What server do you need for streaming?

fring

What kind of server do you need to have your own hosting for streaming? Let's say 50-100 users are watching movies at the same time.

31 comments
If you tell everyone about your video hosting site on few sites 5tb to 15tb space and 16gb on one server will only be good for a few months then you will need another server. Better to get 2 servers when the set it being setup the more resources and space the better.

I have been using Wowza Streaming Cloud end-to-end live video streaming service that offers a managed infrastructure, a free player, autoscaling to any size audience, and a REST API

Choose Wowza Streaming Cloud if you...

• Want cloud-based audio-only streaming, with pay-as-you-go pricing
  • Need to start streaming audio quickly
  • Need to stream 24x7 audio content
  • Do not want to purchase and manage server hardware and software
  • Want an out-of-the-box audio-streaming solution
Adrian Gates
Sr.System Admin -
Apps4Rent

Hello,

Basic needs for streaming servers are Bandwidth and port. Next comes the HDD. Atleast 100 to 250TB Bandwidth is must for streaming servers including the port which must be dedicated.

Thanks
Calvin K
Sales Team

well i just wanted good streaming for my users. Not to have to much loading time. Atm using yetishare. I'll be doing conversion myself into 480p with movie files between 200-500mb.

You would need RTMP or HLS streaming for that. As well as multiple qualities support with automatic switch depends on user's bandwidth capabilities.

I only want to serve 480p, nothing less or more. I already convert my videos before uploading. What's advantage of rtmp or hls? Does your script offer this?

Back