Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperz

Veteran
So I haven't really been active on WJ in years. I still see some old familiar faces around but I can't help but notice that the sites activity is a far cry from what it was a couple of years ago. How come? What happened?

29 comments
Wj's Most traffics are coming from Filesharing hosts but recently Filesharing sites sucks compared to the OLD Days.

That's a good point but the filesharing thing was pretty much a phase. Before that everybody and their moms were running a warez forum, topsites or Katz clones. Things change. Now it's streaming sites. But the thing is, piracy and the whole scene around is still popular as ever. So one would think this would be reflected on sites like WJ.

WJ has slowly turned from a webmaster hangout to an affiliate earnings hangout.

I remember WJ was within the 500th most visited sites. And now it is In 52,000. I know there are many competitors but Still, It went down a lot :(

Which sites compete with WJ then? As far as I know there's only ever been Admin-Spot and that one uploader forum that ended up being a MAFIAA honeypot. Both are long gone though.

That's a good point but the filesharing thing was pretty much a phase. Before that everybody and their moms were running a warez forum, topsites or Katz clones. Things change. Now it's streaming sites. But the thing is, piracy and the whole scene around is still popular as ever. So one would think this would be reflected on sites like WJ.

I remember WJ was within the 500th most visited sites. And now it is In 52,000. I know there are many competitors but Still, It went down a lot :(

Which sites compete with WJ then? As far as I know there's only ever been Admin-Spot and that one uploader forum that ended up being a MAFIAA honeypot. Both are long gone though.

Competitors mean many sites with a lot of traffics.

Most of the major file sharing sites we all used for a while got either taken down or are pushing hard on anti-warez piracy stuff.

WJ was home of some of the top major web hosts from the smaller view for warez, until we all started to grow out of it.
Nowadays i cant even torrent without getting a dmca unlike before that i could download a torrent of tpb and stop it and be good.

Blackhatworld, digital point, warrior forum, sitepoint and a few others are currently getting most of the traffic.

Most of those do not fall under the same niche as WJ though. BHW is probably the only one in that list that actually overlaps with WJ's target audience but even then it's not quite the same IMO.

I guess, what we should ask ourselves now is, what do we provide here that is exclusive to WJ? Content that only WJ serves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back