Status
Not open for further replies.

dr2015

Banned
Banned
i see a lot of websites using this nameservers ns1.cloudflare.com

they host ur websites? how can they make a site fast if they not host? i dont understand what they do

15 comments
I've tried it on a few websites and I actually found Cloudflare worked slower than what I was hoping for. I have good DNS servers for my websites and I think Cloudflare just adds better DNS resolution.

Hi,

they are good for low traffic site mostly. if your traffic is heavy cloudflare is not going to be of much help!

Not true at all. We have a number of larger traffic sites using us now (Metallica.com, for example).

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I've tried it on a few websites and I actually found Cloudflare worked slower than what I was hoping for. I have good DNS servers for my websites and I think Cloudflare just adds better DNS resolution.

Highly unusual for us to slow down a site because we have over twenty datacenters. Did you contact us for assistance? Some beta features may cause performance issues at times...but these are easy to turn off.

actually they steal our traffic as most hosts have 10% downtime and they relink those traffic to their own site right? the free plan

LOL it's amazing the shit people come up with when they have no clue. They do not steal your traffic. I just had a imgah member complain we never have counted any of the traffic he sent. Turns out he was not even a member. People say dumb things for no reason what-so-ever.

you say people talk dumb, but ur talking dumb urself, do u not see the ?? symbol? its a question, not a fact i am saying

Look at your grammar. You made a complete statement first. The "right?" would be for reassurance from the public about said statement made.

Looks as if we have ourselves a classic case of miscommunication here.

CF = Is a CND that's all. The diff is with CF the traffic moves to CF then your website and without it just your website. You getting half of traffic bcz other half on CF.The bad thing about CF is - if your most of the clients from outside of USA = most of them can find ur site offline.

Hi,

cloudflare.com review: my traffic went from 2k to like 1k in 1 week

anyone any idea why?

We shouldn't impact your traffic at all, really.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

The bad thing about CF is - if your most of the clients from outside of USA = most of them can find ur site offline.[/QUOTE]

Not true at all. The number one reason this happens is that the site's server or host is limiting or blocking requests from our IPs. You need to check to make sure that nothing is blocking/limiting (.htacess, firewall rules, security plugins, etc.) our ability to access the site. Troubleshooting CloudFlare Site Offline error messages.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Just wanted to alert CloudFlare users that there is a phishing attack against CloudFlare customers right now. Please do not respond to any emails saying something like your "load limit" has been reached (we don't charge for bandwidth).

cloudflare.com review: my traffic went from 2k to like 1k in 1 week

anyone any idea why?

More like you have no Idea :facepalm:, stop blaming cloudflare on your traffic decrease. If your traffic is decreasing, then you as the site owner should know what might have the cause, maybe lack of advertising, your site doesnt have good optimization towards search engine, and etc etc.

Seriously dude, Cloudflare is just a CDN (Content Delivery Network), caching your site. Cloudflare also useful to protect your site against malicious visitors, or a ddos attack. I've been using them for a while and happy for it. Easy to setup.

My traffic never decreases, any idea why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back