Wjunction traffic decrease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subha86

i notice wj traffic decrease last couple of moths. anyone know why?? :facepalm:

Edit :- majority said peoples are leaving due to strict rules.

Last edited:
153 comments
No one's banned without a reason.
Most of them think they have rights, instead of privileges.
Foul language, disrespect, not following important rules...
Ban is last resort, most of them made more than one mistake.

I didn't suggest it was banning i suggested the speed they ban on here is ridiculous IMO.

Of course people need and should get banned for being idiots etc thats not what I was saying.

There are some crazy rules on here that are very easy to break and lead to a ban, and again IMO people will just move on, or not help and contribute here anymore as its getting more like a Syrian regime again IMO

Also as MrHappy has said there isnt much unique here is there ? its all copy and paste.

Im having to sell my scripts and stuff elsewhere now as its too hard to list them here what with ownership proof etc

Cheers
RR

I didn't suggest it was banning i suggested the speed they ban on here is ridiculous IMO.

Of course people need and should get banned for being idiots etc thats not what I was saying.

There are some crazy rules on here that are very easy to break and lead to a ban, and again IMO people will just move on, or not help and contribute here anymore as its getting more like a Syrian regime again IMO

Also as MrHappy has said there isnt much unique here is there ? its all copy and paste.

Im having to sell my scripts and stuff elsewhere now as its too hard to list them here what with ownership proof etc

Cheers
RR

Totally agree, there are many crazy, and "get out of here" rules at WJ. Mods should change the rules if they don't want the forum dead.

@ roadrunner, I was not attacking you, I tried to extend your sentence, so users don't get the feeling mods are randomly picking users and ban them.

I agree that there's not enough content, and the content that is here, is not well organized into categories.

Yes, WJ is losing traffic, because they rely on a section that is going down the drain, that is filehosts.

Some activities should be made, new activities, to attract users. To replace traffic that filehost section has.
Maybe to move uploaders from gray area into white area?
Giving them examples how they can move from doing crap, to something that can make them money in legal way.
Not lazy ones, already made that transfer. Those who rely on quick illegal buck, without too much thinking process involved, will stay, until last filehost close.

Last edited:
Making it easier to sell on here would defo help, the marketplace has the most viewers but the posting has slowed by i would guess 70% since i joined.

As i said i now sell elsewhere most of time

Cheers
RR

I am sure it would help to post your suggestions in suggestion sub-forum, so admins can take a look, and wrap their thoughts around that...
They do want you selling here for sure, but they don't want bunch of scammers jumping here, trying to scam people. that is why rules are tough.

So you say scammers should be given more chances? Great suggestion <_<

What crazy rules? Can you point them? I know members who are very old and have never been banned. Just because they know the rules and follow them. It is the members who force us staff to make up new and new rules, we don't do it on our whims and fancies.

Take this for example - a filehost does not pay an uploader just because they upload illegal content, this is clearly mentioned in their TOS. Even after this members in here cry SCAM SCAM in every possible filehost discussion, we were tired of seeing this and had to make up a rule about using the word scam.

One more example - people posting earnings screenshots of their illegal earnings! We had to make a rule about it to protect the users from being caught by authorities. Again a rule created due to member's actions.

Agree. Everybody should pitch in.

Cheers
RR

Seriously? You dont feel like selling here just because you need to provide ownership proof and update some other simple details? - iLOL'ed really hard.

We have the most unique rules (atleast imo) when it comes to selling. You cannot just post something and sell something else here (Title rules).

So you say scammers should be given more chances? Great suggestion <_<

What crazy rules? Can you point them? I know members who are very old and have never been banned. Just because they know the rules and follow them. It is the members who force us staff to make up new and new rules, we don't do it on our whims and fancies.

I got banned for 3 points all of which IMO are silly rules, but hey ho i got banned im not moaning about it, i havent complained, i broke them and got banned, but the fact remains there silly, if someone asks for a eg ( a seedbox with 100mbps etc etc ) and i sell same, why shoudn't i reply with my site URL ? wj user asking a question another wj user answering it.

Take this for example - a filehost does not pay an uploader just because they upload illegal content, this is clearly mentioned in their TOS. Even after this members in here cry SCAM SCAM in every possible filehost discussion, we were tired of seeing this and had to make up a rule about using the word scam.

I happen to agree with this but i guess others woudnt

One more example - people posting earnings screenshots of their illegal earnings! We had to make a rule about it to protect the users from being caught by authorities. Again a rule created due to member's actions.

If a user is that stupid he/she is asking to get caught anyway

Agree. Everybody should pitch in.

Seriously? You dont feel like selling here just because you need to provide ownership proof and update some other simple details? - iLOL'ed really hard.

An example ... here is a webpage http://utubescript.com/ now that page sells a youtube download script, i own the domain name and can prove it, but that dosnt seem enough for you all, i could understand it if the script was called something else, buts its the same as the domain name, so obviously its mine... but no i have to go and complete a quiz by jmz to prove i know the code.

We have the most unique rules (atleast imo) when it comes to selling. You cannot just post something and sell something else here (Title rules).

In general the MP rules are ok and i like the way you ask for domain proof etc and bin etc etc but you can only go so far, at the end of the day if the end buyer dosnt due there homework its their fault not WJ

Please see bold above
Cheers
RR

I already explained - almost all rules here are due to the way members behave/post here. They are just not 'made up' because staff were bored that time and felt like bullying the members. I cannot explain you the reason behind each and every rule, search around and you will probably find the reasons.

An increase in users to Market place can get a good boost of sellers and buyers join the forum.
The most important, Rules are good but who cares to read such long rules. We need to keep them short and simple. Instead of long sentences and paragraph!

I am not blaming the staff or authors for rules, but i think its time to re-phrase them.
We need some other exotic and interesting for marketplaces !

It's because WJ never implements any of my suggestions also try and fine a unique thread worth reading that was made in the last week.

Don't get too cocky there, Happy.

Reason number one:

Your ideas are good, and yes, WJ hasn't implemented more than half of the good suggestions here. But that can be said for a lot of the member suggestions here. And you know what? It's not the staff as a wholes fault, it's the Administrators. Half of them only come here to talk in the chatbox. The other half reply to useless threads and don't seem like they're working on anything for the site. And I understand, we all have lives outside of WJunction. I understand that it can be hard managing a community with a lot of different people with a lot of opinions and thoughts. But to not think a single idea is worth working on and building upon? That just means they're lazy or don't care. Hawk has been one of the very few Administrators that have started making noticeable changes. If the Management team doesn't care enough to thrive and better this website, members will lose interest.

Reason number two:

The staff team overall.
I send this Private Message to Hawk a week or so ago.
I have much respect for you and I'm glad at least one of the staff members are taking this site seriously. I'm getting tired of staff acting like trolls and bashing on members just because they can. I don't know how you guys promote members to the staff team, but I highly suggest you re-think your approach.

The staff team needs to mature, I understand this is a forum, but it's also a privilege to be a staff member, not a right. You have to set the example for members to follow.

Don't worry, staff, it's not all your fault, here comes the rest.

Reason number three:

Members here are so disrespectful and just.. dkljffdsdf. This doesn't feel like a community anymore because of this. Where's the helping and where's the sharing? Most people here are just looking to make a quick buck and don't care if they scam or lie. Making money online, sure, okay, it's cool, but seriously? Don't make that your priority. Have fun, enjoy yourself, be nice, contribute, share, discuss, don't troll. WJunction should be a place where people can come and contribute things, share things, make friends, have fun.. at least, that's what it used to feel like. I think some of the senior members like myself would agree. WJunction has gotten boring. Specially with the growing File Hosts section and pointless general discussion topics.

WJunction can still thrive, but it has to be done with a community effort, that incudes Administrators, Super Mods, Moderators, Respected Members, Respected Coders, Members, etc.

Administrators should really try a new approach to things, listen to the community, try new things.
And the community should grow up a bit, and should be here because they want to see this site rise again, not to see it demise.

My two-pence worth.... Its because all the cash-whores have decided that WJ cannot help them anymore and that they will have to work and contribute to WJ to actually get anywhere and anyone to help them make a few more cents!... They were only here for the ride... not the community or the spirit of being part of a community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back