Which chat application do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnL

Hello,

I am looking for a chat application to implement to my webpage. I want to have option to post youtube videos and to post charts also I would like to have option for design makeover because my page is black. Any suggestions?

Maybe something similar like you have on your this page.

Thanks

So I went out by myself and did quite a lot of research on it. I will post my results here as it may help to someone in the future.

I had several points which are important to me.

1 - First I needed a chat that can be seen in mobile (all versions) so I narrowed down the search for html5 chat room that look good on both mobile and pc.

2 - I needed a custom design, I needed my background to be black or transparent. This was very hard to find (my site is dark).

3 - I do not like to install the chat in my server as this is high cpu and resource consumer. So I need a chat service.

4 - Lastly, I needed the ability to add youtube videos and upload files (technical analysis).

I have checked several chats and only 2 met my needs, RumbleTalk and Cbox.
I choose RumbleTalk finally as it can be integrated into my page and not only as toolbar.

Last edited:
20 comments
I have 2 websites. Both 2 I have launched recently. My website is based on selling products. So, I need to chat with the lot's of people every. I am looking for a better chat software (web based) for my 2 sites. I have heard about Chatwing before. Going to try ChatWing for both of my websites.

I think you should try Zopim or using Facebook chat widget installed directly on your websites. With this way, people come to your website and are using Facebook at that time will chat with you via FB chat box. It's very convenience.

WhatsApp is Good chatting app, but if you like chat with stranger then try mig33, i used it in 2013, but don't know if it's still in use. Now it's turn to migme. Use this it's the one of the best chating app

Chatwing is a great chat room software for group chat if you want to install live chat on your website. I've used chatwing on my website for 2 years, its awesome. I have not used they're chat app builder yet but am considering launching an app too.

Twak.to is free and also Zopim is free but Twak.to is now more popular because of I think its a opensource while Zopim is only limited to 1 chat at a time and user.

Tawk is nice since its free, but since we use WHMCS billing software we use Chatstack that integrates with it seamlessly and works very well. For $9/month for unlimited operators too, its very cost effective.

Slack is a great tool for a real time chat. With Slack you can create dedicated chat channels for different issues, projects and topics that can be shared with the entire team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back