Wjunction traffic decrease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you conveniently leave out the part of your profile page that says you have 4 pages worth of infractions? A LOT of them are for PERFECTLY legitimate reason. You have a history of flaming members, disrespecting staff, bumping threads, and in general breaking some very obvious rules. And then you say staff are to blame for attempting to put you on the correct path?

That points more in the direction of the fact that you've been here longer than a lot of members and one would assume you would know not to break obvious rules or stop with the consistent flaming and useless replies to threads. But no, you do not improve. So you being banned is no surprise. Keep that up and you'll most likely be permanently banned.

Not because staff have 'beef with you', but because you're consistently breaking the same set of rules.

EDIT: You have 13 infractions in 2012; 2 were reversed which makes it 11 infractions in 2012. Lying doesn't help.

That points more in the direction of the fact that you've been here longer than a lot of members and one would assume you would know not to break obvious rules or stop with the consistent flaming and useless replies to threads. But no, you do not improve. So you being banned is no surprise. Keep that up and you'll most likely be permanently banned.

Not because staff have 'beef with you', but because you're consistently breaking the same set of rules.

i dont im always setup by mods with beef that make shit up.

I looked into 10+ infractions of yours over 3 pages, in your profile, before I first replied to your post. Most of the infractions linking to posts, etc given to you were perfectly legitimate. The profile infractions, however, I cannot say anything about. But I doubt that every staff member on this board has some beef with you and would set you up to ban you. Staff here has more important things to do than set members up so they can ban them only to allow them back.

If staff had beef with you, I honestly doubt that after all that repetitive history of similar offenses, you'd be not permanently banned.

I looked into 10+ infractions of yours over 3 pages, in your profile, before I first replied to your post. Most of the infractions linking to posts, etc given to you were perfectly legitimate. The profile infractions, however, I cannot say anything about. But I doubt that every staff member on this board has some beef with you and would set you up to ban you. Staff here has more important things to do than set members up so they can ban them only to allow them back.

If staff had beef with you, I honestly doubt that after all that repetitive history of similar offenses, you'd be not permanently banned.

no not every staff memeber i like most staff memebers,some staff just dont know how to have a joke or some other issues,the way you describing me is if im the anti christ of this forum,while me as an example of this thread isnt the best,there are alot of people saying its not being done right and harsh bannings and infractions.after awhile u need to relesie its all not a coincidence

I cannot stress enough on the 'perfectly legitimate' part, so I'll quit responding. If you'd like to discuss/dispute those infractions, PM me and I'll explain to you in detail why they are NOT harsh.

I cannot stress enough on the 'perfectly legitimate' part, so I'll quit responding. If you'd like to discuss/dispute those infractions, PM me and I'll explain to you in detail why they are NOT harsh.

the last part was meant in gereral of the forum and not related to me.it was directed at the over all actions of the mods.

Corrected that for you; being staff here is voluntary. We weren't hired, we are not paid a salary. This is not a company. Staff here do not have a rule that says "treat everyone with respect regardless of how much of a dick they are to you". That rule exists for formal companies; WJunction is a web forum.

Suggestions are welcome, as they always have been. Mindlessly bashing the staff is not encouraged or for that matter, tolerated. If a member comes around suggesting I axe away the part of forum that earns me 90% of my revenue, I'm going to respectfully refuse it initially. But if the same group of members consistently put the same suggestion forward day in and day out, moan about it time and time again, so on and so forth, I will most likely end up harassing them so they can get the idea in their head that suggestions are welcome, but not impending on me to implement.

I've said it once before in this thread, and I'll say it again - this community is not small. It's not just a bunch of people discussing stuff. This community is large. Larger than you're apparently assuming it is. It's also diverse. It's host to people from literally all over the world. So moderating this community is far difficult job than it is a different/smaller community. Staff members lose it at times, as Jesse clearly highlighted, and pushing them only further is asking for an eventual ban; a ban that you'll turn around and cry over later for being unfair when it's yourself to blame for pushing too many wrong buttons.

As for the "people leave and they aren't missed"; it's true. I'm not going to name people, but here's an example of a member who decided to leave the forum in protest of a staff that was recently promoted. His claim is he won't be 'coming back' until said staff is demoted. Why? Personal beef I tell you. Oh, and let's see how much value this member is to the community - all he does is hang out in the chatbox trolling members, occasionally throwing racist comments, and being a general nuisance so to say. No contribution to the community in and of itself. Yeah, I'm pretty sure no one is going to miss people like that. They are not owed any 'gratitude'.

Your arrogance is astounding.

I will use your advice. I don't have to respect you or any other staff member who acts like a "dick." Oh, that can't work, because you're staff. Ignorant.

Being staff is voluntary, yes, but it's a job nonetheless. Most of the staff act as if they can reply how they want, then get uptight when an appropriate response is tossed at them. If you don't like the shit that comes with the job, quit. You're supposed to be helpful, not a tool who dismisses members like they're nothing.

I understand the job may be difficult, at times, but the amount of posts here does warrant your attitude. Your job really isn't that hard. Watch topic, move, delete, etc. Sorry, but that's the truth. Besides, as you said, it's voluntary, don't whine about it. I could criticisise you further there, but hey, what do I know? I'm just a member who has no experience staffing a large forum or dealing with members on a free community. My apologies.

As far as the members go, you point out a particular instance. I was referring to a blanket statement issued by one of your fellow staff, or possibly you.

So far, I've seen staff make excuses for themselves, and actually blame members for their behaviour. It's comical, it really is.

It's not my arrogance, it's your lack of experience dealing with WJ and its members. I find myself unable to continue to respond to this thread after this post given the consistent bashing towards the very staff that keep this community clean enough for you to come in and enjoy what 'little' you still do.

Maybe you should try being staff here before jumping to prejudiced conclusions.

Your arrogance is astounding

You provided no arguments for your claims.

Being staff is voluntary, yes, but it's a job nonetheless.

Talking about ignorance.... you don't even make distinction between job and voluntary actions... you believe those are same.

Most of the staff act as if they can reply how they want, then get uptight when an appropriate response is tossed at them.

If this was true, you, and half of moaners on this topic would already be out of this place. Therefore, no true argument you are fighting about. You are just resisting staff, like you would if you got caught robbing a bank.

If you don't like the shit that comes with the job, quit.

You don't understand that you have privileges to use this forum here, not rights.

Your job really isn't that hard.

But you have no clue, since you aren't a staff member. Or ever was.

Sorry, but that's the truth.

Sorry, but you have no idea.

Besides, as you said, it's voluntary, don't whine about it.

So, now, responding is whining? It's you who asked for answers, when you get them, deal with them. So nice how you guys always feel comfortable in turning things upside down, and pass the burden.

I could criticisise you further there, but hey, what do I know?

No constructive crticism is being made from your side, no arguments, you failed again. You're just bashing staff and base your talk on what other members said, while not questioning how come there's members with 5 PAGES of infractions, yet still on this forum, not being permanently banned.

I'm just a member who has no experience staffing a large forum or dealing with members on a free community.

If you aren't, what gives you the right to blindly judge their actions? Provide arguments for your claims.

As far as the members go, you point out a particular instance. I was referring to a blanket statement issued by one of your fellow staff, or possibly you.

Another fail, when you have no arguments, you are generalizing things. Focus your efforts on one single thing, without trying to make so many fallacies in one post. Also, reject 'ad hominem' attacks in your posts, because there's people who know what you are doing.

So far, I've seen staff make excuses for themselves, and actually blame members for their behaviour. It's comical, it really is.

Comical is how many words you used, and not one single argument you made. Brilliant work, I must say.

Because, again, you have no arguments to continue discussion, talky-talky has been dismantled, and you have nothing else to add. Sometimes, crappy talk doesn't work, deal with it.
I was staff member, and I know what's on the other side of the 'rainbow'. Dealing with spam, useless posts, insults that members are pointing toward each other... so yeah, I'm fully competent to give each one of you the answer.

Back,

I guess it's my turn. Haven't read none of the previous replies.
WJunction is an interesting forum tbh, but those kids make this the worst site I've ever visited. Most of those moderators fail at real life, and they're trying to make reputation online since they can't make it outta their hourse.

My last experience in this site:

1. Dumbass.
    http://www.wjunction.com/6-feedback-suggestions/146995-demote-kid.html
    A thread says more than thousand words :). Check the poll of this thread btw.
    Hey Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power level?
    Who the fuck edited it? Who ever did it, must be so fucking retarded imo. Makes me feel like I'm in a nursery.
  2. Sharing.
    http://www.wjunction.com/64-webmaster-resources/145714-$-99-domains.html
    Wtf? That shit wasn't even on that thread, we ain't making an ebook therefore we can make even hundred of threads of the same thing.
  3. Infractions.
    Hahaha, I'd rather not show this. Don't want you to have a heart attack bros. :-?

Ohhh and yea recently, I've invited some guy to this forum. But I really felt so fucking ashamed :facepalm::
http://www.wjunction.com/4-introductions/149615-hello-im-techie.html

However, I will be back online like most of the users when:
-New Ownership.
-Mass demotion.
-I get some spare money to buy this (50$ :) ).
-Server Crash (I hope so, start from 0 :D)

-
tl;Dr - This forum sux now.

PS:Just my 2 cents, if you're willing to bid or whatsoever, I'll make a full report. ;)

It's not my arrogance, it's your lack of experience dealing with WJ and its members. I find myself unable to continue to respond to this thread after this post given the consistent bashing towards the very staff that keep this community clean enough for you to come in and enjoy what 'little' you still do.
This is the exact thing I am talking about the mods have to deal with a lot of LQ posts and arguments. The mods went on a ban roll because the LQ posts number increased. You guys should understand what the reason is behind this LQ posts and not simply ban everyone.

Corrected that for you; being staff here is voluntary. We weren't hired, we are not paid a salary. This is not a company. Staff here do not have a rule that says "treat everyone with respect regardless of how much of a dick they are to you". That rule exists for formal companies; WJunction is a web forum.
So what only members have rules ? The staff doesnt have to follow any?

Who the fuck edited it? Who ever did it, must be so fucking retarded imo. Makes me feel like I'm in a nursery.

Sorry, that was my bad.

I wanted to close the thread and make it have very little attention as the title that you put was offensive and disrespectful, by changing the title I was actually helping you to not get banned, but it didn't help too great. I didn't trash the thread because I didn't want it to seem like I was trying to prevent you from expressing your opinion, I was trying to keep everything peaceful.

@cvrle77: Seriously you have only job here to back whatever a staff says. Are you trying to be in their good books ? :))

I was staff member, and I know what's on the other side of the 'rainbow'. Dealing with spam, useless posts, insults that members are pointing toward each other... so yeah, I'm fully competent to give each one of you the answer.

7 days eh? That gave you plenty of time to learn what moderating on wJunction is all about.

I really did lol at that. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back