where has the scene gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

risingfatalities

so ill make this quick, ive been out of the scene for about 4 years, back in the day i ran a few fairly big forums. are forums still a thing? i see most of the old big ones are offline as far as warez goes, most people are going to torrents, i want to start something up again, but i mean are warez forums still a thing? are they too risky anymore? whats going one?

5 comments
I consider torrents to be the bigger risk than warez forums of which there are still a lot about 100s if not thousands.

The warez scene is not what it was like in the good ol' days, everyone's autoposting nowadays for money & community general discussions sections are virtually dead. Yes warez forums are still a thing, just not like they used to be though.

damn that really sucks, because i was considering starting up another very large forum, i was just going to weigh the risk. would it really be worth it to start up a forum again? any pointers? are there still ddl sites? should i create a ddl network? you say its not like it used to be but if marketed correctly and some of my old crew is still around i mean i should be able to make something fairly large. what are everyone's thoughts?

I consider torrents to be the bigger risk than warez forums of which there are still a lot about 100s if not thousands.

The warez scene is not what it was like in the good ol' days, everyone's autoposting nowadays for money & community general discussions sections are virtually dead. Yes warez forums are still a thing, just not like they used to be though.

Forum looks active but they are not 5k auto posters on a forum and only 50 to 75 real people posting. Torrents are like 5x to 10x worse than downloading from file host

Not sure if its right to say the term "Scene". As The Scene stands for (Cant post link so google it)

I was the owner of xtremew.org it was nice to have communities with content / downloads back then. Now it's all auto posters, which actually harms the site ten-folds. But frankly speaking, we can't just blame it on one thing, Auto poster can be stopped, but the lazy webmasters are not doing so because currently that's the only source of "Downloads/Posts". I would like to correct if you are on a country where downloading copyright content is illegal. Doesn't matter which source you'd download from you will face consequence's. Plus file hosting sites are crappy when compared from before. Remember the old Megashares/ Megaupload/Rapidshare days!!! where to download a file it was easy and not money whoring.
File hosting sites and their approach are also one reason why people opt out of forums with download links, as the downloads are comparatively slower and more ADDS!!! So most of the Smart people go with downloading from Torrents, X DCC, Site Dumps etc. So why to bother to go download from a file host which is hosted on a crappy set of dedicated server (not even a co-location or have its own DC).

As of current date- on a private tracker i am maxed out of my DLspeed. But on any given file hosting my DL speed reaches only 20 % - 30 % of it.
Same goes with public tracker (if it has seeds above 10k)

Now a warez forum is all about Money making, I remember ran XtremeW on my pocket money, when i was a kid (16 years or so) and didn't make a dime out of it, while i ran the site!

Everyone knows we code links: But did you know that back in the day it was important to code links sites like PW, FW and several of them had this rule started to avoid tracking of links to file host.

But now coding links also does not matter as you have a lot of crappy bots hanging around in the forums, searching for links. So going a little offtopic: Why to code links ;). All the Veteran webmasters will understand what i am trying to say!

Even though i have started a new forum after 7 Long years, I have taken steps to completely eliminate auto posters on my site.
Good luck to all the new webmasters as well.

Mario.
WarezForums.net

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back