1. lpngern

lpngern Member

Jul 4, 2017
    Hi, I have 3 questions for you webmaster that streams videos from G drive,

1) do you run the script/API on your own server?
    2) Do you keep all files on ONE drive or do you diverse the files onto multiple drives?
    3) how many daily UV are you doing?

all answers appreciated

thanks

2. SavkeUltras

SavkeUltras Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    I am looking for same to stream from G Drive but can't find it here.

3. daisu

daisu Active Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Apparently it's a very well guarded secret, I once spoke to a guy who told me that you can get an unlimited G Drive for a one off fee of $350. And those programmers who have the script to stream the videos directly from gdrive don't share or sell the script, they want you to use their script as an API.

I assume their thinking is that if they share the script then Google will ban it and it will no longer work for everyone but in my opinion I think that's a very closed and counter productive mindset :)

Just my 2 cents

4. Tennouji

Tennouji Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    It's a hack, so I won't even try to put my data in a state of limbo where it could be deleted anytime and break my site instantly. To each, their own though, so I don't see a problem if anyone wants to use that kind of hack. There's just that pretty high risk that I won't go for.

You don't even need it to make a self-sufficient stream site, as long as you know what you are doing.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  5. ifoundaway

ifoundaway Member

Jun 27, 2017
    I use the API from www.getlink.club, pretty cheap and works well.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  6. daisu

daisu Active Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Yes and that too! :) it's not a sustainable investment in the long run ..

7. RapidVideo

RapidVideo Well-Known Member Affiliate Rep.

Feb 12, 2012
    Many sites use our Host rapidvideo.com as an alternative for Google Drive with only 1 popup per view or you can pay some money if you want to get the ads removed. We also run a CDN in 2 location which bring the content closer to users and make the videos start faster.

Personally, i have the same optinion as Tennouji.

8. daigual

daigual Member

Jul 17, 2017
    [FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Pls rapidvide pay:[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]38ykRDHXunG3eWnvqZKkD2geMWEHL5rM3X

[/FONT]
    [FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular][TABLE="class: cms_table_cms_table_payments_table, width: 100%"]

Payout of 10.01 $
    on 29.08.2017 09:06
    [TD="bgcolor: #FE2E2E"]Requested[/TD]

Payout of 10.26 $
    on 23.08.2017 16:19
    [TD="bgcolor: #FE2E2E"]Requested[/TD]

Payout of 32.32 $
    on 07.08.2017 12:55
    [TD="bgcolor: #CCCCCC"]On Hold[/TD]

Payout of 50 $
    on 30.06.2017 22:32
    [/TABLE]

[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular][TABLE="class: cms_table_cms_table_payments_table, width: 100%"]

Payout of 20.13 $
    on 08.02.2017 20:00
    [/TABLE]

[/FONT]

9. afdah

afdah Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    It's no secret and no hack. Just a work around google's policy.

You can get unlimited Gdrive for free officially from google also known as G Suite for Education.
    https://edu.google.com/products/productivity-tools/

Provide them an .edu email and you got your unlimited free Gdrive.
    They don't/seldom verify edu email if they are actually legit educational organization.
    To play safe, just create a dummy website from your edu domain and make it looks like a real educational organization website.
    For .edu domains, I will leave it to your creative ideas on how to get it.

Another way, officially to get unlimited GDrive is to get GDrive for Business. This is not free but for a small amount.
    You just need a domain, add 5 users. Get the $10 monthly/per user plan instead of the $5 monthly/per user plan and you are good to go.
    Basically, you pay $50 monthly for unlimited GDrive.

10. coolmrrocky

coolmrrocky Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2016
    lol i used google photos unlimited storage to stream videos.

11. chefo

chefo Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  12. afdah

afdah Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Irregardless on which GDrive version you are going to get, views will always be limited. I forgot the limit. I think its 1000 views per 24hours.
    If any of your files in one GDrive account hit this limit, the whole account will be locked for 24 hours and you will receive the views limited error.
    GDrive is not designed for unlimited views. Youtube is.

There are few work around for this.
    I will share some of this methods.

1. The most trendy but expensive method right now is to use proxy streaming.
    2. If you use the embed IFrame method or download link method. Popular files will block your account for 24 hours for too many views.
    You can sync files between multiple GDrive accounts and use random links between GDrive accounts to increase the views limit.
    3. API based. These are usually temporary solutions. Once the API gets popular, google will detect the loophole based on the unusual activities of the google url used by these APIs and patch it. You can still use them if you want to. There is some API based provider in this forum. Do a search and you will find. :)

13. Tennouji

Tennouji Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    What I meant when I said hack is a "workaround".
    [​IMG]

Just like I was saying, this is not a "good" approach IMO, since it's something that google might penalize you for exploiting their services onto something they don't want you to do: streaming/VOD. I doubt that google made the Gdrive as a corporate high-bandwidth streaming server for your tube sites. I advise to not do so since you most likely would get banned and waste all the work you put in there.

That is, unless you are willing to take that kind of risk, downtime of your streams, and an angry audience.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  14. RapidVideo

RapidVideo Well-Known Member Affiliate Rep.

Feb 12, 2012
    Some of previous GDrive users switched to us to use RapidVideo as Host instead of GDrive, because there is limitations as told by previous posters.

In addition, Google had placed a limit on the Account, that it allow only up to 750 GB uploads into the Account per day. Copying files into another account is forbidden.

I seen many users that got their entire GDrive accounts deleted almost every week and Google fixes the holes every Friday. So reuploading is much work, especially with these limitations for large projects, you can imagine? Thats why they chose us as the Host instead of GDrive "hack".

Tbh, if I were the project developer, today, i would not use GDrive as an safe host for my video files. They are already closing all holes slowly.

15. lpngern

lpngern Member

Jul 4, 2017
    so what I am thinking is to buy some google accounts and upload those videos to each account within that 15GB free range

also , I tried buying those unlimited accounts on ebay but it was banned after a month, I didn't even launch the site, so never buy those accounts from ebay

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  16. coolmrrocky

coolmrrocky Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2016
    Upload your videos to google photos unlimited storage mode. Then Generate Gdrive link via Gdrive panel > Google Photos. And Embed via google drive script or without script.