Why did you start your site?

I started my site...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hatem20

Hey all,

So I wanted to make a survey to know everyone's aim of starting a site, whether it's legit or illegal.

I'll start:
I started my site for many reasons, mainly because I like web development field, having a site makes me able to apply what I learned through reading about SEO and such things. I don't deny that I also started my site for money. As we all know money makes everything. :P That's all I think.

Notes:
- Be honest about your choice, there is no defect of starting a site for money.
- It would be great to explain your choice in your comment.
- You don't have to reply/vote if you don't want to express your aims.
- You can vote for multiple options/choices.

30 comments
I'd be lying if I said that I haven't created it for the money. Money is the main thing in the Webmastering, but the best thing is not to be desperate when you start your site. It's obvious that you can't make the money right away, time has to pass by before you actually earn anything out of it.

To expand my knowledge. I was simply interested in learning everything internet related.

// Thinks about the day when I actually had to search on HOW to install a phpBB2 board :D

the best thing is not to be desperate when you start your site. It's obvious that you can't make the money right away, time has to pass by before you actually earn anything out of it.
Totally agreed. you can't expect any benefits from your site in the first few months (it may even take years). Patience is the key to 'success'.

Thinks about the day when I actually had to search on HOW to install a phpBB2 board :D
LOL Whoo none is born with teh knowledge. xD
The only difference is someone tries to help himself by extending his knowledge while the other one stays as he is.

Thanks everyone for voting/replying.

Because of knowledge,it's not everything about money.I just like tehnology,computers,internet,gadgets.My first site was about my city where i live few years ago,it has been made in joomla.That's nice hobby and you can earn with it.

Because of knowledge,it's not everything about money.I just like tehnology,computers,internet,gadgets.My first site was about my city where i live few years ago,it has been made in joomla.That's nice hobby and you can earn with it.
yea right, earning from something you like is great.
you may also use professional 'ways' to earn from your site: you don't have to fill your site up with annoying ads to earn some bucks! :))

So far, the majority voted for "Fun/Money"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back