their torrents. I don't know what BREIN does but it's some weird shit, as they closed several sites now who in court were proven not to break any Dutch laws.

Dont WS make money on this? I mean they closed plenty of server without needing to pay for a refund and now they can resell those servers? Eventhough warez is a huge part of their clientele, I dont think it would make a dent to their income.

Are they actually kicking customers off their server without a refund, or just asking them not to host Warez on the server? The client could always host something else if the later is the case.

The Bescherming Rechten Entertainment Industrie Nederland (BREIN) translates roughly as Protection Rights Entertainment: Industry [of the] Netherlands. BREIN is a trade association representing both the Dutch recording industry and movie studios. It is roughly analogous to the MPAA or RIAA in the US.
BREIN is perhaps best known for shutting down Dutch eDonkey 2000 link giant ShareConnector.com in December 2004. Due to controversy over the legality of links to illegal content, and a lack of quality in the evidence provided by BREIN,[1] the case has not been put to trial yet. After being offline for two years, ShareConnector reopened in December 2006 but after barely one year; on November 12, 2007, Shareconnector went offline again.

NL ain't safe anymore or wat? I thought warez linking was allowed in NL :|

Are they actually kicking customers off their server without a refund, or just asking them not to host Warez on the server? The client could always host something else if the later is the case.

Actually you are right, they ask to remove the website only.

BREIN is a trade association representing both the Dutch recording industry and movie studios.
If they only represent Dutch recording industry and movie studios, then not all the sites are actually effected? They are not part of MIAA or RIAA. Am I wrong in thinking that BRIEN is for protecting Dutch music and movies?
Plus I think what they do is just wear down anyone who goes against them more than anything else.

Ain't safe anymore? Please notice they exist for years and have never taken any regular warez site down as of today. They only target torrent sites atm. Which is normal, cause if they were to take all torrent sites down (not that thats gonna happen) all warez (http) blogs, sites, forums would die too. So there's no use for them to target warez sites like ours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back