What Community Forum Is Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
19 comments
If you decide to use vBulletin at this stage, considering the alternatives available, you're gonna have a bad time and should be shot.
Unless you need any of the apps offered by IP.B (the official ones anyway), then Xenforo is where you need to be.

For paid - vBulletin
Free - SMF or phpBB3. My forum int he signature is with SMF - easy use and settings, user-friendly.

My opinion

I found in my experience IPB to be the best, good support and loads of backing

I also found after a seller tried to rip me off for a second hand license that there licensing team and system was very very good as well

Mybb is the best just came out with version 1.8 and when ever a new security hole is found a new version comes out 10 days to 2 weeks later. All other forums software is dying

Vbulletin is dying a lot of the coders jump to Xenforo

IPB decent but not updated often enough

Xenforo updated are slow as dirt and not really ready for a forum with a few million post

Phpbb3 suck pretty much dead not used much

SMF sucks pretty much dead not used much

Out of the two - IPB. It has a much more modern and refreshing feel over the dated and sad looking vBulletin, in my opinion. I also prefer the administration side of things in IPB.

If I had to choose any forum software, though - it would be MyBB. Version 1.8 was recently released. It has some neat little features as standard.

I'd have to suggest IPB, the theme itself is very nice and it's very easy to use. I've used vB & IPB before along with MyBB & SMF.

Above all I'd suggest IPB then MyBB then vB and then SMF. But it's just a matter of personal opinion.

ipb I use to love but now it has honestly gone to shit.

The best 2 forum types out there for me are personally
(free)MyBB
(paid)Vbulletin

If you want to see what MyBB is like you can take a look at my forum
When it comes to managing plugins & extensions IPB is the worst at it with configuring hooks & settings. I find MyBB & Vbulletin way easier to handle when it comes to plugins & adding extension features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back